cottosed oil is cloudy

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
i bought a vial of cottonseed oil 2.5 mths ago,its supposed to be sterile oil, but it has a layer of white powdery substance on the bottom and when i shook it up it looked like a cloud suspended in it. does anybody have any ideas whats up ? is it alright ? how long is it b4 it gets rancid ?

regino007

Awards
Try putting it in a hot water bath for a few minutes to see if it clears up.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't use it.. sounds like it went bad to me..

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Definitely DO NOT USE IT. It is the most cheap component of the a good homebrew...but that doesn't mean it is not the most important! I prefer to get a fresh batch of oil everytime.

Chemo

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
Definitely DO NOT USE IT. It is the most cheap component of the a good homebrew...but that doesn't mean it is not the most important! I prefer to get a fresh batch of oil everytime.

Chemo
Hey Mr. Chemo, or other chem Guru:

Is Cottonseed the preferred oil? From the angle of lower viscosity (ease of push thru pin)? And is there any significant diff. in how much hormone can be dissolved in diff oils?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
There isn't really that much difference in terms of how much a hormone will dissolve. Besides, you generally don't want to max it out as that most certainly will lead to painful injections. For cyps and enths stick to around 250 mg/mL. For acetates and props stay at or below 100 mg/mL (my preference is 75 mg/mL).

In term of viscosity, there are other oils that are "lighter" such as grapeseed. This does not equate to better though as most of the others tend to have preservatives which make for painful injections. IMO, it is best to stick with cottonseed or a high grade sesame.

Chemo

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the replies ill just thow it out its only a 50ml vial of oil.

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
There isn't really that much difference in terms of how much a hormone will dissolve. Besides, you generally don't want to max it out as that most certainly will lead to painful injections. For cyps and enths stick to around 250 mg/mL. For acetates and props stay at or below 100 mg/mL (my preference is 75 mg/mL).

In term of viscosity, there are other oils that are "lighter" such as grapeseed. This does not equate to better though as most of the others tend to have preservatives which make for painful injections. IMO, it is best to stick with cottonseed or a high grade sesame.

Chemo
Thank You Sir!