Suggest A Workout For My Cycle

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
I know this probably should be posted in a different area, but I get better responses and comments in this area. So here we go.

I've always worked out the same way, basically my way. Semi-heavy with 8-10 reps, 3 sets. For my next cycle I would like some advice on a workout routine that would best fit my goals and work best along with the cycle itself. I usually break down my workouts as follows:

Day 1:
chest/abs

Day 2:
bi's/tri's

Day 3:
legs/abs

Day 4:
back/shoulders/lats/traps

Day 5:
neck/forearms/grip/abs

Cycle:

1-4 Beastdrol(Superdrol clone) 10/20/20/30mg
1-15 Test E 750mg
17-21 Clomid 100/75/50/25

Supplements While On Cycle (Will start these 4 weeks before cycle)

Vitamin C 2000mg/day
Multi-Vitamin every day
Flax Seed Oil 5000mg/day
Cranberry Extract 2000mg/day
Alpha-lipoic acid 500mg/day
Milk Thistle 1500mg/day
Ginger Root 1000mg before main meals
Saw Palmetto every day
L-Glutamine 5000-10000mg/day

My goals:

I would like to get to about 200lbs, with definition. I am looking for a little more muscle endurance rather then over-all max strength. I broke my thumb and part of the actual thumb joint in April and have had surgery with 3 pins in my hand. Recovery has been super slow, and my grip with the hand is not very strong, and heavy weight on it hurts still, as of right now. I was wanting to start this cycle in the next couple weeks, but will be waiting probably another 2 months. I want to get back some muscle memory, be in better shape, and get my lifts back to where they use to be. I have not been able to workout for over 4 months. My body weight dropped from about 195 to 175. I have previous experience with Test, Dbol, Tren, EQ, and Winstrol. My diet will be spot on as well.

I would like to have a 4 day workout week, with all these body groups involved. I am very open as to what specific exercises for each body part, as I have been doing the same simple things for years. I have always had great results, but looking for suggestions. I get very lean muscle gains from Test, but I have never tried Superdrol. I am expecting to get awesome strength gains on it, and gain overall mass; then hoping the Test kicks in to continue the strength gains and help me with definition. I will also be doing cardio religiously this time, as I never really did before because I hate it (lol)

zachmanman

zachmanman

Awards
well if you're doing a split like that you could increase volume a bit more

maybe try 10 sets of 3 for some main lifts to get some strength

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
well if you're doing a split like that you could increase volume a bit more

maybe try 10 sets of 3 for some main lifts to get some strength
Well for instance when I do chest I will do incline/decline/regular, pec deck, and flys 3 sets of 8-10 each. I'm not looking for just strength, more muscle endurance.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
I am thinking a 4 day split like this:

day 1:
chest/neck/forearms/hand grip/abs

day 2:

day 3:
bi's/tri's/legs/abs

Taking days off when needed to rest. What do you guys think about the split?
Only thing I'm wondering is if it will take too long, lose motivation, lose energy or I will start to get muscle fatigue.

E

Enantato

Awards
Three day split
-Chest/Tris/Abs
-Back
-Legs
If you want a 4-day split then throw in a day for shoulders and make sure to beat on the read delts, they get neglected.
Also since you want to gain weight plus muscular endurance you probably want to keep your sets around 12 reps. Muscular endurance is achieved between 12-20 reps, hypertrophy between 7-12 reps. I would probably say you should do an endurance phase first, then move to a hypertrophy phase, but I'm guessing at this point you are probably just thinking hypertrophy....
I have a problem with dedicating whole day to arms, neck, forearms, etc (even if you are rehabbing the forearm). These are all tiny muscle groups that are worked enough when working back, chest, etc. If you deadlift, you are working legs, traps (neck), and serious forearms if you go heavy.
Are you getting physical therapy for the hand?

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
Three day split
-Chest/Tris/Abs
-Back
-Legs
If you want a 4-day split then throw in a day for shoulders and make sure to beat on the read delts, they get neglected.
Also since you want to gain weight plus muscular endurance you probably want to keep your sets around 12 reps. Muscular endurance is achieved between 12-20 reps, hypertrophy between 7-12 reps. I would probably say you should do an endurance phase first, then move to a hypertrophy phase, but I'm guessing at this point you are probably just thinking hypertrophy....
I have a problem with dedicating whole day to arms, neck, forearms, etc (even if you are rehabbing the forearm). These are all tiny muscle groups that are worked enough when working back, chest, etc. If you deadlift, you are working legs, traps (neck), and serious forearms if you go heavy.
Are you getting physical therapy for the hand?
Doing the physical therapy at home...My uncle is a physical therapist, so if I have problems he's a call away. I had a bennetts fracture, and along with that part of the joint of my thumb actually broke. So I had one pin through my thumb holding it in the joint and 2 pins through a broken joint piece holding that into place. It's not been a fun ride at all.....

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
My 2 cents

3 day split.

Day 1 - push (chest, tris, shoulders)
day 2 - pull (back, bi's, traps)
day 3 - legs (hams and quads) - you could even add core work on this day

It works simple. Just work out 3 days, take time off as needed and repeat.

If you wanted a 4th day split, do like enantato said and make shoulders your fourth day. If you do this, do not do them back to back with a press day (chest and tris) because if you bench your shoulder will be shot on shoulder day.

JMO

E

Enantato

Awards
Doing the physical therapy at home...My uncle is a physical therapist, so if I have problems he's a call away. I had a bennetts fracture, and along with that part of the joint of my thumb actually broke. So I had one pin through my thumb holding it in the joint and 2 pins through a broken joint piece holding that into place. It's not been a fun ride at all.....
Ya it's a pain trying to rehab atrophied muscles, can be discouraging. I would say start light, high reps (endurance), and progress according to your grip strength and how you feel.
Do you have full range of motion in your thumb/wrist?
Maybe get some of those stress squeezers to work the forearms at your leisure...

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
Ya it's a pain trying to rehab atrophied muscles, can be discouraging. I would say start light, high reps (endurance), and progress according to your grip strength and how you feel.
Do you have full range of motion in your thumb/wrist?
Maybe get some of those stress squeezers to work the forearms at your leisure...
I pretty much have full range of motion....but squeezing some things hurts...depends on how big the object is; and things pulling agianst of hand...like doing lat pull downs or barbell shrugs hurt real bad still.

God damn slow process of these bones all healing right.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am thinking a 4 day split like this:

day 1:
chest/neck/forearms/hand grip/abs

day 2:

day 3:
bi's/tri's/legs/abs

Taking days off when needed to rest. What do you guys think about the split?
Only thing I'm wondering is if it will take too long, lose motivation, lose energy or I will start to get muscle fatigue.

thats 3 days, not 4 :) When you are talking about a split, I do a 4 day split which is 4 days of work, and I do it once a week. if you are counting day 4 as an off day every time, you are doing a 3 day split in a 4 day rotation.

Overall I'd think it would be better as southerncharm suggested, or altering yours a bit. The part I primarily don't like in yours is that in effect you'll be hitting bis 2 days in a row, with back and 0 days off before bis. I think you definitely will need at least the 1 day off a week for rest, and overall 2 days off is usually better, even on cycle. It does seem like on both the chest + back day that you'll be in the gym a long time, and it will both get boring as well as start hitting fatigue potentially. Really depends on intensity as well as details. If you are only doing 1 or 2 sets each for neck/forearms/hand grip/abs then its not too terrible, but if you were planning on 3 sets for each, plus say 4 different chest exercises for 3 sets each you'll be in the gym way too long.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
My 2 cents

3 day split.

If you wanted a 4th day split, do like enantato said and make shoulders your fourth day. If you do this, do not do them back to back with a press day (chest and tris) because if you bench your shoulder will be shot on shoulder day.

JMO
If I took your approach would you suggest doing for example all the chest exercises first, then tri's, then shoulders? Or do one chest, tri, shoulder...till everything is done?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh dang, to add then with your thumb that way, definitely invest in a set of versagripps or at least hooks. I have thumb arthritis so pretty crappy grip strength, and exercising specifically to try and improve grip makes the pain worse :p you can read about versagripps here, they totally rock

http://www.versagripps.com/

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
thats 3 days, not 4 :) When you are talking about a split, I do a 4 day split which is 4 days of work, and I do it once a week. if you are counting day 4 as an off day every time, you are doing a 3 day split in a 4 day rotation.

Overall I'd think it would be better as southerncharm suggested, or altering yours a bit. The part I primarily don't like in yours is that in effect you'll be hitting bis 2 days in a row, with back and 0 days off before bis. I think you definitely will need at least the 1 day off a week for rest, and overall 2 days off is usually better, even on cycle. It does seem like on both the chest + back day that you'll be in the gym a long time, and it will both get boring as well as start hitting fatigue potentially. Really depends on intensity as well as details. If you are only doing 1 or 2 sets each for neck/forearms/hand grip/abs then its not too terrible, but if you were planning on 3 sets for each, plus say 4 different chest exercises for 3 sets each you'll be in the gym way too long.
Yea I was thinking the same thing. I do the neck, grip, forearm work because it definitely helps in my MMA training. And now since I broke my thumb, my grip is real jacked anyways....

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
Oh dang, to add then with your thumb that way, definitely invest in a set of versagripps or at least hooks. I have thumb arthritis so pretty crappy grip strength, and exercising specifically to try and improve grip makes the pain worse :p you can read about versagripps here, they totally rock

http://www.versagripps.com/
yea I was def thinking about getting some hooks, but I want my grip strength back! I had a super nasty ass grip and the hand I ****ed up was my stronger one. Do you feel those versa grips work better then straps or hooks? I have never used anything....

E

Enantato

Awards
Multi Joint exercises first, then single joint.
Multi joint (shoulder joint and elbow joint)- bench, incline bench, db presses, pushups, etc.
Do all multi joint exercises first, then move on to the single joint such as most "triceps" exercises (skullcrushers, pushdowns, KICKBACKS YAY!)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, the veragrips are nice because they can be spun around to the back of your hands, so you can quickly change back and forth from using them to not using them, and use them on both push and pull exercises. their downside is their cost, they are around $55-60 (I got the pro set) where you can get straps for seriously $2, or moderate hooks (good for 400lb pulls/deads) for under $20.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
well, the veragrips are nice because they can be spun around to the back of your hands, so you can quickly change back and forth from using them to not using them, and use them on both push and pull exercises. their downside is their cost, they are around $55-60 (I got the pro set) where you can get straps for seriously $2, or moderate hooks (good for 400lb pulls/deads) for under $20.
Price doesn't matter to me, it's if they work! lol

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, the versagrips rock then. I didn't care either about the cost. I got them for $45 on the last day of the olympia, as they were closing up their booth. What sold me was doing pullips with only my index finger wrapped around the overhead bar using them :D

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
yeah, the versagrips rock then. I didn't care either about the cost. I got them for $45 on the last day of the olympia, as they were closing up their booth. What sold me was doing pullips with only my index finger wrapped around the overhead bar using them :D
Nice can't complain about that then. I will have to do some searching see if I can find myself a deal.

E

Enantato

Awards
With regard to the versa grips- If you are going to use these, do so only while necessary. If you want to regain strength in your forearms then you want to make sure they are being worked just like the rest of your muscles.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
So I have compiled a list of exercises for each day/body part. Now I need some help organizing them into an order that makes sense. If I am missing an exercise feel free to let me know!

Day 1:
Chest
Bench Press
Incline Press
Cable Crossovers
Seated Press
Incline Fly's
Fly's

Tri's
Skullcrushers
Dips
Tricep Rope Extensions
Seated Single Dumbbell Triceps Extensions

Shoulders
Military Press
Seated Dumbell Press
Shrugs
Front Dumbbell Raises
Shoulder Press Machine

Day 2:
Back
Bent Over Rows
Pull Ups
One Arm Dumbbell Rows
Deadlifts
Lat Pull downs (regular/far grip)
T-Bar Rows
Back Extensions

Bi's
Dumbbell Curls
Hammer Curls
Concentration Curls
Incline Dumbbell Curls
Preacher Curls
Cable Curls

Day 3:
Legs
Squats
Calf Raises
Hamstring Curl Machine
Lunges
Leg Press
Leg Extensions

Forearms/Grip
Grip Machine
Reverse Curls
Behind The Back Curls
Dumbell Forearm Curls

Neck
Neckmachine

E

Enantato

Awards
Alright bro, here is what I have to say about this...
First of all, try out the workouts and see what you can handle. I know after a while off from lifting, I don't have the endurance to do 8 exercises on chest day, you know? So maybe add in more as you progress. If you are having trouble with muscle memory, and still have pain in the hand, then definitely start lighter than you are used to and focus on proper form, bilateral symmetry when performing the lifts, etc. I bet the arm that was injured is going to be a little behind depending on where you are in your recovery. THAT SAID, here is an outline IMO (assuming you a fresh off the injury)...
DAY 1 (in this order):
Bench Press (Progression: Smith Machine>Barbell>DumbBells)
Incline Press (Progression: Smith Machine>Barbell>DumbBells)
Shoulder Press (Progression: Machine>DumbBells)
*These would be considered your "core" exercises for this day, so every workout you will do these three plus a combination of the rest maybe like this...
Pushups
Dips
Front raises (using something easy to grip, maybe a plate)
Triceps Pushdowns

Try this out, see how you can handle this, add/subtract accordingly...

Day 2 (core exercises, debatable):
Deadlift (maybe throw this in day 3?)
BentOver Rows
PullUps
Lat PullDowns

Day 3 (core exercises):
Squats
Deadlifts
Lunges

Those are the main lifts, add in your choice of the others... Makes for more interesting workouts without neglecting the most important lifts.
I don't know, that's what I like to do...
Hope this helps.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
Alright bro, here is what I have to say about this...
First of all, try out the workouts and see what you can handle. I know after a while off from lifting, I don't have the endurance to do 8 exercises on chest day, you know? So maybe add in more as you progress. If you are having trouble with muscle memory, and still have pain in the hand, then definitely start lighter than you are used to and focus on proper form, bilateral symmetry when performing the lifts, etc. I bet the arm that was injured is going to be a little behind depending on where you are in your recovery. THAT SAID, here is an outline IMO (assuming you a fresh off the injury)...
DAY 1 (in this order):
Bench Press (Progression: Smith Machine>Barbell>DumbBells)
Incline Press (Progression: Smith Machine>Barbell>DumbBells)
Shoulder Press (Progression: Machine>DumbBells)
*These would be considered your "core" exercises for this day, so every workout you will do these three plus a combination of the rest maybe like this...
Pushups
Dips
Front raises (using something easy to grip, maybe a plate)
Triceps Pushdowns

Try this out, see how you can handle this, add/subtract accordingly...

Day 2 (core exercises, debatable):
Deadlift (maybe throw this in day 3?)
BentOver Rows
PullUps
Lat PullDowns

Day 3 (core exercises):
Squats
Deadlifts
Lunges

Those are the main lifts, add in your choice of the others... Makes for more interesting workouts without neglecting the most important lifts.
I don't know, that's what I like to do...
Hope this helps.
That actually helps out a lot. Thanks for the suggestions! I was plan on goign light, and doing what I can right now until I can do everything with my hand. Let muscle memory come back. Then do the cycle and this full workout plan. I still want to take it nice and easy on my hand because the surgery and pain involved was no joke and I'd rather not go through it again.

E

Enantato

Awards
I hear ya man, I have a plate and 4 screws in my hand and it was slow going getting it back in condition but now it feels like a vice-grip :) I can still feel the screws poking through when i go heavy on bench though.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
I hear ya man, I have a plate and 4 screws in my hand and it was slow going getting it back in condition but now it feels like a vice-grip :) I can still feel the screws poking through when i go heavy on bench though.
that sucks! I had 3 external pins. I broke my thumb and part of the joint. One pin went through my thumb holding it in place, and 2 pins went through a broken bone fragment that was part of my joint and held that into place.......Had those in for 8 weeks before the dr pulled them out with some pliers.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My 2 cents

3 day split.

JMO
I like this routine. I think this is what i will use next month.. Like the other dude said start with all your compound movements first.. this is what i would do on a chest, shoulders, tris

Incline BB
Flat DB flys
Military press
Weighted Dips
CGBP
DB laterals/Rear Laterals
Skullcrushers

Something like that.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
I like this routine. I think this is what i will use next month.. Like the other dude said start with all your compound movements first.. this is what i would do on a chest, shoulders, tris

Incline BB
Flat DB flys
Military press
Weighted Dips
CGBP
DB laterals/Rear Laterals
Skullcrushers

Something like that.
Thanks a lot. I like the split. I will be using it.