IBE Sponsored AE taking it to the (Proto)Max

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome to the next installment folks. Let me start by giving a big thanks to Roadblock, AK and all the fine folks at IBE. I greatly appreciate this opportunity as I had been looking to get back into the PH world, and this was a wonderful chance with a very interesting compound.

This log will be starting on 7/31. The reason for the slight delay is that my summer job (I am a teacher) is over this Friday :woohoo: and then I am off to an all inclusive resort just south of Cancun. I will be returning next Friday 7/30, most likely a tad chunkier ;). With that said, my diet will be quite strict and somewhat restricted, as I look to lose what I will gain while in Mexico.

Here is what my current split looks like. It is different than most, as my over 2 decades of experimentation and experience have shown me what seems to work for me personally. So I do not necessarily recommend this for anyone else. It has a powerlifting base (as I will be competing again in November)

Monday: Back Width/Bis
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: Shoulders/Traps
Thursday: Chest/Tris
Friday: Back thickness (deads are focused)
Saturday: Legs
Sunday: Chest/Tris

Also, 7 days a week I run on an empty stomach every morning. During the school year I am up at 4am to get an early start, during the summer however I give myself a 1 hour window and get up at 5. I do all my lifting and running at home (see the pics below)

Support Supps
Mycogreens
Orange Triad (never without it)
Krillipid Balance
Truitein
Nutrapro

I have attached pictures of what has become known as "The Sweat Gym". It is no doubt my favorite part of my house, as during the school year my 7.5 year old daughter comes down when she gets home and does her homework while I lift. It is one of the reasons I made this spot at home.

Ok people.....be back soon

Attachments

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
reserved for before and after pics a well as final review

Taken 7/21/10 9am 206lbs

Ok, so it is 9/4/2010 and here is the summary of the log.

My weight is 207lbs. Up 1lbs from the start of the log, which is not what I expected out of this to be honest.

Positives:
Slight recomp effect. I do look a tad leaner than I did prior
Muscle hardness even at a state of relaxtion, my muscles seemed denser
Vascularity increased from an early stage, which I always was happy to see

Negatives:
No strength gains whatsoever none of my lifts saw any gains, everything over the last 5 weeks stayed entirely stagnant
1lbs weight gain not nearly what I expected. I do realize that proto is very mild, however, I expected something more along the lines of 1andro, which I saw more significant gains

Overall, it is tough for me to grade this. The major reasons for me to make a run at a ph/ds once a year is for strength and weight, and since I had neither, this would be an overall subpar review. However, its mild, so for someone looking to give a ph/ds a shot for the first time, this might be a very easy transition one to use.

Once again though, I thank IBE and their reps for giving me an opportunity to be open and honest here about their new product.

Attachments

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I cant help but sub have fun in Mexico.

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
sub. you have to love home gyms a lot less hassel

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
I'm subbed and completely jealous of your home gym. One day....

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
very nice! Thanks for getting your log up! Looking forward to when you start Proto-Max!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks everyone.

The gym is my little sanctuary, the best room in my house. Music goes on and the door closes, just awesome

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Happy someone with a powerlifting background is running this, I'm really interested to see how this affects your strength.

Are you recomping here? Dosing?

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for sure AE, enjoy Mexico!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed. Happy someone with a powerlifting background is running this, I'm really interested to see how this affects your strength.

Are you recomping here? Dosing?
Looking at a recomp. I am currently 206 and am competing at 198 so I am curious what this will do. As far as dozing, 1x am and 1x pm. I am hoping to see some nice do growth as that is an area for me that drives me loony. One week I hit 480 easy, then the next I strugle at 450

EArch

Awards
  • Established
What will your dosing scheme be like? I did not see it laid out.

Have fun on your trip, and good luck on the cycle when you get back!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking at a recomp. I am currently 206 and am competing at 198 so I am curious what this will do. As far as dosing, 1x am and 1x pm. I am hoping to see some nice do growth as that is an area for me that drives me loony. One week I hit 480 easy, then the next I strugle at 450
What will your dosing scheme be like? I did not see it laid out.

Have fun on your trip, and good luck on the cycle when you get back!
Here you go. Good to have you following along

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Just FYI: Pat Arnold's guinea pig was running 100 mg/day, and most logs seem to think the compound needs dosing around that level, or at least 75 mgs/day.

How long do you plan to run it? And if a reasonable amount of time has passed with less than expected results, will you be willing to up the dose?

bowskie69

bowskie69

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In!
Just FYI: Pat Arnold's guinea pig was running 100 mg/day, and most logs seem to think the compound needs dosing around that level, or at least 75 mgs/day.

How long do you plan to run it? And if a reasonable amount of time has passed with less than expected results, will you be willing to up the dose?
What were his stats?

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
^^^ I have no idea, but I'd imagine he wasn't small.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome to the next installment folks. Let me start by giving a big thanks to Roadblock, AK and all the fine folks at IBE. I greatly appreciate this opportunity as I had been looking to get back into the PH world, and this was a wonderful chance with a very interesting compound.

This log will be starting on 7/31. The reason for the slight delay is that my summer job (I am a teacher) is over this Friday :woohoo: and then I am off to an all inclusive resort just south of Cancun. I will be returning next Friday 7/30, most likely a tad chunkier ;). With that said, my diet will be quite strict and somewhat restricted, as I look to lose what I will gain while in Mexico.

Here is what my current split looks like. It is different than most, as my over 2 decades of experimentation and experience have shown me what seems to work for me personally. So I do not necessarily recommend this for anyone else. It has a powerlifting base (as I will be competing again in November)

Monday: Back Width/Bis
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: Shoulders/Traps
Thursday: Chest/Tris
Friday: Back thickness (deads are focused)
Saturday: Legs
Sunday: Chest/Tris

Also, 7 days a week I run on an empty stomach every morning. During the school year I am up at 4am to get an early start, during the summer however I give myself a 1 hour window and get up at 5. I do all my lifting and running at home (see the pics below)

Support Supps
Mycogreens
Orange Triad (never without it)
Krillipid Balance
Truitein
Nutrapro

I have attached pictures of what has become known as "The Sweat Gym". It is no doubt my favorite part of my house, as during the school year my 7.5 year old daughter comes down when she gets home and does her homework while I lift. It is one of the reasons I made this spot at home.

Ok people.....be back soon
Andale Manito!!!!!
I`m In my Friend!!!!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

My thought was 30 days at the recommended dose. However, if I see little results, I will most certainly up it, and maybe buy one on my own (if I like it) to extend it a bit.
Andale Manito!!!!!
I`m In my Friend!!!!
glad to have you in my friend

dbl38

Awards
  • Established
My thought was 30 days at the recommended dose. However, if I see little results, I will most certainly up it, and maybe buy one on my own (if I like it) to extend it a bit.

glad to have you in my friend
My thoughts exactly, to see how it hits the other logs. The time frame would allow for another bottle for a higher dose of 75 for 3 weeks to get the most out of the cycle. AE I know you have experience with similar compounds and when you look at first time uses as with most of the Protodrol logs its hard to get a true feel for what something is going to do.
Mexico frick I'm taking my time off from the school system to paint the inside of my house!!! Summer vacation gotta love it!!!
Got any time frame on the Betamax release?

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
subd brother i always enjoy ur logs.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks flight......glad to have you aboard. The fun starts 7-31 :)

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Count me in !

I'm also pretty jealous of the set-up you have at home.. I'm definitely getting a bench and a few sets of dumbbells sometime soon for days I can't make it to the gym.

...might also buy the Tower 200 :ntome: haha ..looks fun !

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
subbed...ur home gym looks epic...thanks for the pics

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for following my friend. Just got the ironmaster DBS about a month ago. They are awsome and easy tochange.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
have you noticed anything different since running mycogreens? how long have you been on it?

i ordered like 6 bottles of OT...can't wait to give it a go here soon. staple multi right now is MVP 365.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what kind of endruance/pumps u getting from the protomax?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it isnt methylated is it?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
have you noticed anything different since running mycogreens? how long have you been on it?

i ordered like 6 bottles of OT...can't wait to give it a go here soon. staple multi right now is MVP 365.
for me, MG and OT have been staples. I feel great, never get sick and (not sure if related) but very little soarness (mycogreens).

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm battling a nasty bug right now..ugh..still killing it in the gym tho

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Always gotta kill it. I got 2 workouts left prior to trip, so rest assured I will limp onto the plane

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok guys. I will be saying goodbye for now. Dont think I willhave time to get back on today as we are heading to a hotel by the airport later. I will be back late on 7-30.

So you all in a week :thumbsup:

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok guys. I will be saying goodbye for now. Dont think I willhave time to get back on today as we are heading to a hotel by the airport later. I will be back late on 7-30.

Have fun and enjoy ur vacation.

bowskie69

bowskie69

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Have a fun and safe trip brother!

Glockz

Glockz

Awards
Have a good vacation....I'm in for this when you return.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am back!!!!! First let me just say, that the Playacar area in the Yucatan is a little paradise.

Also, Chichen Itza is worth the 3 hours bus ride each way, and if you ever have the chance, you gotta get to it.

So....to the matter at hand, starting first thing tomorrow. Gotta get back to my routine, this week off killed me as did the buffets :)

Will run and start with leg day tomorrow

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
nice dude, glad u had a well deserved vacation.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you my friend. Actually about t hit the treadmill in a few. Will be back later today with a full update on the days lifting

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did my normal cardio, which I wont update everyday

45 minutes 12% incline (highest for my treadmill) at 3.5-4.0mph

Took my first dose with my Trutein and Krill. It starts...........

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Caught this at the right time. Now that your batteries are recharged let's see "P-MAX" do it's thing!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good to have you along AZ, looking forward to this one.

Here is how legs went (for my first day back, I killed it)

Warmup
Treadmill 25minute brisk walk 4mph

Back box squats (11 sets) 315lbs 5 reps sets @ 275lbs 8-10 reps
Zercher Squats (8 sets) 405lbs 2 reps
Standing calf raises (7 sets) 275lbs 10 reps per

Thoughts:
Nothing to note in terms of strength or anything. Obviously, first day there shouldnt be too much to report. Since I hadnt lifted in a week I was very anxious to get rolling and really do some damage. It hurt to walk up the steps, so I know I did it right :)

Tomorrow is chest and tris, with a focus on competition reps for flat bench.