Amps

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
How do you get yours open? Do filter needles really get all the glass out?

Sorry, never pinned and have been reading and reading and watching videos and everyone has a different method

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
icon0561

icon0561

Awards
I only used them my first cycle and scored them with a key and cracked them open in a paper towel. Not something I would recommend, but it works.

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
Score your amps with a nail file half way around the neck of the amp. Pop it off with a bic pen cap,easy. Some amps like the abu's from Iran have a dot on the neck.Just push on that side and it'll pop.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Score your amps with a nail file half way around the neck of the amp. Pop it off with a bic pen cap,easy. Some amps like the abu's from Iran have a dot on the neck.Just push on that side and it'll pop.
yes mine have the dot. Good to know bro thanks.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
amp openers have a glass cutter on the inside. score the "neck" of the amp a couple of times...then while the amp opener is on the amp just crack it off.........usually the glass particles are waaaaaay too big to go up the needle

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
I take a knife and cut back and forth lightly where that dot is.
I do it until I can see a fine line on there. Then I take a half sheet of a paper towel, wrap it around the top and pull against the line I just made. Pop's right off, clean.

I've never had any glass issues.
Just made sure your needles doesn't touch the sides at the top.

Amps are a pain though...

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
amp openers have a glass cutter on the inside. score the "neck" of the amp a couple of times...then while the amp opener is on the amp just crack it off.........usually the glass particles are waaaaaay too big to go up the needle
But, whats wrong with just using an amp opener?

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Ok good to know. You ever use a filter needle??

I take a knife and cut back and forth lightly where that dot is.
I do it until I can see a fine line on there. Then I take a half sheet of a paper towel, wrap it around the top and pull against the line I just made. Pop's right off, clean.

I've never had any glass issues.
Just made sure your needles doesn't touch the sides at the top.

Amps are a pain though...

Lol they might be a pain but its Pharm grade stuff so i wont complain lol

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
But, whats wrong with just using an amp opener?
thats what i said, the amp opener i have has a glass cutter on the inside.....just squeeze and turn to file the glass.....then "POP"....its easy

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps I will invest in one if they are cheap, and see if that works better than popping it open with a knife manually. trial and error

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps I will invest in one if they are cheap, and see if that works better than popping it open with a knife manually. trial and error
or if u have a razorblade...just score around the neck a couple of times then pop it off ....i would say hold it in ur hand and use ur thumb to pop it off, but i did that once and i crushed the amp in my hand haha.

best thing to do it score it, wrap a towel around where ur going to hold it, then pop it off....the towel should help prevent u from crushing it

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
damn now i wanna go pop one open but i must wait :eek:

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
use the paper towels for sure, first 2 amps i opened i bled all over. look like a murder scene in my bedroom.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I read on another forum that you can turn the amp upside down while it is open and the oil will stay inside the amp due to pressure, leaving you with an easy withdrawal. Is this true?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
not mine, itd just pour out. its not hard to suck up the oil anyways

icon0561

icon0561

Awards
I read on another forum that you can turn the amp upside down while it is open and the oil will stay inside the amp due to pressure, leaving you with an easy withdrawal. Is this true?
Never tried that but if it did hold then I would think that sticking the needle into the oil would break the surface tension and then it would all come out.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
thanks for everyones input

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
I used mu thumb and a towel just do it at an angle and do it quick some like to soak towels so it pics up the lil shards but i never had this problem

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Never tried that but if it did hold then I would think that sticking the needle into the oil would break the surface tension and then it would all come out.
This nurse said he had done 1000s of amps like that.

Balance

Balance

Awards
Strangely it doesn't pour out, I have to use them sometimes at work. I still hate the idea of amps tho- too much work and glass in your muscle can lead to a mean abscess. Found this youtube vid that shows how it doesn't pour out, fast forward to like 3:10
Strangely it doesn't pour out, I have to use them sometimes at work. I still hate the idea of amps tho too much work and glass in your muscle can lead to a mean abscess. Found this youtube vid that shows how it doesn't pour out, fast forward to like 3:10
youtube.com/watch?v=rMrJ4MKpHRw

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Strangely it doesn't pour out, I have to use them sometimes at work. I still hate the idea of amps tho- too much work and glass in your muscle can lead to a mean abscess. Found this youtube vid that shows how it doesn't pour out, fast forward to like 3:10
Strangely it doesn't pour out, I have to use them sometimes at work. I still hate the idea of amps tho too much work and glass in your muscle can lead to a mean abscess. Found this youtube vid that shows how it doesn't pour out, fast forward to like 3:10
youtube.com/watch?v=rMrJ4MKpHRw
When you drawin with a 25g, you wont pull no glass in syringe lol..

Balance

Balance

Awards
I know nothing big will get in there, but the powder when glass breaks can be pretty fine... yes I am paranoid haha