I just read this article on BB would it also apply to Pro Hormones/Pro Steroids?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.98%

Post I just read this article on BB would it also apply to Pro Hormones/Pro Steroids?

I just read this article on BB would it also apply to Pro Hormones/Pro Steroids?

"The best thing that steroids can do is help those who use them to recover from their workout much faster than a natural bodybuilder. When natural bodybuilders need at least 48 hours rest before they train again in order to continue increasing their muscle bodymass, steroid users need just a few hours!

When most of us should not train more than 3-4 times per week, and every time we train we should not spend more than 1 hour in the gym, people that use steroids can easily train 6 times per week, splitting their sessions in morning and afternoon training, as well as they are able to spend easily 2 hours in the gym, getting stronger and bigger, week after week. (That's something that would make any natural bodybuilder get overtrained in no time!)"

Article By: John Stamatopoulos

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.58%

I remember that article...it's BS - a few hours to recover? Sounds like negative propaganda you'd hear from the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriots

"The best thing that steroids can do is help those who use them to recover from their workout much faster than a natural bodybuilder. When natural bodybuilders need at least 48 hours rest before they train again in order to continue increasing their muscle bodymass, steroid users need just a few hours!

When most of us should not train more than 3-4 times per week, and every time we train we should not spend more than 1 hour in the gym, people that use steroids can easily train 6 times per week, splitting their sessions in morning and afternoon training, as well as they are able to spend easily 2 hours in the gym, getting stronger and bigger, week after week. (That's something that would make any natural bodybuilder get overtrained in no time!)"

Article By: John Stamatopoulos
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.32%

There is some improvement in recovery time and increase in muscle synthesis of course. It is nowhere near as much as cited in the article. IMO, diet, training, and rest account for 90-95% of your permanent progress.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.98%

Interesting.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  290 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.77%

ROID RAGE

simply just another myth...
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.08%

Quote Originally Posted by Cogar
    There is some improvement in recovery time and increase in muscle synthesis of course. It is nowhere near as much as cited in the article. IMO, diet, training, and rest account for 90-95% of your permanent progress.
    Exactly....how many people have you known/heard of do an AAS cycle and barely gain, due to poor diet.
  7. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Actually I have read some old east german training techniques where they said the muscle fibers were recovered enough after 4-5 hours. They would train each bodypart twice a day. I don't remember what they were taking. I do not recommend this but the east germans were the leaders in powerlifting for many years. So they must have been on to something.
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.89%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dg806
    Actually I have read some old east german training techniques where they said the muscle fibers were recovered enough after 4-5 hours. They would train each bodypart twice a day. I don't remember what they were taking. I do not recommend this but the east germans were the leaders in powerlifting for many years. So they must have been on to something.
    I think the E.Germans/Bulgarians/Hungarians whoever were just covering up the fact that they were carrying out secret government sanctioned steroid programs - which they were.

Similar Forum Threads

1. ALL HARDGAINERS! Read this article!
    By diegone in forum Bulking
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 11:20 PM
  2. Hows this article from BB on Pro BBers and Prostitution
    By pistonpump in forum General Chat
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 07:53 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 03:20 PM
  4. Found this article on "How to use DNP"