Strength Loss after cycle

Darb77

Awards
I can never seem to keep my my strength when I am done with my cycle it seems. I just finished a 6 week cycle of Phera and Xtren and am in my 4th week of PCT using nolva. My nuts are pretty much back to normal and I feel like I am recovering well but I have lost quite a bit of the strength I had while on cycle.

I have done quite a few cycles of pro hormones and one cycle of anavar and I always seem to lose a ton of strength in PCT. It just pisses me off because I always feel like I am going backwards sometimes after a cycle! I keep my calories high and always use a serm in pct.

So is this pretty much a normal thing for the prohormones/designer steroids? Im thinking of doing some test next and taking a break from these. I just had a bad day in the gym today and maybe that had alot to do with it! I was pretty weak on chest day. Last week I did the 105s on incline DB for 10 on my first set then the 110s for 8, 6, 4. Today my first set of the 105s I barely got 8 and it felt very heavy! WTF.

Maybe just a bad day IDK. Maybe I expect too much as far as keeping every bit of my strength gains.

shizz702

shizz702

Awards
There's a lot of variables in your situation here, but basically losing some of the gains after a cycle is the nature of the beast.

That's why it's important to do proper pct like you do, keep those cals high, and add some creatine, bcaas, etc. to the mix.

In your particular case here though mabye you need a day off to rest up? Who knows, but it's a given you aren't going to be as strong toward the end of your pct as you were on cycle.

Darb77

Awards
Yea I just wanted to make sure that it is normal to lose some strength. I already miss the feeling of being "ON" in the gym! I think I always expect too much :lol:

shizz702

shizz702

Awards
Yea I just wanted to make sure that it is normal to lose some strength. I already miss the feeling of being "ON" in the gym! I think I always expect too much :lol:
Lol I hear you bro!

Makes me get anxious inbetween cycles!

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
Whenever I enter pct, I immediately change my workout do something similar to a 5x5. I do basic compound lifts at the highest weights possible for several sets of 5. I also cut back going to the gym by one day, usually end up going 4 days a week. I sleep a lot and eat even more then ever. Add in some creatine and mabey a few goodies and it makes for a great pct. Doing this really helps keep your strength up.

I usually run it like that for 4-5 weeks then switch back to higher reps and add in more iso workouts.

GL

shizz702

shizz702

Awards
Whenever I enter pct, I immediately change my workout do something similar to a 5x5. I do basic compound lifts at the highest weights possible for several sets of 5. I also cut back going to the gym by one day, usually end up going 4 days a week. I sleep a lot and eat even more then ever. Add in some creatine and mabey a few goodies and it makes for a great pct. Doing this really helps keep your strength up.

I usually run it like that for 4-5 weeks then switch back to higher reps and add in more iso workouts.

GL
I think during pct the most important thing is to keep pushing the heavy weights. The worst thing someone can do is get that "go light" mentality.

Switching things up like you do might be a good stategy cause by doing that you'll avoid neural burnout and possibly continue progressing by introducing new exercises/sets/reps etc.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
prohormones/ds are notorius for this.. especially the ones that produce massive strength gains in such a short time.. the big 3 for strength(pp,xtren,sd).. your gonna lose some strength especially stacking them.. the longer the cycle runs the more strength youll be able to keep.. ie more on a 6 week then a 4 week cycle.. more on a 10 week then a 6 week and more on 12-16 week then a 10.. it seems like a given but ppl still run these short cycles expecting the same gains as a 12 week cycle.. and although this may seem like the case sometime from the massive weight gains and masisve jumps in strength from certain cycles( 3-4 week sd cycles).. this is not the case.. yes u can gain 12lbs and 50 lbs on your bench from a 3 week sd cyce.. but ud be lucky to keep half that weight and strength 2 months down the line..

also pct is a big one.. i lost alot in most of my pcts.. till i really learned how to run a proper pct and learned how to eat in pct.. everyone wants to cut in pct.. and this is straight bullshti.. u cant cut right after you spend a whole cycle bulking.. nope your losing your gains.. sorry.. ive spent more on pct then my cycle as a whole.. throw everything u can in there.. the more the better.. dont buy into this bull**** your pct is an overkill.. not if u want to keep your gains its not

AmericanJambo

AmericanJambo

Awards
  • Established
prohormones/ds are notorius for this.. especially the ones that produce massive strength gains in such a short time.. the big 3 for strength(pp,xtren,sd).. your gonna lose some strength especially stacking them.. the longer the cycle runs the more strength youll be able to keep.. ie more on a 6 week then a 4 week cycle.. more on a 10 week then a 6 week and more on 12-16 week then a 10.. it seems like a given but ppl still run these short cycles expecting the same gains as a 12 week cycle.. and although this may seem like the case sometime from the massive weight gains and masisve jumps in strength from certain cycles( 3-4 week sd cycles).. this is not the case.. yes u can gain 12lbs and 50 lbs on your bench from a 3 week sd cyce.. but ud be lucky to keep half that weight and strength 2 months down the line..

also pct is a big one.. i lost alot in most of my pcts.. till i really learned how to run a proper pct and learned how to eat in pct.. everyone wants to cut in pct.. and this is straight bullshti.. u cant cut right after you spend a whole cycle bulking.. nope your losing your gains.. sorry.. ive spent more on pct then my cycle as a whole.. throw everything u can in there.. the more the better.. dont buy into this bull**** your pct is an overkill.. not if u want to keep your gains its not
Amen! There is no such thing as overkill in PCT. I couldn't agree more. Throw in everything. Creatine, nitric oxide, TCF-1, sustain alpha, endoamp, SERMs. Anything that will pump you up, give you energy and focus, get your natural test production back to normal and keep it boosted as high as possible for as long as possible. You need to train every bit as hard during your PCT as you did on cycle if not harder. That's what seperates the men from the boys. Anyone can be a beast in the gym while on cycle but it takes real discipline to be an animal during your PCT.

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
Amen! There is no such thing as overkill in PCT. I couldn't agree more. Throw in everything. Creatine, nitric oxide, TCF-1, sustain alpha, endoamp, SERMs. Anything that will pump you up, give you energy and focus, get your natural test production back to normal and keep it boosted as high as possible for as long as possible. You need to train every bit as hard during your PCT as you did on cycle if not harder. That's what seperates the men from the boys. Anyone can be a beast in the gym while on cycle but it takes real discipline to be an animal during your PCT.
word.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
man you guys got me hyped for my cycle.... LOL good words of advice