Recomp UNREAL Style

eballarj

Awards
  • Established
So, I'm planning a recomp. I'm mostly looking for cuts, but obviously both, maybe like a 60:40 ratio, haha.

I've been studying Unreal's article on recomping:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/154753-but-i-want.html

I'm thinking of doing something like the following, and am hoping to get some opinions:

6 week m-drol pulse @ 20mg 3x/week with DC training

AM fasted cardio on non-lifting days (low-intensity), DC training M/W/F or T/Th/Sat (should i include cardio post-workout too?)

I am 5'5", and have just cut from ~183lbs to ~176lbs, but lost more mass than i expected. I'm hoping to correct that with the pulse, and the following diet:

2700-2800 calories on lifting days (min. 200g protein, and minimal/moderate carbs outside of pre/post WO)

2400-2500 calories on non-lifting days (min. 200g protein with minimal-ish carbs)

any critiques or opinions would be greatly appreciated! word.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
if you are already doing cardio 4x a week then i don't think you need to include it post-WO, if you were to, it would be more like 10 minute cooldown cardio than anything intense.

With the calories I would do even more protein. Think about this if you are hitting 2500 cals on non-lifting dyas with "minimal carbs" but only 200g of protein, then you are talking about 1700 cals from fat and carbs which is too much. More protein.

I think it looks good overall. Consider going to 30mg of Mdrol, at least on the later weeks... 20 pre and 10 post... pulsing is supposed to be a high dose, even at 30mg this is only barely more caps/week than doing 10mg everyday. But hey if 20mg is working great then nevermind. But the more anabolic power you've got in there, the more you can jack up cardio or drop cals in order to cut fat faster (or conversely add muscle better since you're doing both).

eballarj

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply, unreal. I appreciate your advice! I'm excited to get started. Hopefully PCT goes well

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you know, I used 10mg e/d of sd as a start of a recomp for 4 weeks and thought it was great.

I didn't realy feel the need to bump it up, though I wanted to.

eballarj

Awards
  • Established
you know, I used 10mg e/d of sd as a start of a recomp for 4 weeks and thought it was great.

I didn't realy feel the need to bump it up, though I wanted to.
I like 10mg cycles of sd too actually. I don't need much for it to work really. But in this case, I will be pulsing only 3 days per week, so I think 20 will be a good start. 30 if necessary.

eballarj

Awards
  • Established
I've been working out really late in the evening lately. I have a lot going on (moving, law school, etc) and can only get in around 8-9...and go to bed around 1am. Do you still think it is a good idea to take 20 pre and 10 post if my workout ends only 3 hours before I sleep? Or maybe I should spread the dosage out more if I know ill be workout out late?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've been working out really late in the evening lately. I have a lot going on (moving, law school, etc) and can only get in around 8-9...and go to bed around 1am. Do you still think it is a good idea to take 20 pre and 10 post if my workout ends only 3 hours before I sleep? Or maybe I should spread the dosage out more if I know ill be workout out late?
hmmm that's tough i think pulsing works best in the morning so it's mostly gone by the next morning but it's a small matter... not sure how you should dose them... I think with a pulse one thing you want is to minimize the levels that are around the next day soooo you should spread the dose out over the day more so as to bias the concentration towards the middle of the day moreso than later so I would probably do something weird like 1 in the am, 1 in the early afternoon and the last one about an hour pre-WO. Not usual but i dunno how to approach this...
Good news is in the long run it hardly matters exactly how you take them, it's all based on loose ideas and theory anyway.