Ketosis diet while on epi 11 oxox

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am running a 6 week recomp on epi and 11 oxo and my body does not like carbs very much at all...I have read into ketosis and it looks like a good idea....I know it takes 4 hours for the body to enter ketosis....but how long should I stay in this sate...and how many carbs should I eat? 0, 50, 75? Cause alot of foods including my protien powder have small amounts of carbs....if it is 0 I dont see how Its possible...also I guess im going to have to cut out my PWO carbs of two servings white rice at 75 g's....advice please?

GnastyMcNasty

Awards
  • Established
look at bodybuilding.com in the article section, read up on the ketogenic diet and CKD. Yes you obviously are going to have to cut out your pre-workout carbs. the 1-2 g of carbs in my ON whey protein powder never kept me out of ketosis at all... so that wont matter. To get into it fastest, do early morning fasted cardio the first day, and then just eat fatty foods like bacon, cheese, eggs with butter, cheeseburger, mayonnaise, etc. The first two days I didn't worry about being in a caloric surplus or not - i ate til i was full. And within 3 days I was pissing ketones. Do LIGHT cardio every day. Go to a pharmacy and get ketostix. they will let u know if ur pissing ketones or not.

There :) I did ur research for you

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
uhhh SWEET thanks dude....my protien I have now has 6gs of carbs but I am getting sum with only 2 this crap is to just hold me over....Thanks man I guess I wont be able to get 3.3k cals in but If im in ketosis and on two anabolics I dont think I will loose muscle ey? lookin at consuming about 10-15g's of carbs a day with a recycle once a week with about 200g;s

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
you say light cardio? Whats that like 15 mins of jogging after a weight sesh? and what about off days?

GnastyMcNasty

Awards
  • Established
by light cardio I mainly mean the intensity with which you do your cardio, not the length of time you do it...although i never go over 45 min. lower intensity cardio burns more fat, the higher the intensity the cardio is the more likely muscle catabolism will take place.... i personally usually do like 35 min on the elliptical at about 60% intensity.

On your weekly carb up, you're going to want to be taking in something like 8-10 g of carb per pound of LBM. So you're going to want WAY more than 200 g on ur carb up. Go to mesomorphosis.com and read lyle macdonald's article on the carb up on the cyclical ketogenic diet. and it should last like 18-24 hours at least.

I personally didn't take any off days from cardio. I'd do that every day. it enhances ketosis and gets u deeper into it. And I ate more or less the same on off days as i did lifting days, if thats what u were asking

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
On your weekly carb up, you're going to want to be taking in something like 8-10 g of carb per pound of LBM.
holy hell. thats like 1800 grams of carbs. how in the hell is supposed to eat that much carbs?

GnastyMcNasty

Awards
  • Established
my bad, thats 8-10 g of carb per KILOGRAM of LBM. so im not quite sure what that equates to in pounds

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
this **** is complicated....I might just run a damn diet that will equate right above my maint cals lol and maintain lbm while loosing a little fat....

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
my bad, thats 8-10 g of carb per KILOGRAM of LBM. so im not quite sure what that equates to in pounds
ooooooh ok. that makes more sense. thats like 800 g of carbs. that is doable. are you supposed to eat clean that day or is like a cheat day?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Cheat day it said in the write up- moving from HGI to LGI carbs....So looks like I will be eating sugary **** in the early part of the day and move into whole wheats and starches later in the day.... My fat intake on this is going to be rediculous....like 150gs lol

HumpTheCook

HumpTheCook

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cheat day it said in the write up- moving from HGI to LGI carbs....So looks like I will be eating sugary **** in the early part of the day and move into whole wheats and starches later in the day.... My fat intake on this is going to be rediculous....like 150gs lol
mmmmmmmmmmmm..... ice cream.

abba zabba you are my only friend.

GnastyMcNasty

Awards
  • Established
ooooooh ok. that makes more sense. thats like 800 g of carbs. that is doable. are you supposed to eat clean that day or is like a cheat day?
personal choice. depends on your goals. I personally eat dirty that day just because I got to let go every now and then.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lol Great film...Mcnasty I am assuming that my other macros (fat and pro) do not really matter in the low carb portion of the 5 day period....I am going to do a 36 hour refeed....Unless its okay to like eat a **** load one day and go to sleep wake up and eat a ****load again for like 4-8 hours to make sure I get the 10gper kg?

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
Lyle Mcdonald has some great info available on carb loading and how much carbs and fats you can take it on your refeed day. Check up some info on the Ultimate Diet 2.0 and you'll find more indepth info on this :) On this myself at the moment as of last week. Things are going good so far...

GnastyMcNasty

Awards
  • Established
Lol Great film...Mcnasty I am assuming that my other macros (fat and pro) do not really matter in the low carb portion of the 5 day period....I am going to do a 36 hour refeed....Unless its okay to like eat a **** load one day and go to sleep wake up and eat a ****load again for like 4-8 hours to make sure I get the 10gper kg?
Thats what I do, but only for 24 hours. However, you can do it for 36 hours if you want. remember, you start after your last workout of the week (in which you hit every body part), so assuming you do it in the morning around 10:00 am, 24 hours after that will be following morning at around 11:00-11:30 (assuming your workout takes an hour and you begin carb loading after).

Also, your assumption about the other macros during the low carb portion is wrong, 100%. The macros of the other 2 are extremely important. Your fats should be the highest, protein second, and carbs smallest obviously. to get into ketosis, for the first 2 days, your optimal macros should look like 80% fats, 15% protein, 5% carbs. After a couple of days as your body adjusts to ketosis, you can adjust those to 65% fats, 30% protein, 5% carbs. The idea is to get your body used to burning fats for energy. Protein can convert into glucose. So you want to avoid high protein intake, especially in the beginning