anabolics as cheating?

mindset101

Awards
  • Established
Me and my friends are competitive at everything even working out. Now that i have ran a cycle of tren and about to run another cycle of h-drol they consider me as a cheater? I think I would be cheating if i was doing something they couldnt? I really dont care what they think. I think thats bs.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
As long as youre doing things the safe, smart way, who gives a rats ass what people think about you. After all, this is your progress and your body is it not?

Tyler3295

Awards
We all know the game is rigged. But if you don't play, you can't win. ;)

Besides, as many people will agree, using anabolics usually makes one work HARDER. Not cheating, just optimizing your body's potential.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cheating is dependant on what the situation is... If ya'll were having a competition between each other to see who makes the biggest gains, it would be cheating if you decided that anabolic sustances were something not to be used. Sounds like it wouldn't be cheating from what you've posted but it is an advantage.

mindset101

Awards
  • Established
Thats how i look at it...im using the sources i have to maximize my body performance. I dont give a rats ass what they think im gonna continue seeing them get smaller and smaller. :yup:

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established

mindset101

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i could see where its consider cheating when your using it in a situation where its illegal to be using such as MLB.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
But I doubt the OP would be an MLB player asking us for advice... lol

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes I feel it is cheating. For instance, yesterday this guy in the gym was working out and obviously heavy on the anabolics. Long story short, he sat on his ass most of the time and took more than 5 minute rest in between barbell curls. He was not even breaking a sweat, I am dying and he is not even breaking a sweat.

Minnesota

Minnesota

Awards
There's only two types, cheaters and losers....

That's quoted from a snowmobile grass drag racing team owner.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
I'm competing with myself, therefore I do not have rules.

If you guys had a bet going on then sure, it'd be cheating. If you're doing it for your own personal reasons then how could it be cheating? I run anabolics just cause. If someone wants to call me a cheater, that's fine. If you drive a naturally aspirated car and raced someone that was boosted to hell and they ate you alive, they wouldn't be a cheater, just a car enthusiast :)

Minnesota

Minnesota

Awards

If you guys had a bet going on then sure, it'd be cheating. If you're doing it for your own personal reasons then how could it be cheating? I run anabolics just cause. If someone wants to call me a cheater, that's fine. If you drive a naturally aspirated car and raced someone that was boosted to hell and they ate you alive, they wouldn't be a cheater, just a car enthusiast :)
I like that analogy, were just adding "power-adders" to our body to get the best perfomance out of them haha

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yes it's cheating. all of us who use steroids are cheating the in the game of building muscle naturally.

it's those who are naive and think life is fair that think cheating is bad, I look at it as taking advantage of available opportunities.

life aint fair, sometimes you gotta cheat in life to win, sometimes you dont.
(as I flex my bicepts...:D)

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
You can tweak your physique a bit with some anabolics and some real hard work, or you can be satisfied with what genetics gave you. Take your pick.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
You can tweak your physique a bit with some anabolics and some real hard work, or you can be satisfied with what genetics gave you. Take your pick.
yes it's cheating. all of us who use steroids are cheating the in the game of building muscle naturally.

it's those who are naive and think life is fair that think cheating is bad, I look at it as taking advantage of available opportunities.

life aint fair, sometimes you gotta cheat in life to win, sometimes you dont.
(as I flex my bicepts...)
I like both views. This is a good topic, really opens my mind.

Minnesota

Minnesota

Awards
No matter how much anabolics and how good your diet is one thing will always be the biggest factor...busting your ass in the gym.

appleyard

appleyard

Awards
I can't post links yet.

fix this url to work:

youtube. com/watch?v=vE6uegoRiFk

edit: OP, I suggest you check out the movie in its entirety.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No matter how much anabolics and how good your diet is one thing will always be the biggest factor...busting your ass in the gym.
A Men BROTHA! CAN I GET A MOTHER LUVIN WITNESS!

and even more so, those who bust ass in the gym WHILE ON PCT, now thats the stuff of champions, low test, hormones all fkcu'd up, and still crankin out power in the gym.

straight up determination.:fing02:

Tyler3295

Awards
yes it's cheating. all of us who use steroids are cheating the in the game of building muscle naturally. ...
It may be cheating in the game of bulking naturally, but it is NOT cheating in maximizing your body's FULL potential. ;)

I'm competing with myself, therefore I do not have rules. ...
Same here, using AAS make me work THAT much harder. Not really cheating IMO.

:fing02: I know what I'm picking here, lol. :fing02:

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not really, once you've maximized your bodies full potential, and it cant go any further, then it is time for you to add in outside synthetic hormones in supraphysiological amounts to go beyond your bodies maximal full potential.

either way, before your body has reached it's limit, or after, you are still cheating to get ahead.

if you dont think so, then you are only lying to yourself.

sad but true, but like i said, life aint fair, and neither are steroids.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't matter how you get to the pot of gold, B-ryan...as long as you beat the leprechaun. -S.G.Griffin

mindset101

Awards
  • Established

ha i like that... good comparison....as well as my body i was thinkin about adding some power additives to my 05 gto soon ha

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
ha i like that... good comparison....as well as my body i was thinkin about adding some power additives to my 05 gto soon ha
I prefer my cars, as well as my gear, from a different country.

Jk, I don't use gear.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are 160lbs after a cycle, and are considering doing another one, the only person you're cheating is yourself.

ianm4208

Awards
U obviously care what they think or else u wouldn't be posting this.
Depends on the rules of the game.
U have come to the most biased source for the answers u wanna hear.
I doubt 5% of the people here are fully content with their use of anabolics or else they could tell everybody the know and not sweat it. I know I don't feel right, using these substances, all the time

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:food:
It doesn't matter how you get to the pot of gold, B-ryan...as long as you beat the leprechaun. -S.G.Griffin
I totally agree, life is the leprechaun, and neither play fair, so, you gotta do what ya gotta do for your gold, w/e it may be......

SuperRook

Awards
If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying hard enough.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Me and my friends are competitive at everything even working out. Now that i have ran a cycle of tren and about to run another cycle of h-drol they consider me as a cheater? I think I would be cheating if i was doing something they couldnt? What do you guys think? I think thats bs.
LOL are you serious? If you're running cycles for the sole reason of "competitiveness" with friends.. grow up dude.

If you're running cycles for the sole reason of your physique.. You shouldn't care what friends think.

But since you do, It's safe to say you're in the anabolics game for the wrong reason brutha. If you're coming in for the wrong reason, you're gonna come out with the wrong results. Get your priorities straight.

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
If you aren't cheating, you aren't trying hard enough.
thats valid.

but honestly its important to realize that the majority of people who arnt juicing also arnt training as hard. by training I mean living the complete lifestyle,, strict diet, strict gym times, strict sleeping... Yea steroids pack on size and strength very fast, but id say 99% of users are working harder (on and off cycle) then people who dont.

Personally, it wasnt until i did my first cycle that I realized all the things I had to change, and how much work it is really is to be a bodybuilder.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats valid.

but honestly its important to realize that the majority of people who arnt juicing also arnt training as hard. by training I mean living the complete lifestyle,, strict diet, strict gym times, strict sleeping... Yea steroids pack on size and strength very fast, but id say 99% of users are working harder (on and off cycle) then people who dont.

Personally, it wasnt until i did my first cycle that I realized all the things I had to change, and how much work it is really is to be a bodybuilder.
I would strongly disagree with that. You may be underestimating just how "recreational" steroids have become amongst teenage males. I went to my hometown for a visit recently, and it was absolutely rampant - and I can assure you, these kids have absolutely no clue what they are doing.

mindset101

Awards
  • Established
LOL are you serious? If you're running cycles for the sole reason of "competitiveness" with friends.. grow up dude.

If you're running cycles for the sole reason of your physique.. You shouldn't care what friends think.

But since you do, It's safe to say you're in the anabolics game for the wrong reason brutha. If you're coming in for the wrong reason, you're gonna come out with the wrong results. Get your priorities straight.
Hell no! Im not running any cycles for competitive reasons. We are just always trying to push each other and out do one another. Alot of people should know how it is with friends. Always tryin to up one another. Im running cycle for the sole fact of i want to improve my physique. I didnt want to seem like i was running cycles because im trying to compete with my friends. Its just the fact that my friends also workout and they see me improving at a rapid rate and they call it cheating.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hell no! Im not running any cycles for competitive reasons. We are just always trying to push each other and out do one another. Alot of people should know how it is with friends. Always tryin to up one another. Im running cycle for the sole fact of i want to improve my physique. I didnt want to seem like i was running cycles because im trying to compete with my friends. Its just the fact that my friends also workout and they see me improving at a rapid rate and they call it cheating.
Then keep your mindset on your physique and off of your friends. You really should not care 0% about what others think if you are SOLELY doing it for YOUR physique. Your situation has nothing to do with cheating at all. There is no cheating connotation involved here. You are simply bodybuilding. People get jealous when you body build. Enjoy it! You have nothing to worry about.

I know how it is sometimes :)

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
People get jealous when you body build. Enjoy it! You have nothing to worry about.
This ^^

Someone once told me that if people don't hate, youre doing something wrong.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Cheating is dependant on what the situation is... If ya'll were having a competition between each other to see who makes the biggest gains, it would be cheating if you decided that anabolic sustances were something not to be used. Sounds like it wouldn't be cheating from what you've posted but it is an advantage.
Ditto...
If he basis was to use all naural methods then yes you are cheating plain and simple.
If the basis was anything goes then anything is allowed.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
What is cheating? Having an unfair advantage over someone? In that case, someone who is born with good genetics is a cheater. Maybe someone who is born wealthy is a cheater because they don't have to work a job and can workout and sleep whenever they choose. I am sure an Ethiopian marathoner who trains by simply running feels that Americans who have access to multimillion dollar training facilities, coaches, biofeedback etc... is cheating. That is the nature of competition, finding a competitive advantage and exploiting it to beat your opponent.

mindset101

Awards
  • Established
What is cheating? Having an unfair advantage over someone? In that case, someone who is born with good genetics is a cheater. Maybe someone who is born wealthy is a cheater because they don't have to work a job and can workout and sleep whenever they choose. I am sure an Ethiopian marathoner who trains by simply running feels that Americans who have access to multimillion dollar training facilities, coaches, biofeedback etc... is cheating. That is the nature of competition, finding a competitive advantage and exploiting it to beat your opponent.
I agree, I dont find it cheating. I find it as using the sources i have to maximize my body's performance.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
BRO DBOL ONLY 20MG PER DAY 6MONTHS - ARNOLD STYLE LMFAO

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you are 160lbs after a cycle, and are considering doing another one, the only person you're cheating is yourself.
lol that's what I saw. I thought, wait you're WINNING this competition at 160 pounds and your friends are mad at you for making so much progress? Sounds like typical teenagers.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol that's what I saw. I thought, wait you're WINNING this competition at 160 pounds and your friends are mad at you for making so much progress? Sounds like typical teenagers.
Exactly, and that is after the cycle. Insane.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
You are born small and weak
You will die small and weak

What you do in between is up to YOU

mindset101

Awards
  • Established
I never said I was winning anything. They see me gaining faster then they are. After my cycle I decided I had a little to much bf so I decided to cut down and thats where I stand today around 10%.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never said I was winning anything. They see me gaining faster then they are. After my cycle I decided I had a little to much bf so I decided to cut down and thats where I stand today around 10%.
How old are you?

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^Uh oh mullet smells some blood....

S*** is about to go down.

I'm gonna make like tree and branch....

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha I'm 21 bout turn 22? Too young?
Not really. Just a question. I just get the sense that at 21, 5'10" and 160lbs, you probably had a significant - and by that, I mean massive - amount of room to grow before anabolics were necessary.

One could obviously dispute how "necessary" anabolics are to most who use them (read: not very) but in your case, based on the way you speak about working out, your cycle, and so on, "unnecessary" may be the most fitting word.

So, to clarify, you were lighter than 160lbs prior to beginning your cycle? And afterward, being 160lbs, you thought it was necessary to begin another? I hope you were 120lbs when you began!

mindset101

Awards
  • Established
I havent started another one. Im planning on starting one this summer in a few weeks. Ive only ran trenx and i plan to run h-drol this summer.

lookingtogro

Awards
Seems like every board I've ever read has the argument of AAS being classified as cheating or not...

All I know is that I spent years working out natty, and later on did a couple of cycles. Unless you're in a sport that prohibits peds, I wouldn't call it cheating. Frankly, I wouldn't knock anyone on either path, as long as they are busting their tails to do the best that they can with what they have. Fact is you have to work hard to gain anything natty after a certain point, but you can't exactly put on muscle taking AAS and watching tv...

Frankly, I wish they would just make the stuff legal, even if you had to go through a doc to get the stuff...at least you'd know you were getting legit stuff and you wouldn't have to get a new doctor everytime another one fell off the face of the Earth...

Ok, enough of my frustrated off-topic rant in the last paragraph...just venting on some recent experiences...just work your tail off, whether you use anything or not, and don't worry about what your friends think...