Tamoxifen questions? w/ 4ad pct?

greenside

Awards
I discovered this board about a month ago and it is great. This is my first post and I wanted to say hello. That being said, 2 questions:

1) I have seen alot of people using tamoxifen for pct. I was told in a pharmacology class that tamoxifen does not cross the blood brain barrier (BBB) and thus only blocks estrogen action peripherally. If this is the case then it would not reach the pituitary, would not block estrogen there, and would therefore have no effect on LH levels. Does tamoxifen indeed cross the BBB or am I missing something?

2) Assuming tamoxifen does cross the BBB and block estrogen receptors in the pituitary, what about adding some 4ad. I saw someone post they had seen 200% increase in test levels with tamoxifen only. If this is the case why not add low dose 4-ad and elevate your test levels while at the same time blocking it in the pituitary. This would give you normal test levels until your testes responded to the LH and got working again. Am I crazy? :D

Kristopher

Kristopher

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Adding 4ad would suppress natural test production, being an exogenous hormone.
other than that i dont know

I discovered this board about a month ago and it is great. This is my first post and I wanted to say hello. That being said, 2 questions:

1) I have seen alot of people using tamoxifen for pct. I was told in a pharmacology class that tamoxifen does not cross the blood brain barrier (BBB) and thus only blocks estrogen action peripherally. If this is the case then it would not reach the pituitary, would not block estrogen there, and would therefore have no effect on LH levels. Does tamoxifen indeed cross the BBB or am I missing something?

2) Assuming tamoxifen does cross the BBB and block estrogen receptors in the pituitary, what about adding some 4ad. I saw someone post they had seen 200% increase in test levels with tamoxifen only. If this is the case why not add low dose 4-ad and elevate your test levels while at the same time blocking it in the pituitary. This would give you normal test levels until your testes responded to the LH and got working again. Am I crazy? :D

greenside

Awards
Adding 4ad would suppress natural test production, being an exogenous hormone.
other than that i dont know
I may be wrong but I was under the impression that tamoxifen was of pct value because it is an estrogen antagonist in the pituitary (assuming it crosses the BBB). I am not positive here but from what I have read estrogen actually binds the testosterone receptor in the pituitary of males, decreasing LH. If this is the case and someone increseased their test levels 200% simply by taking tamoxifen then it is binding and blocking the tesosterone receptor in the pituatary. Estrogen and testosterone feedback negatively on LH release but tamoxifen would block this allowing you to make LH. 4ad--->test--->estrogen. So we load up on tamoxifen and add low dose 4-ad. Unless 4-ad binds a different receptor and shutsdown LH this would work because converted test and estrogen are blocked. Or this is very wishful thinking.