Dosing for HCG

FrTimothy

FrTimothy

Awards
I know I should search but I don't have a spare minute...if anyone could help me out....greatly appreciated.

What is typical dosing for HCG during a cycle and recommended PCT?

ruffneck

ruffneck

Awards
I like to use it at 500iu twice a week through out and 1500iu three times a week for two weeks before I start PCT.

It doesn't take that long to do a search......

FrTimothy

FrTimothy

Awards
thanks, and sorry for not searching...I had to type and go

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
you cant do a search for hcg, the search term is too short

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
isnt 1500iu 3x/wk, the last couple of weeks too close together ? , i dont know myself because id like to do that next cycle it sounds good , right now im doin it after cycle it sux. gotta chase the nads all over the state. lol!

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
250iu twice weekly throughout

Billy the kid

Board Supporter
Awards
300-500ius every 4-5 days throughout a cycle will do the trick.

size

Awards
  • Established
Swale's PCT protocol (Swale is a doctor)

I've been getting quite a few emails from guys wanting individualized advice on their cycles. In the first place, I cannot design cycles, nor do I prescribe steroids (just ancillary medications). That would be a violation of my Oath as a physician, and DEA law to boot. Also, obviously I cannot afford to give away free Consultations. So, I'll post my PCT Protocols here, for anyone who may choose to use them.

Here it is:

I advise my AAS patients to use small amounts of HCG (250IU to 500IU) two days each week, right from the beginning of the cycle. This serves to maintain testicular form and function. It makes more sense to me to keep the horse in the barn, so to speak, then to have to chase it across three counties later on. I am also a big fan of maintaining estrogen within physiological ranges. Both therapies have been shown to hasten recovery.

Any more than 500IU of HCG per day causes too much aromatase activity. Some feel aromatase is actually toxic to the Leydig cells of the testes. You are then inducing primary hypogonadism (which is permanent) while treating steroid-induced secondary (hypogonadotrophic) hypogonadism (which is temporary--hopefully).

If 250IU or 500IU on two days each week isn?t enough to stave off testicular atrophy, then I recommend using it more days each week (as opposed to taking larger doses). In fact, I wouldn?t mind having a guy use 250IU per day ALL THROUGH the cycle. Those that have tell me they thus avoid that edgy, burned-out feeling they usually get. They also say they simply feel better each day. Subjective reports, to be sure, but they are hard not to appreciate. Especially when HCG is so inexpensive.

The testes are then ready, willing and able to again produce testosterone at the end of the cycle. LH levels rise fairly rapidly, but endogenous testosterone production is limited by lack of use. I also want to make sure a SERM, such as Clomid or Nolvadex, is at effective serum dosage (around 100mg QD for Clomid, 20-40mg QD for Nolvadex) when serum androgen levels drop to a concentration roughly equal to 200mg of testosterone per week. That is when androgenic inhibition at the HP no longer dominates over estrogenic antagonism with respect to inducing LH production. Of course, if the fellow has been doing Clomid or Nolvadex all along the way (and I now prefer Nolvadex over Clomid, due to the possibility of negative sides from the Clomid), he is all set to simply continue it at the end (no need to switch from one to the other). BTW, I see no evidence of any benefit in using BOTH SERM?s at the same time. I used to think a couple of weeks of the SERM was enough; now I like to see an entire month after the last shot of AAS (and migration of long to short esters as the cycle matures). Tapering the SERM is probably a good idea during the last week, as well.

I want my patients to stop taking HCG within a week after the end of the cycle. The testosterone production it induces will further inhibit recovery, as will using Androgel, or any other testosterone preparation, while in recovery. There is no escaping this, as there is no such thing as a ?bridge?. Just because you are not inhibiting the HPTA for the entire 24 hours does not mean you are not suppressing it at all. IOW, you can?t ?fool? the body?it is smarter than you are.

I like Arimidex during the cycle (in fact, consider use of an AI while taking aromatisables a necessity) but it ABSOLUTELY should not be used post cycle (even though it has been shown to increase LH production) because the risk of driving estrogen too low, and therefore further damaging an already compromised Lipid Profile, is too great (this also drives libido back into the ground?and we don?t want that, do we?).

All this is meant to get my guys through recovery as fast as possible (the real goal, yes?). So far, all of them who have tried it have reported they are recovering faster than when they have tried other protocols.

Thought this would shed a little light on all the HCG questions during cycle.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Good Post size.. I was just looking for that one to post....

Billy the kid

Board Supporter
Awards
There are so many opinions on this subject.

Can we assume that swales protocol is the best?
He is the doctor, right?

However HCG has a short 24-36 hour half life. Would his protocol cause a rollercoaster ride for your testicles?
Would it be better to keep a small level circulating constantly with eod injections?

Description: Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) is a gonad-stimulating polypeptide hormone secreted by the placenta. It is obtained from the urine of pregnant women. The pharmacologic actions of HCG are similar to those of luteinizing hormone (LH) and is generally used as a substitute for LH. Human chorionic gonadotropin has been used to treat prepubertal cryptorchidism and hypogonadotropic hypogonadism in males, and in combination with menotropins or clomiphene to treat infertility in both males and females. Human chorionic gonadotropin was approved by the FDA in 1939.

Mechanism of Action: In females, human chorionic gonadotropin has actions essentially identical to those of luteinizing hormone (LH), however, HCG appears to have additional, though minimal, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) activity. The mechanism of action appears to be the same as for LH. By administering HCG after menotropins or clomiphene, the normal LH surge that precedes ovulation can be mimicked, thereby producing ovulation. Human chorionic gonadotropin also promotes the development and maintenance of the corpus luteum as well as stimulates ovarian cells to produce progesterone.

In males, HCG stimulates testosterone production in the Leydig cells and spermatogenesis in the seminiferous tubules. Stimulation of androgen production by HCG causes development of secondary sex characteristics in males with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and stimulation of testicular descent in patients with prepubertal cryptorchidism not due to anatomical obstruction. Testicular descent is usually reversible after discontinuance of HCG therapy. Once initiated, it takes 70-80 days for germ cells to reach the spermatozoal stage.

Human chorionic gonadotropin has no known effects on appetite, or on mobilization or distribution of body fat.

Pharmacokinetics: Similar to other polypeptides, gonadotropins are almost completely degraded in the gastrointestinal tract; therefore, IM administration is required. Human chorionic gonadotropin primarily distributes into the testes and the ovaries. Serum concentrations of HCG are detectable after 2 hours. Peak concentrations are attained within 6 hours and persist for roughly 36 hours. The metabolic fate of HCG has not been elucidated. The terminal half-life is approximately 23 hours. After a single IM injection, approximately 10-12% of the dose is excreted unchanged in the urine within 24 hours and can be detected for up to 3-4 days

BeyondGenetics

Awards
Def. no need for a high dosage throughout. Make sure u also take clomid or nolva if u're running it throughout. I had a friend who ran HCG alone too soon AFTER finishing a heavy cycle and got bitch tits. Don't think that a small HCG dose throughout the cycle wont elevate ur test levels too high. it's an effective drug, even at 500iu.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
Are you suggesting that hcg caused gyno?? Cuz I don't think the HCG was what caused gyno with your friend. It was prolly the lack of forethought to use an anti-e at the end of his heavy cycle (when test levels is nil and estro levels way high) that caused it.

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
That may be, but anyone who does not plan for a proper PCT after a heavy gear cycle is asking for gyno - HCG or not.