First Cycle

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.5%

First Cycle

Ok guys, ive been a lurker here for quite some time, and finaly decided to jump in and try my first cycle

ok stats

6'3 272 (unknown BF% but its on the higher side)
    I work out pretty regularly 3-4 times a week.

here is my idea

3-4 weeks of
    M-1test 10 mg
    4-AD (oral) 600 mg

Pick up the workouts, medium weight, lots of reps (looking more to build lean muscle mass/cut)

Diet
    around 2500 cal pr day
    mostly protien, moderate carb, moderate fat. 4-5 meals pr day

looking to use Clen and Nolva for PCT

Any ideas?
    Also should i consider more of each due to my large size?

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%

Dude, you need way more than 600mg 4AD if you're going oral. It has very low bioavailability in that form. Transdermal is the way to go.

Also, for a first cycle, many recommend against M1T. At 272, though, 10mg is a safe starter dosage.

2500 cals seems too low for someone weighing 272 and taking an androgen.

Lastly, you should add liver protection and other ancillaries b/c M1T is some stong shiznit.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Brodus
    Dude, you need way more than 600mg 4AD if you're going oral. It has very low bioavailability in that form. Transdermal is the way to go.

Also, for a first cycle, many recommend against M1T. At 272, though, 10mg is a safe starter dosage.

2500 cals seems too low for someone weighing 272 and taking an androgen.

Lastly, you should add liver protection and other ancillaries b/c M1T is some stong shiznit.
    yea ive got Milk Thistle extract and the like for the liver support im trying to put together a list of other suppliments i should have.

Im also using a Flaxoil soft gel and Taurine, with a solid multivitamin

Calories, well this is where i get lost, i was looking between 2500-3000 as a target, how high should my caloric intake be?

also i agree transdermal is the way to go, but due to convinience issues i decided to go with the oral. If 600 is too low how high should i go? 900 or 1200?

thanks
    Anthony

PS any other suppliments you guys can offer advice on adding to this cycle would be greatly appreciated
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.84%

I would also suggest going with a transdermal, much more bang for your buck. If you must take the 4-ad orally I believe I have heard that you need at least 1 gram a day, but dont quote me on that.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.5%

any one else have an idea how much 4-ad i need to take orally?
    Also any other suppliments i should add to my diet to help with sides or to help increase gains?

thanks
  6. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%

Yes, 1 gram orally per day. Your body just destroys the stuff in the digestive tract.

The worst side I got from M1T was back cramps; when running, they got really bad. A good supplement to add to alleviate some of the cramping possibilities is Taurine. I took about 3-5 grams per day in gatorade (got bulk powder cheaply from 1fast400). Looks like you're taking this already. That and eat a lot of bananas and drink orange juice to boost potassium levels naturally.

Only other advice is keep your calories up-->I really don't think 2500 or even 3000 is nearly enough for someone who weighs 272. I weigh 200 and my maintenance cals are around 2500. I can't give you a number-->you have to figure it out for yourself, based on trial and error, metabolic factors, etc. I would spend some time on this forum or one of the many others and get this down. This is the deciding factor as to how much you will gain on cycle, so it's essential to have it together. Just to give you an idea, guys your size routinely go 4000+ on cycle.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.66%

IMO this is a bad first cycle.

1. You should not be using M 1-T for a first cycle.
    2. You should not use 4-AD as an oral.

I am surprised that "a lurker here for quite some time" would make such choices. Please do yourself a favor and try something like a 1-T/4-AD transdermal.
  8. Superman
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

If you were to use a transdermal 1t/4ad for your first cycle you should see great gains...you can save the m1t for another cycle.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Cogar
    IMO this is a bad first cycle.

1. You should not be using M 1-T for a first cycle.
    2. You should not use 4-AD as an oral.

I am surprised that "a lurker here for quite some time" would make such choices. Please do yourself a favor and try something like a 1-T/4-AD transdermal.
    the decision to use 4-AD oral is very simple, convinence, i dont find the transdermals to be convienet what so ever, the oral meathod will work much better for me. (atleast for this cycle)

Agreed the M 1-t 4-ad oral would not normally be a good choice however i have researched my other options and have made the decision on what i feel is best for me.

now again i appreciate the feed back, and i understand the reasons for the comments that have been made, but the question im asking is for the cycle stated above what else should i add? and are my doses inline if i were to go with a M 1-t @ 10mg, and the 4-AD @ 900-1200 pr day?

thanks again guys
  10. Superman
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I would definitely keep the m1t at 10mg ato start and adjust as needed..and the 4ad at least a gram oral...I would also add r-ala and supps for your liver and make sure your diet is in check and training also. And you pct of nolva and clen sounds good.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.99%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 94SupraTT
    now again i appreciate the feed back, and i understand the reasons for the comments that have been made, but the question im asking is for the cycle stated above what else should i add? and are my doses inline if i were to go with a M 1-t @ 10mg, and the 4-AD @ 900-1200 pr day?

thanks again guys
    Yes, but I agree with Cogar.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.5%

ok so here is a stupid question,

Due to my higher bf% if i ate too few calories would my body begin to rely on stored fat to build the muscle? just curious, (if this were the case i would be real happy haha, i dont think ive ever seen this asked directly )

let me clarify, what i would love to see happen with this cycle is more of a body composition change, lowering my BF% while inceasing lean muscle mass, not quite a cutting routine more of a conversion type deal, hard to explain

BTW if not possible to do both, ill take the muscle haha
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.66%

ok so here is a stupid question,

Due to my higher bf% if i ate too few calories would my body begin to rely on stored fat to build the muscle? just curious, (if this were the case i would be real happy haha, i dont think ive ever seen this asked directly )
    It would be nice if it worked that way, but it does not. Fat is typically used by your body for low energy activities such as sleeping (if your stomach, etc. is empty), sitting at a desk, walking, etc. To build muscle, your body needs protein, which is not stored anywhere (unless you count muscle).

let me clarify, what i would love to see happen with this cycle is more of a body composition change, lowering my BF% while inceasing lean muscle mass, not quite a cutting routine more of a conversion type deal, hard to explain

BTW if not possible to do both, ill take the muscle haha
    You have two options:

1. Build muscle while adding as little fat as possible (bulking).
    2. Reduce fat while losing as little muscle as possible (cutting).

Each requires a different type of diet and exercise regimen. For example, the program written in Body-for-LIFE by Bill Phillips does claim to be able to do both, although it is more of a cutting program.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Cogar
    It would be nice if it worked that way, but it does not. Fat is typically used by your body for low energy activities such as sleeping (if your stomach, etc. is empty), sitting at a desk, walking, etc. To build muscle, your body needs protein, which is not stored anywhere (unless you count muscle).

You have two options:

1. Build muscle while adding as little fat as possible (bulking).
    2. Reduce fat while losing as little muscle as possible (cutting).

Each requires a different type of diet and exercise regimen. For example, the program written in Body-for-LIFE by Bill Phillips does claim to be able to do both, although it is more of a cutting program.
    that was pretty much what i figured haha just wanted to be sure i was correct, thanks
  15. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.37%

Cogar is right. I thought this whole bulking/cutting dichotomy was false when I started, but I've learned it is correct through personal experience. It's very difficult to convince your body to build big muscles while you're simultaneously starving it of the building blocks it needs to do so.

I think you essentially are wanting to cut, and I personally think there are much better supplements for cutting than M1T.

For instance, you could go the M-Dien route-->many people report "Composition Change" as the biggest effect, and it's low sides would be perfect for a first-timer.

Anything really strong requires 4AD, and that means bloating and gaining weight, and you don't want that.

It's a waste of M1T (and why risk possible bad sides) to go way under maintenance with your calories, IMO.
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Brodus
    Cogar is right. I thought this whole bulking/cutting dichotomy was false when I started, but I've learned it is correct through personal experience. It's very difficult to convince your body to build big muscles while you're simultaneously starving it of the building blocks it needs to do so.

I think you essentially are wanting to cut, and I personally think there are much better supplements for cutting than M1T.

For instance, you could go the M-Dien route-->many people report "Composition Change" as the biggest effect, and it's low sides would be perfect for a first-timer.

Anything really strong requires 4AD, and that means bloating and gaining weight, and you don't want that.

It's a waste of M1T (and why risk possible bad sides) to go way under maintenance with your calories, IMO.
    acctually the idea was more along the lines of 1 bluking cycle to build extrea lean muscle mass, followed closely by 2 or 3 cutting cycles to help reduce the body fat.

I had a strange idea to reduce calories and attempt to do both at the same time, i figured this would not work, but thought i would ask just in case

does my plan make a lil more sence now?

Similar Forum Threads

1. READ AND DESTROY! (My first cycle plans inside)
    By ManBeast in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 11:50 AM
  2. First Cycle
    By JustMe in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 10:51 AM
  3. My first cycle ever, asking for expertise
    By baham99 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-12-2003, 10:41 PM
  4. first cycle