Infertility from gear... a real danger?

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So just how real is the danger of becoming infertile from cycling steroids? Reason I ask is b/c I've found a plethora of posts and studies on every other bad side effect: male pattern baldness, hepatoxicity, etc. etc. but nothing regarding inferitility.

Is it really a cause for concern and if so how much? If I find any studies I will post them.

Thanks.

Carpe Diem

Awards
I have heard that its not so much the steroids that cause infertility, but cottonseed oil the are in. its a natural defence system used by the cotton plant. insects eat the plant and inturn become infertal. I don't know the specifics about it but there are studys around about it.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have heard that its not so much the steroids that cause infertility, but cottonseed oil the are in. its a natural defence system used by the cotton plant. insects eat the plant and inturn become infertal. I don't know the specifics about it but there are studys around about it.
If this was true than the same concerns would not be raised over non-liquid suspended gear such as methylated-test and dinabol. There are however still concerns about m1t and dbol causing inferitility so I don't think cottonseed oil is the cause, at least not the primary cause, of infertility from steroids.

DougMan

Awards
I doubt we will ever know if m1t causes infertility. I dont think it is even a worry as it will be off the market fairly soon. I would hope 1 or 2 cycles wouldnt render you useless, but who knows.

The government should spend some money on researching stuff like steroids instead of wasting it on **** like wars. Hahaha wow that is a good joke.

On a side note... I was at my brothers graduation from Michigan Law and they had a senator from Illnois speak. He is talking about all this **** and all of the sudden he starts talking about "substances like steriods that are sold over the counter" and about how dangerous they are. He is on the commitee that is studying the issue. So if anyone thinks the PH ban is not immenient, I would suggest you think twice.

ruffneck

ruffneck

Awards
Well I just came off a Prop, Tren, EQ, and IGF cycle about three weeks ago. I found out a week ago that my GF is pregnant, so take that for what it is worth.

Tiabin

Awards
Also note theres probb'ers that do cycles... Unless you're doing some completely insane cycle... Why worry?

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
More info:

http://www.cuttingedgemuscle.com/Forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5822

http://www.cuttingedgemuscle.com/Forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8779

http://www.cuttingedgemuscle.com/Forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6447&highlight=fertility

There is plenty more at CEM, and that would be the best place IMO to research fertility concerns, considering some of the experts there. It seems that the general concensus is that while sterility may be a bet while "on", data on permanent infertility from AAS (especially with proper PCT) is not concrete. :)

latman

Awards
Just for everyones info, I have been juicing now for 6 years more on than off i run about three cycles a year and my last one was 900mgs test week, 100mgs tren eod, aboms at 100mgs aday for six weeks and 10iues post workout of slin and found out about two weeks ago my wife was pregnant i havent been off this cycle either i was on it when she got pregnant. Is this possible for her to get pregnant on this much gear? We have a doc. appointment the 21st and i am going to tell him about it and ask him . Ill keep you posted.

ruffneck

ruffneck

Awards
Hey Latman I hope your wife isn't my girlfreind.......LOL

latman

Awards
LOL thats funny ruffneck , I hope so to . lol . Also I know DNA testing is your friend ,but its not that easy to tell your wife that you want one.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Definitely possible, but IMO it would seem less probable. Doesn't infidelity seem a bit reaching, unless you have other reasons to suspect this ? (I certainly don't know your relationship dynamic, I just like to think the best of someone first) :)

Tiabin

Awards
How valid is the concern about cottonseed oil? I couldn't find a whole lot about cottonseed oil when I looked it up...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Search for Gossypol.

Technics

Technics

Awards
I doubt we will ever know if m1t causes infertility. I dont think it is even a worry as it will be off the market fairly soon. I would hope 1 or 2 cycles wouldnt render you useless, but who knows.

The government should spend some money on researching stuff like steroids instead of wasting it on **** like wars. Hahaha wow that is a good joke.

On a side note... I was at my brothers graduation from Michigan Law and they had a senator from Illnois speak. He is talking about all this **** and all of the sudden he starts talking about "substances like steriods that are sold over the counter" and about how dangerous they are. He is on the commitee that is studying the issue. So if anyone thinks the PH ban is not immenient, I would suggest you think twice.
You have to be kidding! this is the first time i see that m1t is causing infertility!

I was worried about this because after my first m1t cycle (2nd cycle ever)
my ejaculate was looking a little bit clearer and less came out....
are those signs of infertility?

i asked around and people said it was unlikely i was infertile just on that cycle

littlemark

Awards
Don't have anything scientific to say about this, just my own experience. I've ran 2on/2off/2on cycles of M1T in twice in the past (last one in Jan.) Just found out wife and I are having a baby.
So... everyone's different and I may just be one of the lucky ones with no lasting effects, but then again M1T made me horny like a billy goat while on it.
These cycles were my only experience with a fully functional cylce of any PH (don't really count my S1+ cycle a year ago) so I can't speak to any other types of gear.

spoofy

Awards
so .. when on a cycle sperm count drops?

if so.. yet another reason to run longer cycles :)

kids are over rated

DougMan

Awards
You have to be kidding! this is the first time i see that m1t is causing infertility!

I was worried about this because after my first m1t cycle (2nd cycle ever)
my ejaculate was looking a little bit clearer and less came out....
are those signs of infertility?

i asked around and people said it was unlikely i was infertile just on that cycle
I was not the one that proposed that M1t was causing infertility. Personally I think it a BS statement as there is absolutely 0 proof behind it either way. I was just saying there is no way we would know, and that it doesnt matter. Its not like it would be permanent. Read up on the threads Jweave posted

fiddler

Awards
i have to agree with most of the guys here. one data point doesn't mean anything.

most of the research for male contraceptives use androgens to reduce sperm production while on the androgens. So any AAS should have some sperm production reduction effects while on depending on how much androgenic activity the specific drug has.

look at it as a side benefit. harder to get your girl pregnant accidently. usually sperm production comes right back when you get off of it.

Individually, who knows. i know a girl that faints from a swallow of coffee :eek: , whom by no means is representative of the general population.

fiddler