Bulking then cutting, all in one cycle?

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok I am 3 weeks into a 4-ad/m1t cycle and have about another 3 weeks to go (1 left of m1t, 3 of 4-ad). Basically I am wondering if it is normally frowned upon to suddenly switch to a "cutting" diet right in the middle of a cycle? I know reducing calories during PCT is very bad idea and will cause you to lose much of your gains, but what about before the PCT hits, to help shed some of the accumulated fat?

I have gained some good muscle and am up to 205 but the scale has not budged in about 5 days and I was thinking if I could just switch to cutting now and use these last 3 or 4 weeks to lose about 10lbs of fat I would be one happy man. I would rather not have to wait 5 or 6 weeks to start cutting.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Yes, it is definitely not a good idea to start cutting, up your calories more, now that you've gained muscle, you need to eat more.

ManBeast

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes, it is definitely not a good idea to start cutting, up your calories more, now that you've gained muscle, you need to eat more.

ManBeast
read what he put before you comment. :rolleyes: :D

i wouldn't do it bro, you can start cutting now, but for a 6 week cycle, i honestly think you'd be wasting your time. Its not always a waste especially during longer 12-16 weekers, i usually throwing in fina, or something to solidify gains along w/ a bit of clen. but for 6 weeks i recommend you dont. 3 weeks for bulking isn't enough, and 3 weeks for cutting wont do too much ...just be a waste IMO

the way i'd do it, is keep bulking but keep it real real clean, and throw in some clen a week before you come off, and continue it 2 weeks after to keep post cycle fat off. I think this would work out well.

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
on a side note, if you've managed to figure out a way to lose 10lbs of fat in 3 weeks while retaining all your muscle, please fill me in.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
read what he put before you comment. :rolleyes: :D

i wouldn't do it bro, you can start cutting now, but for a 6 week cycle, i honestly think you'd be wasting your time. Its not always a waste especially during longer 12-16 weekers, i usually throwing in fina, or something to solidify gains along w/ a bit of clen. but for 6 weeks i recommend you dont. 3 weeks for bulking isn't enough, and 3 weeks for cutting wont do too much ...just be a waste IMO

the way i'd do it, is keep bulking but keep it real real clean, and throw in some clen a week before you come off, and continue it 2 weeks after to keep post cycle fat off. I think this would work out well.
Thanks for the replies, good advice. Is there any reason to be concerned about adding in clen for PCT.... would it cause any extra muscle to be burnt? It just seems to fly a bit in the face of the "keep calories up and do no cardio" that everyone recommends during pct. BUT on the other hand I do know clen is anti-catabolic so maybe it is good to add in as long as cals are kept high?

Damn this **** gets confusing ;)

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Clen is fine for PCT. In fact, I'm beginning a new 6 week cycle tomorrow and will add in clen twice during the cycle, then at the beginning of my PCT.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
How can you say that clen is fine for PCT, Cuffs? In most cases, not all, a person that has put on some lean muscle need time for the body to stablize that muscle before attempting to cut or all the body will do is take off the muscle that was just put on. Now, I have a feeling you are going to say that clen has anti-catabolic properties, but they have never been proved to be enough. That is the main reason you don't do T3 without being on something besides clen, the T3 just speeds up the normal processes that happens during cutting.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
When I reccomend clen for pct, I'm saying very low dosages to help keep the excess fat off, not "cut" per say.

ManBeast

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
How can you say that clen is fine for PCT, Cuffs? In most cases, not all, a person that has put on some lean muscle need time for the body to stablize that muscle before attempting to cut or all the body will do is take off the muscle that was just put on. Now, I have a feeling you are going to say that clen has anti-catabolic properties, but they have never been proved to be enough. That is the main reason you don't do T3 without being on something besides clen, the T3 just speeds up the normal processes that happens during cutting.
I should have clarified myself, but I took into account that most people will research about PCT...not all. I believe that the use of clen is fine as long as you are keeping your calories high to help maintain, or stabalize, the new muscle growth. I'm in no way suggesting going straight into cutting as a part of PCT. That would render the cycle one just did pretty much useless. I was going by the anti-catabolic properties that clen offers, but only to help minimize fat gain during PCT. I was always informed that clen used this way was fine, basically like Manbeast has said. My apologies for not explaining myself. ;) And if I'm wrong about this, then it's Manbeast's fault, and maybe a little bit of BigPete's. :D

raylewis

Awards
When I reccomend clen for pct, I'm saying very low dosages to help keep the excess fat off, not "cut" per say.

ManBeast
what dosage of clen for pct?? i can prob get a hold of some but would like to know what people recommend. i believe i can get 50 caps but not sure about what dose they are as i have never taken it before.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I would say 20mcg/ed is a good place to start.

ManBeast

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How long to do you guys recommend to allow your body to adjust to the new muscle mass before truly cutting? I have gained about 15 and am about to come off and want to cut before summer ends... I was thinking about giving it 4 weeks of PCT then another 2 to 3 weeks of maintenance cals THEN cutting (probably clen+m4ohn+4-ad or possibly just a straight ckd).

By the way I gained all my weight in the first 2 weeks of my cycle, and have not gained anything in the last 1.5 weeks, just a slightly better body composition, so my body has already started to adjust to the muscle mass, I am pretty sure.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I always bulk and cut in the same cycle. The first half is fronted with androgens and bloaters(like a A50/test stack) then a small 7 or 9 day break and finish off with an equal amount of cutters (like 1-test/halo/clen). By the end of this combo cycle, usually about 8 - 10wk's, I finish bigger and lean. As far as a 'cutting diet' in the middle, as you put it, NO. I have done it adtkins style on the last half with enhanced success but the protein must remain high(especially with extra thyroid intake)

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I actually think I am going to extend my cycle and cut for the last 3-4 weeks. I will use ckd and some 4-AD/m4ohn (with maybe some m5aa thrown in). My weight has been steady since coming off the m1t 6 days ago (still running the 4-AD).

So basically my overall cycle will end up like this:

Weeks 1-9: 800mg transdermal 4-AD
Weeks 1-3: 15mg M1T
Weeks 5-9: 16mg M4OHN (+ maybe some M5AA pre WO)

with weeks 1-3 being bulking diet, week 4 maintenance, and weeks 5-9 cutting (ckd). What do you think?

By the way where you from in TX, DrD? Tex A&M here.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
That actually sounds pretty good, I bet it works. Your strategy is similar to mine(or maybe just your genetics) but I couldn't go wk1-9 on all that 4ad. I would get headaches after 1 or 2 wk's of that dose initially. I usually start low with the test and build up staying just ahead of the curve, like 100, 200, 400, 600, 800, 800, then ramp down a bit faster.
I'm out of school now, chillin' in SA current

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That actually sounds pretty good, I bet it works. Your strategy is similar to mine(or maybe just your genetics) but I couldn't go wk1-9 on all that 4ad. I would get headaches after 1 or 2 wk's of that dose initially. I usually start low with the test and build up staying just ahead of the curve, like 100, 200, 400, 600, 800, 800, then ramp down a bit faster.
I'm out of school now, chillin' in SA current
Headaches from the 4ad? I haven't had any yet. What causes that... increased blood pressure?

I'll keep you posted on the results... oh and I think I will keep my training the same (volume training, about 12 sets per body part, each body part once a week), unless I (or someone else) can think of a good reason otherwise.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad to see the big T state housin' up in this mofo! Go Pistons!
Your routine sounds fine, do what works for you, and let us know about this cycle as it continues

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't start ckd at the end, I personally like to end my ckd during a cycle to help prevent rebound, but to each their own.

ManBeast

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't start ckd at the end, I personally like to end my ckd during a cycle to help prevent rebound, but to each their own.

ManBeast
That's interesting, I just never get rebound, I take 275mic T4 every day too, so I can get kinda sloppy with alot of things, ultrafast recovery and good ckd residuals long after i quit, but i have to eat protien all fn day!

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am from San Antonio and go to A&M...and Go Pistons!!!
Coo... what year? '05 here... lift at gold's in college station for now, but will be doing the Rec Center thing fall semester.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

ManBeast
How long does a rebound normally last and what does it consist of ? (Yes I am new to ckd's :) I could easily extend the cycle 1 or 2 weeks to account for this.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
Definately don't cut yet

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
The rebound can be avoided, but why make things difficult now? Just finish out as planned.

ManBeast