PCT calories

kkmike

Awards
I've read numerous times here that it's important to keep calories up and not try to cut during pct. What is the reason behind this? I just started pct after 6 weeks 1-AD & 4-AD (900mg/day each). Yeah it's kind of expensive, but it works for me. I am keeping my calories up, but I hope to eventually cut up a bit. I feel like Mike Quinn looked after he did the high fat Pasquale diet.
This was a good cycle, I'm happy with strength & size gains. My bench went from 5 reps at my usual heaviest to 9 reps. Squat went from 5 reps @ 315 (5 on a good day) to 7 solid reps for 5 sets - full squats.....playing pick up sticks with my butt cheeks, not the 1/4 squat you see some guys doing loading up 405). Anyway, very happy and no sides - other than pissing fire some days, and the occasional cramping; nothing hurts more than sneezing and your lower abs lock up. Last time (this is only my 2nd time doing PH cycle) I only followed up with 6-OXO and lost most gains. I have Nolva this time and am eating well, hoping this time it will stick.

Mike

cpa5oh

Awards
  • Established
I've read numerous times here that it's important to keep calories up and not try to cut during pct. What is the reason behind this?

Mike
To me it's pretty obvious what the reason is...you're trying to keep your gains as you're trying to bring your natural test production back up to speed. Cutting calories/protein runs contrary to building or keeping mass as does having low test levels. To cut calories while test levels are low would be catabolic...and you didn't pay for/go through using something to have it vanish two weeks later.

I'm no expert but it doesn't seem to me that this question requires and expert answer.