ethical implications with the use of AAS?

hethcliff

Awards
  • Established
i do not consider myself natural as i have used and am currently using PH's and legal gear such as m1t. i was just wondering if any of you have run into any ethical issues with using gear? i personally have no issues with it other than legal ones as i plan on becoming an officer and just wanted to hear your thoughts on it all. thx guys :)

size

Awards
  • Established
In a world with sex changes, hormone replacement therapy, hormonal birth control, cosmetic surgery, etc, I believe there are no ethical problems with using hormones.

hethcliff

Awards
  • Established
In a world with sex changes, hormone replacement therapy, hormonal birth control, cosmetic surgery, etc, I believe there are no ethical problems with using hormones.
:cool:

Billy the kid

Board Supporter
Awards
The brings me to another question.

WWJD?

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
The brings me to another question.

WWJD?
Seems like we share some of the same feelings on this matter. This is something I think i will struggle w/in the near future.

My question is why are aas looked at as unethical while ciggarettes/alcohol are not.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Why is it ok for people to maniuplate their hormones in order to have sex without risk of a child, whereas manipulating hormones to add muscle and/or drop fat is bad? Or better yet, why are "fake" enhancements (pec/calf implates for example) ok, whereas "real" steroid-assisted enhancements are not?

ManBeast

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
I dont see too many board members responding this question with an "ethically wrong" answer. Even though many of you have suggested the comparison between the severeness of AAS use to the rest of the body-altering options accessible to the public, lets take a look on AAS alone. Its my belief that as long as one does not draw an addiction to this substance, the choice to use it is kept morally in check.
Sage

hethcliff

Awards
  • Established
Why is it ok for people to maniuplate their hormones in order to have sex without risk of a child, whereas manipulating hormones to add muscle and/or drop fat is bad? Or better yet, why are "fake" enhancements (pec/calf implates for example) ok, whereas "real" steroid-assisted enhancements are not?

ManBeast
good points. sage, i just wanted to hear some of the guys thoughts on here.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
imo, aas use (w/o script) is the classic example of malum prohibitum only

iow, it is illegal, but its not bad. stupid laws made it illegal. it should not be. even the DEA and the AMA etc did NOT support the act of 1990 making them controlled substances.

script for birth control pills are easily obtainable because there is a hyoooge lobby for reproductive rights

and script for AAS (which should be Rx not controlled substances) are hard to get (especially for aesthetic development vs. low dose HRT) because there is not a hyoooge lobby (well, they are hyoooge, but they are not numerous) to fight for these rights

one would hope that fair minded people would support this stuff, but the reality is, apart from a few good people, most supporters of reform AAS laws are the small minority of people who would benefit

they have been demonized by the press, the govt., and the medical community.

\and it sux