Glockz pulls the trigger on ProtoMax

Glockz

Glockz

Awards
Well I've been researching and researching but have finally made my decision to run ProtoMax for my first PH cycle. This decision was based on my desire for some lean gains while reducing the potential of sides. Thanks to those who performed the recent ProtoMax logs here and the members who answered all my questions.

This being my first cycle and wanting to lean out some I plan to keep my diet about the same with some additional protein. I realize I may need to adjust this depending on how my body reacts but I will cross that bridge later.

I pre-loaded on AI Cycle Support for the nearly 2 weeks and started Protomax on yesterday. Below is how I plan to run everything:

Wks 1-13 Cycle Support v1 (IMO, the worst tasting product out there)
Wks 3-5 Protomax 50mg
Wks 6-7 Protomax 75mg (if all is going well at 50mg)
Wks 8-9 Nolva 20/20, Stoked
Wks 10-11 Novla 10/10, Stoked, Lean Extreme
Wks 12-13 Lean Extreme

Additional Support: Multivitamin, Fish Oils, Creatine (starting in PCT).

I don’t have the time to do a daily detailed log but will update as time permits and plan to provide a full review at the end.

I hope some of your guys join along for the ride and can provide me guidance when needed.

Thanks in advance,
Glockz

D

dbl38

Awards
  • Established
You will probably want to bump to 75mg fairly early in the run.............

Glockz

Glockz

Awards
Day 1 – Workout Routine A

-----

Bench Press - 210x10, 210x10, 210x8, 210x7
Inverted Rows - 1x15, 1x12, 2x10
Dips - 3x10, 1x8
Pull-ups/Chin-ups – 10/6, 7/3
Reverse Crunch – 2x20

-----

Status: I didn’t feel any affects of Proto on the first day but didn’t expect anything right out the gate. Workout felt really good as I had an extra level of motivation with starting my first cycle.

Glockz

Glockz

Awards
Day 2 – Workout Routine B

Barbell Rows - 130x10, 140x10, 150x9, 160x7
Deadlift – 190x10, 195x8, 200x6
Reverse Cable Crossovers
Overhead Press
Planks

-----

Status: I felt a little more aggressive/focused in the gym today. This could be Proto kicking in a little or just me being motivated to make the most of cycle. Nothing else to report at this point.

Glockz

Glockz

Awards
Day 3 – Workout Routine (Misc Exercises)

-----

Wednesday is what I call my “Miscellaneous Workout Day”. Some weeks it’s a rest day and others it’s just a day to hit exercises that come to mind that day. Not the most disciplined approach but it keeps me from getting bored with my workout routine.

-----

Squats
Standing Barbell Curls
Pull-ups/Chin-ups
Double Kettlebell Swings
Decline Crunches

-----

Status: I felt really good in the gym today. Didn’t get much rest the night before but once in the gym it was go time. Still at 50mg per day and not really feeling anything significantly positive or negative at this point. It’s only a few days in so shouldn’t expect much.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you need anything on this let me know. GL

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Hopefully, by day ten you should be able to report changes in muscle tone. How often were you lifting weights previously? Before this cycle, Regularly? Do you increase and decrease your poundages in a periodized manner? How many years have you been lifting weights?

Glockz

Glockz

Awards
Hopefully, by day ten you should be able to report changes in muscle tone. How often were you lifting weights previously? Before this cycle, Regularly? Do you increase and decrease your poundages in a periodized manner? How many years have you been lifting weights?
I've been back in the gym regularly (5 days a week) for about a year now. I increase the weights as much and often as possible. Once I burned through the quick gains in the first 5-6 months my body and the gains have leveled off. I do change my routine from higher reps to 5x5 routine every few months to break things up. I've been lifting on and off again for 12+ years.

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I've been back in the gym regularly (5 days a week) for about a year now. I increase the weights as much and often as possible. Once I burned through the quick gains in the first 5-6 months my body and the gains have leveled off. I do change my routine from higher reps to 5x5 routine every few months to break things up. I've been lifting on and off again for 12+ years.
Sounds good. I know you will be un-biased in this log. Are you using any other androgens besides proto?

Glockz

Glockz

Awards
Day 5 – Workout Routine A

-----

Bench Press - 210x10, 210x10, 210x10, 210x9
Dips - 3x10, 1x8
Pull-ups/Chin-ups – 10/5, 7/3
Reverse Crunch – 1x20

-----

Status: I felt really good in the gym today. I seemed to have an extra something today to push out a few more reps on bench press. I’ve been trying to get 210x10 for 4 sets for about 4 weeks and nearly got it today.

Overall I can say so far there has been a slight increase in strength and endurance with vascularity being way up. The pump from today’s workout has stayed with me for the entire of the day (I work out mid-morning). I haven’t experienced any sides yet and libido is about the same if not slightly decreased. I’m planning to bump to 75mg on Monday since that seems to be where the recent logs documented Proto kicking in.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
I'm wondering how I missed this one. I'm in.

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Day 5 – Workout Routine A

-----

Bench Press - 210x10, 210x10, 210x10, 210x9
Dips - 3x10, 1x8
Pull-ups/Chin-ups – 10/5, 7/3
Reverse Crunch – 1x20

-----

Status: I felt really good in the gym today. I seemed to have an extra something today to push out a few more reps on bench press. I’ve been trying to get 210x10 for 4 sets for about 4 weeks and nearly got it today.

Overall I can say so far there has been a slight increase in strength and endurance with vascularity being way up. The pump from today’s workout has stayed with me for the entire of the day (I work out mid-morning). I haven’t experienced any sides yet and libido is about the same if not slightly decreased. I’m planning to bump to 75mg on Monday since that seems to be where the recent logs documented Proto kicking in.
I dont know, at day 5, getting effects, you may be a hyper-responder. I would wait till day 12 or 14, for premonitions of any sides, thats JMO though.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anxious to see your results

Glockz

Glockz

Awards
I dont know, at day 5, getting effects, you may be a hyper-responder. I would wait till day 12 or 14, for premonitions of any sides, thats JMO though.
You could be right, this is my first go around with a PH so just the fact I'm giving that extra effort to make the most of it could be what I was feeling in the gym. Somebody with more cycles under their belt can probably tell better than I at this point.

I went ahead and bumped up to 75mg yesterday so I'll report more as the week goes on. Thanks for your input and following along.

Glockz

Glockz

Awards
Day 8

-----

Bench Press - 210x10, 210x10, 210x9, 220x5
Standing Barbell Curls
Dips - 3x10
FB DB Flyes
Reverse Crunch – 2x20

-----

Status: I felt pretty good in the gym today. I ended up taking most of the weekend off due to a sore elbow. I normally have issues with my shoulder so not sure if the elbow was due to Proto or just over-training so took it easy this weekend. I bumped to 75mg yesterday but nothing new to report yet. I'm hoping things start to kick in this week.

Any recommendations on dealing with joint pain? I've bumped up my fish oils to 4 caps a day while on cycle. I'm thinking about giving Super Cissus Rx a try. Thoughts?

Glockz

Glockz

Awards
Day 11

-----

Bench Press - 210x10, 210x10, 210x9, 210x9
Standing Barbell Curls
Dips
Decline Crunch – 2x20

-----

Status: I’ve been extremely busy at work so it’s been a couple days since I’ve updated the log. Workouts have been going pretty well the past couple days but had to cut it a little short today due to my schedule. Haven’t really noticed anything too significant yet, just the same as earlier reported with increased vascularity and duration of pump. No changes to mention with strength, libido or side effects. I’m still dosing at 75mg. I’m hoping things really start to kick in next week.

PhREAK

PhREAK

Awards
Looking forward to seeing how this pans out.. Good Luck

Glockz

Glockz

Awards
Day 12-18

Status: It’s been another week on Proto and things are going about the same as past weeks. Workouts have been going pretty well but haven’t noticed anything too significant yet. I’ve had a slight increase in strength but probably more noticeable is an increase in endurance. Once I get rolling in the gym I don’t want to stop…after completing one of my normal routines I find myself adding another exercise or two before running out of steam.

As noted before there is an increase vascularity and duration of pump. I’m also starting to experience some leaning out which is one of he key things I was looking for. I hope to continue to lean out over the last two weeks.

Since I purchased another bottle of Proto to run 75mg I’m thinking of bumping to 100mg for weeks 4 and 5. I’ll make that decision over the weekend. I'm a little concerned about my joints though as I'm they do seem to be drying somewhat. I've increased my fish oils to see if that helps.

One last thing of note, unlike most of the other Protomax logs my libido is way down. I’m not sure what could be added while on cycle to help with this. Maybe AI PERFORM? I've seen recommendations to try some DHEA...would something like IBE X-Lean work?

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the update Glockz, keep on truckin'!
Try some rc tada or something to pick you up.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
I'm in like fynn. . haha i like the logs so far on proto. . .pick up some straight dhea mang. . you should be good there. . 50mgs will do the trick. .. :fing02:

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Any recommendations on dealing with joint pain? I've bumped up my fish oils to 4 caps a day while on cycle. I'm thinking about giving Super Cissus Rx a try. Thoughts?
You can't go wrong w/ the Super Cissus from Nutra. Get the bulk & mega dose it on your cycle. Your joints will thank you & you can thank me later!! I take 1/4 tsp about 5-6x a day & feel great!!!

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
Day 8

-----

Bench Press - 210x10, 210x10, 210x9, 220x5
Standing Barbell Curls
Dips - 3x10
FB DB Flyes
Reverse Crunch – 2x20

-----

Status: I felt pretty good in the gym today. I ended up taking most of the weekend off due to a sore elbow. I normally have issues with my shoulder so not sure if the elbow was due to Proto or just over-training so took it easy this weekend. I bumped to 75mg yesterday but nothing new to report yet. I'm hoping things start to kick in this week.

honestly take abut 15g of fish oil and you'll feel marvelous. . .thats what i do everyday 12-15g with msm/gluc and no more problems with joints :fing02:

Glockz

Glockz

Awards
honestly take abut 15g of fish oil and you'll feel marvelous. . .thats what i do everyday 12-15g with msm/gluc and no more problems with joints :fing02:
thanks man...I picked up some gluc/cho/msm this evening and I'll start adding that to my supplement stack. Hopefully in a few days I'll start to feel a little better.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Some good advice on the joint supps, take care of them now, as it does seem that proto has a drying effect from what Ive read. Keep us posted.

Aaelael

Aaelael

Awards
  • Established
Any Updates?? bigt gave great review on this stuff. . . soo did hoopem. . . WE WANT MORE hahah!!

Glockz

Glockz

Awards
Days 19-23

Ok, now things are cookin’ with this cycle. I finally broke through my flat bench plateau. I had been stuck trying to do 4 sets of 210x10 and finally broke through that last week. This Monday I did 210x10, 220x10, 220x9, 230x7. It’s kind of difficult to explain but the increases in strength have been slow and steady since the middle of week 3.

Since this is my first cycle I wasn’t sure what to expect but in the back of my mind I was thinking this light switch would just turn on and I would have this drastic change in strength with size following. I knew that wasn’t logical with this compound but still kind of thought it would be this huge difference all of a sudden. Looking back at my workouts since the start of the cycle I’ve had slow but steady results throughout with things really being noticeable the past few days.

I would say visually the most noticeable is the leaning out my entire body. I still had a few pounds that had been nagging me around my waist line and it’s mostly gone now and starting to see my abs. The size gains thus far are mostly noticeable in my back and shoulders. I’m much more excited this week and looking forward to pushing hard through the end if week 5.

I decided to leave the dosing at 75mg since this is my first go around with PH but will extend it to 5 weeks. I just didn’t want to get greedy with increasing the dosage and end up dealing with more side effects than benefits.

Speaking of side effects so far I haven’t had anything except the reduced libido and some dry joints. I increased my fish oil intake and added Glucosamine to my supplement stack on last Friday. I seem to feel a little better this morning so I hope that continues to improve. Next time I’ll be sure to increase the fish oils and add joint support when starting my cycle rather than trying to be reactive.

Thanks for the support guys and I will try and provide updates more often as I get closer to the end of this ride.

Glockz

Glockz

Awards
Day 24-28

Weight: 212lbs. +4 lbs.

Dosing: I increased the doses to 100mg starting on day 26 and will continue at that level through the end of my cycle this Friday. Haven’t noticed anything positive or negative with increasing the dose but figured I had the supply to increase the dose and finish strong.

Strength: Still a slow but steady increase in the strength department.

Muscle Fullness: I was looking at pictures from a month ago and there is no question I’ve put on some size in the past 4-5 weeks. It’s mostly noticeable in my back and shoulders but I would say my arms have put on nearly an inch as well. I wish I would have taken measurements prior to starting the cycle now.

Libido: Nothing to really write home about.

Overall: I’m hoping things continue to be positive as I complete my first cycle. I’m feeling better so far this week than I have in a couple mostly due to less pain in my elbows and shoulders. I’m going go continue to push hard the rest of the cycle and will give a complete review once PCT starts.

PhREAK

PhREAK

Awards
I did this same thing and I have to say it went well..would suggest this to anyone new to the game, or looking to change things up.

G

gidemon

Banned
Awards
I did this same thing and I have to say it went well..would suggest this to anyone new to the game, or looking to change things up.
im not new to the game but im about 6 months off now,50mg ed for 4 weeks worth anything or do you have to invest in 100 mg ed for any results?

D

dbl38

Awards
  • Established
im not new to the game but im about 6 months off now,50mg ed for 4 weeks worth anything or do you have to invest in 100 mg ed for any results?
75mgs seems to be where the sweet spot is. I have run it twice and at 50mgs didn't see much and at 100mgs had some sort of problem but I was blowing up quick! I didn't find the strength gains kicking in before I stopped ( I quit after 15 days).

G

gidemon

Banned
Awards
thanx,this is a new compound to me and new compounds are allways fun to get into...btw

would you consider this good for cutting,recomp..or bulk...or both?

D

dbl38

Awards
  • Established
I would say recomp to bulk I was running a lean bulk and put on about 5-8lbs in a week and a half. I would be careful at 100+ mgs it gave me gyno symptoms but I may be unique to this one.

PhREAK

PhREAK

Awards
Yea, like he said 75mg seems the be the sweet spot, was for me anyways. I bumped it up to 100mg and felt lethargic, might have be my calorie intake, but I dropped it back to 75mg and rode it out. I am happy with the results.

PhREAK

PhREAK

Awards
Yea like he said 75mg is the sweet spot, was for me. I upped it to 100mg and felt lethargic, might have been my calorie intake, but I dropped it back to 75 and rode it out. I'm happy with the results.

indianballer

indianballer

Awards
  • Established
nice log. I'll be finishing off my current test E run with protomax so I love seein logs pop up. Sounds like it's going well for you. Keep pushing bro.