"But i want to get big AND ripped!" How to run a RECOMP cycle

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

  1. unreal,

    I've talked with you a long time ago and at the time we were both thinking that just bulking and then cutting would likely yield better results than trying to recomp. Would be interested to hear if your thoughts changed from way back in the day or how you feel about it now. I've always felt that just bulking for one cycle and then cutting for another was the best way but I'm more than happy to be wrong.


  2. When some people go on a carb cycle they put more lean muscle on than when they bulk, I think people respond differently what most people think of as 'bulking' and 'cutting' shedules.

    I think putting on lean muscle and loosing BF% is entirely possible if your willing to work at it. And just as effective - if not more in terms of achieving and maintaining more permenant goals.
    •   
       


  3. This is truely an inspiring thread, E****lent info, youre a diamond Unreal, much respect.

    I was going to go all out on cutting in january with a carb cycle, But Ill use the valuable info in your first log here and design a recomp for myself. Im thinking of using proviron full time from Jan till April with a bit of Letrozole if I can get hold of them, so far all my sources have chickened out. Ive already got 500 Dbol at 5mg, I might just pulse that with PCT instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZamaMan View Post
    Wow great write up! I was woundering though since your body does alot of muscle repair at night would be be better to do your cardio and low carb meals in am and than more carbs and weight lifting in pm so you have more nutrients at night to rebuild?
    Insulin senstivity get less and less during the day, say if you get up at 7am, by 5pm your body at its lowest already and eating meals with high carbs at this stage is pointless, your body will use whatever carbs youve stored at night, no need to eat more late in the evening, infact its the last thing you want to do, a little bit of protien will trick your body into opening up the fat stored for carbs

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    so im using 50mg of superdrol bridged into 80mg of epistane, im not eating enough calories, but im loosing weight. what the hell?

    I thought steroids make you gain muscle?
    Im having the same problem with deca Im taking at the moment, it completely supressed my appetite, I was shaking and making myself feel sick forcing myself to eat, but I havnt manage to eat enough - its ruined my cycle so far . Ive bought some Dbol and its helping, also starting tri-tren now and Ive heared that will help too.

  4. I added in 100mg of anadrol 50, and it fixed the weight problems. now im swole like a mo fo.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    I added in 100mg of anadrol 50, and it fixed the weight problems. now im swole like a mo fo.
    He missed the sarcasm part i think

  6. its helped with the hunger, but I havnt seen any water retension yet, infact Ive dropped 3 kilos over the weekend, but that was due to eating more carbs (I know most wont undertand what I just said) and thermogenics.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by biggfly View Post
    He missed the sarcasm part i think
    who? you? me? him? its so hard to hear sarcasm with words on a screen. I can only assume he knew my post was a joke, and he was just going along with it, in which I just kept on going.?

    but who knows.

  8. this thread is all a figment of unreals imagination


    if u wanna recomp DO NOT LISTEN TO UNREAL NO MATTER WHAT!
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html

  9. The things I would like to say to that would nicely earn me an infraction and get me banned, so Ill say it politely:

    schwellington go away you negative ignorant individual

  10. Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    who? you? me? him? its so hard to hear sarcasm with words on a screen...
    nope i didnt get it

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    ... I can only assume he knew my post was a joke, and he was just going along with it, in which I just kept on going.?

    but who knows.
    •   
       


  11. scwell is just messing with unreal. we all love scwel, he's like our little brother with a learning disability. you cant not like him.

  12. Pulsing Dbol alternated with appetite supressors would work nicely on a carb cycle - cleaver me

  13. Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    scwell is just messing with unreal. we all love scwel, he's like our little brother with a learning disability. you cant not like him.

  14. I've been recomping for the last 12 weeks, almost exactly as Unreal has outlined. I've lost 20lbs of fat and gained 5lbs of lean body mass. This is all while getting stronger every week. Oh, and its been all natural. I've got some pretty sweet before and afters if ppl want me to throw em up. I still need about 10 more lbs of fat gone in order to look as sick as I want. Wish me luck.

    Just realized that this was for a recomp "cycle". So I probably shouldn't have posted my experience since there has been no cycle, lol. oh well.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

  15. nice I'll be referencing this thread come feb.

  16. Thanks for the write-up, unreal. I'm lookin at running a recomp in the future with epi-strong, katanadrol v2.0, T3 and clen. I'll be using this as a guide and look forward to running this cycle. Hopefully with my crazy schedule I'll be able to keep my diet in check

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Legacyfighter View Post
    I've been recomping for the last 12 weeks, almost exactly as Unreal has outlined. I've lost 20lbs of fat and gained 5lbs of lean body mass...
    Outstanding sir, thats it.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by neverstop View Post
    unreal,

    I've talked with you a long time ago and at the time we were both thinking that just bulking and then cutting would likely yield better results than trying to recomp. Would be interested to hear if your thoughts changed from way back in the day or how you feel about it now. I've always felt that just bulking for one cycle and then cutting for another was the best way but I'm more than happy to be wrong.
    Honestly man it's a tough comparison. Bulking and cutting are independently more efficient than recomping. Your body is not made to gain lots of muscle while losing lots of fat, it just won't happen very quickly. So by themselves bulking and cutting are more efficient.

    However bulk cycle then PCT then time off then cut cycle then PCT is a lot of time and 2 PCTs. The first PCT following a bulk cycle is sure to see some weight loss... With a recomp cycle it's just 1 cycle, just 1 PCT, and you probably won't lose any weight when you're done. I didn't. You put on a very maintainable amount of muscle over a good period of time. Coming off a bulk you are going to lose mass in PCT. Anyway it's nice accomplishing so much with just 1 cycle instead of 2. But IMO a recomp cycle is more work than bulking or cutting. you are trying to do both so you have to have a PERFECT diet and still eat a good amount of food, still lift really hard, and ALSO do tons of cardio. It is a tall order :P

    I don't think anything is best, it depends on where you are and how you want to look. If your end goal is to get HUGE AND RIPPED then do what bodybuilders do, bulk up like crazy and cut and repeat. But if you want to look good the whole time and keep walking around with low bodyfat, recomps are nice.

    I gain fat easily and it's tough to lose fat so I pretty much gain fat everytime I bulk and usually add fat in PCTs and time off as well. After several months a cut is needed just to get my bodyfat back to where it was. So counterproductive. With a recomp I can stay lean. You never blow up 15 pounds and get massive strength like on a bulk cycle but that's the price you pay for being lean.
    Mostly answered PM's
    Don't post on my profile, I don't read that stuff, PM me instead
    <------ Hard to believe, but I wasn't on any anabolics in the avatar shot

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Legacyfighter View Post
    I've been recomping for the last 12 weeks, almost exactly as Unreal has outlined. I've lost 20lbs of fat and gained 5lbs of lean body mass. This is all while getting stronger every week. Oh, and its been all natural. I've got some pretty sweet before and afters if ppl want me to throw em up. I still need about 10 more lbs of fat gone in order to look as sick as I want. Wish me luck.

    Just realized that this was for a recomp "cycle". So I probably shouldn't have posted my experience since there has been no cycle, lol. oh well.
    Damn good job! Those before and after pictures are incredible. Now if anyone asks me if my recomping ideas work i will just point them to your post lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpekz View Post
    Thanks for the write-up, unreal. I'm lookin at running a recomp in the future with epi-strong, katanadrol v2.0, T3 and clen. I'll be using this as a guide and look forward to running this cycle. Hopefully with my crazy schedule I'll be able to keep my diet in check
    diet is everything. good luck
    Mostly answered PM's
    Don't post on my profile, I don't read that stuff, PM me instead
    <------ Hard to believe, but I wasn't on any anabolics in the avatar shot

  20. With a recomp, is the goal to finish at approx. the same weight you started? I only ask because I'm prone towards losing weight very easily (fat and muscle) and every pound I've gained has taken a LOT of eating, so I'm trying to find a way to get rid of a few (10-15) lbs of fat without actually dropping that on the scale, but doing all that cardio makes it seem like it's going to be very difficult to maintain my weight.

  21. well any amount of gaining muscle while losing fat is a recomp but usually it means that you keep weight the same so that you are losing and gaining in equal quantities.

    it isn't hard to maintain your weight, just weigh yourself everyday and adjust your calories accordingly.
    Mostly answered PM's
    Don't post on my profile, I don't read that stuff, PM me instead
    <------ Hard to believe, but I wasn't on any anabolics in the avatar shot

  22. Good read. I'm going to be running a recomp this spring. It's going to be HDrol + Test prop + T3 for 10 weeks then MK-2866 (Ostarine) duing PCT. I'm at about 15% BF right now. I just finished my bulking cycle. I'm also going to run a stand alone cycle of MK-2866 between cycles. MK-2866 from what I've seen is an amazing recomp compound.

    I'm currently using it on my bulking PCT. I'm running 25mg ed for the first week then 15mg ed for the last 4.5 weeks. I'm 4 days into my PCT which is 50mg clomid + 40mg nolva + DAA + MK-2866. So far I still feel like I'm on cycle. Actually I feel better now then I did at the end of my cycle. Lol.

  23. Eh usually the first week of PCT i still feel like I'm on cycle anyway, it's weeks 2-3 that suck the most. But I have heard many good things about those sarms so i am sure they are helping, I really want to try one in my next PCT. I just need more $$ lol.
    Mostly answered PM's
    Don't post on my profile, I don't read that stuff, PM me instead
    <------ Hard to believe, but I wasn't on any anabolics in the avatar shot

  24. How about taking t3 with turinabol and androhard? I also carb cycle...I heard stims is no good while on a cycle..

  25. Quote Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
    Damn good job! Those before and after pictures are incredible. Now if anyone asks me if my recomping ideas work i will just point them to your post lol.



    diet is everything. good luck
    haha, I'm glad I could help back you up. Hopefully in a few more weeks I can post some even more impressive pics.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    How about taking t3 with turinabol and androhard? I also carb cycle...I heard stims is no good while on a cycle..
    Stims are fine on cycle unless you overstim and jack up your heart rate and/or blood pressure. Turinabol/AH/T3 sounds like a good recomp stack. Either cycle the carbs or enforce a very strict carb cutoff (2-3pm).
    Mostly answered PM's
    Don't post on my profile, I don't read that stuff, PM me instead
    <------ Hard to believe, but I wasn't on any anabolics in the avatar shot

  27. thanks unreal, it's a tough comparison I guess vs. traditional bulk then cut vs a recomp that probably depends on each person. I guess I've never really tried a real disciplined "recomp" so maybe I'll give that a try here in spring.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
    Stims are fine on cycle unless you overstim and jack up your heart rate and/or blood pressure. Turinabol/AH/T3 sounds like a good recomp stack. Either cycle the carbs or enforce a very strict carb cutoff (2-3pm).
    ohh ok...yea i was told about the high blood pressure..ok ill add the t3. any special way to dose? i carb cycle and cut off carbs before hitting the gym....

  29. Quote Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
    Eh usually the first week of PCT i still feel like I'm on cycle anyway, it's weeks 2-3 that suck the most. But I have heard many good things about those sarms so i am sure they are helping, I really want to try one in my next PCT. I just need more $$ lol.
    I only run Prop for my test so I don't get the gentle come down like you do off of Cyp or Enanth. In my previous PCT I would crash out by day 2 or 3 but I'm telling you, with this MK-2866 every morning i wake up and feel better and better. But I understand exactly what you're saying. That's why I'm logging my PCT and I'm hoping I don't just have a delayed crash.

    MK-2866 isn't too badly priced either. It's like $83 shipped for a vial which is enough for a PCT or a short stand alone cycle. They even had a deal 2 vials for $120. Nice thing about MK is that it doesn't have the side effects that S4 does.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    ohh ok...yea i was told about the high blood pressure..ok ill add the t3. any special way to dose? i carb cycle and cut off carbs before hitting the gym....
    I take it you lift in the evenings then? Cuz otherwise you'll want to have some carbs post-WO. IMO pre and post wo are the most important times to have carbs, every other meal can have no or low carbs.

    With the T3, you just start at 25mcg and slowly increase the dose. Most people have liquids so you have very fine control of the dose. Just ramp it up and assess your tolerance and rate of weightloss. Between manipulating T3 dose and your calories you should find an equilibrium where you are maintaining your weight. I always ramp T3 back down at the end but some people say its not necessary.

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJambo View Post
    I only run Prop for my test so I don't get the gentle come down like you do off of Cyp or Enanth. In my previous PCT I would crash out by day 2 or 3 but I'm telling you, with this MK-2866 every morning i wake up and feel better and better. But I understand exactly what you're saying. That's why I'm logging my PCT and I'm hoping I don't just have a delayed crash.

    MK-2866 isn't too badly priced either. It's like $83 shipped for a vial which is enough for a PCT or a short stand alone cycle. They even had a deal 2 vials for $120. Nice thing about MK is that it doesn't have the side effects that S4 does.
    Yeah that stuff sounds good. Sounds like the best PCT you can have, lol...
    I am a little different when coming off cycle, even just oral cycles, I will usually peak around 4-5 days post cycle and its downhill after that.
    Mostly answered PM's
    Don't post on my profile, I don't read that stuff, PM me instead
    <------ Hard to believe, but I wasn't on any anabolics in the avatar shot
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-23-2010, 04:07 PM
  2. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 03:08 PM
  3. Replies: 260
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 02:32 PM
  4. WordzWorf'z "Get Ripped Like A Cheap Pair Of Pants" Log...
    By Wordz_Worf in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 02:46 AM
Log in
Log in