Prolactin gyno, need help

1. Registered User

Prolactin gyno, need help

Hi mates,

So I developed a mildly bad case of of prolactin gyno during a superdrol cycle with nolva PCT this past winter. The condition remained all winter long, and nipples stayed sensative.

The past couple weeks I ran a Havoc cycle due to its effect on decreasing gyno (probably more likely estrogen). Durng the cycle the sensativity and lactation has gone away but I still have a lump under the left nip.

Now i'm about to start PCT of nolva, but was wondering if this was a bad idea. Should I go with clomid instead, and maybe run something with it(caber)?

Any knowledgeable opinions are appreciated!

2. Registered User

As far as I'm aware, SD isn't a progesterone so there should be no prolactin gyno. Also, havoc decreases your estrogen so it would have no effect on prolactin gyno. As far as nolva is concerned, you'll never get a straight answer on it. From my own use, however, toremifene beats the **** out of nolva. I never touched clomid because of its side effects and because I believe toremifene is better.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Nolva and Aromasin or clomid and aromasin. you could take caber if you think its prolactin related but Superdrol cant induce Prolactin sides unless you had naturally extremely high Prolactin levels and that combined with some sort of Estrogen rebound Post PCT because Superdrol doesnt aromatize either so it would lower estrogen on cycle and if you didnt taper of ur serm long enough you could have had your estrogen rebound
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.

At what point did the lactation/lump develop in relation to the SD cycle? During or after?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    4'6"  500 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sanchezgreg18 View Post
    Nolva and Aromasin or clomid and aromasin. you could take caber if you think its prolactin related but Superdrol cant induce Prolactin sides unless you had naturally extremely high Prolactin levels and that combined with some sort of Estrogen rebound Post PCT because Superdrol doesnt aromatize either so it would lower estrogen on cycle and if you didnt taper of ur serm long enough you could have had your estrogen rebound
    not necessarily... the way our hormones interact are far more complicated than that.

the best theories put forth about superdrol rebound gyno mention that it has to do with superdrol up-regulating one of the progesterone receptors i believe.

that being said prolactin and progesterone are not one in the same... both can cause symptoms of gynecomastia by independent mechanisms, progesterone causes up-regulation of estrogen receptors causing and increased sensitivity to the effects of estrogen, which is why drugs like nandrolone and trenbolone cause estrogenic side-effects despite not aromatizing to great degrees (nandrolone aromatizes at 1/3rd the rate of test, trenbolone does not appreciably aromatize)

with superdrol the progesterone receptor is up-regulated (sensitized) during cycle, therefore causing a cascading effect that results in an increased sensitivity to estrogen, superdrol itself acts as an anti-estrogen while you're on it as do all non-aromatizing steroids so when you d/c it your estrogen levels rise and have a powerful effect on a body that is now sensitized to their effects.

bam. you and my gyno... this is also why i think it's hard to recover from a superdrol cycle despite it being much less androgenic, and not estrogenic at all.

i had luck with aromasin and letro for mine, anti-e's will work for all types of gyno, as will androgens, proviron + aromasin worked the best if you can get a hold of some proviron, it is almost a pure androgen with little anabolic activity, but is weak enough that it won't cause too much shutdown (you could theoretically take it year round, with only a minor decrease in total test and an increase in free test)

nolva can also upregulate progesterone receptors if i remember correctly, it is contra-indicated for cycles including progestins like nandrolone, trenbolone, etc.
  6. Registered User

I got it during the fourth week of the SD cycle. I had lactation from both nipples but only a lump under one... either way it causes me to believe it was prolactin induced.
  7. Registered User

I've heard vitex and B6 are good as preventitive measures but i figure running them no couldn't hurt. Does anyone know a good dose to run vitex at?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    4'6"  500 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by athlete18 View Post
    I got it during the fourth week of the SD cycle. I had lactation from both nipples but only a lump under one... either way it causes me to believe it was prolactin induced.
    It very well may have been, but I really don't think it matters, breast tissue differentiation will not occur without a sufficient quantity of estrogen and an insufficient quantity of androgens.

So reducing one and increasing the other works regardless.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

You should prolong the PCT until the "gyno" clears. Think about higher dosage.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Pramipexole. Research it.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by onzero View Post
    not necessarily... the way our hormones interact are far more complicated than that.

the best theories put forth about superdrol rebound gyno mention that it has to do with superdrol up-regulating one of the progesterone receptors i believe.

that being said prolactin and progesterone are not one in the same... both can cause symptoms of gynecomastia by independent mechanisms, progesterone causes up-regulation of estrogen receptors causing and increased sensitivity to the effects of estrogen, which is why drugs like nandrolone and trenbolone cause estrogenic side-effects despite not aromatizing to great degrees (nandrolone aromatizes at 1/3rd the rate of test, trenbolone does not appreciably aromatize)

with superdrol the progesterone receptor is up-regulated (sensitized) during cycle, therefore causing a cascading effect that results in an increased sensitivity to estrogen, superdrol itself acts as an anti-estrogen while you're on it as do all non-aromatizing steroids so when you d/c it your estrogen levels rise and have a powerful effect on a body that is now sensitized to their effects.

bam. you and my gyno... this is also why i think it's hard to recover from a superdrol cycle despite it being much less androgenic, and not estrogenic at all.

i had luck with aromasin and letro for mine, anti-e's will work for all types of gyno, as will androgens, proviron + aromasin worked the best if you can get a hold of some proviron, it is almost a pure androgen with little anabolic activity, but is weak enough that it won't cause too much shutdown (you could theoretically take it year round, with only a minor decrease in total test and an increase in free test)

nolva can also upregulate progesterone receptors if i remember correctly, it is contra-indicated for cycles including progestins like nandrolone, trenbolone, etc.
    You have proof that superdrol upregulates the progestin receptors. Youre the first person to ever say that. besides that you restated points I already made
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.

I'd also be interested in some evidence that SD upregulates progesterone receptors.

This is the first time I've heard of lactating gyno that occurred during an SD cycle. Most gyno I've seen is related to SD is rebound due to inadequate PCT protocols.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

He's been off cycle for a great amount of time now. His problems are occuring due to the fact that his estrogen is still higher than his test levels. It is the classic properties of rebound gyno. He needs some prami and nolva and it will junk puch the gyno in a couple weeks.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  193 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisG View Post
    He's been off cycle for a great amount of time now. His problems are occuring due to the fact that his estrogen is still higher than his test levels. It is the classic properties of rebound gyno. He needs some prami and nolva and it will junk puch the gyno in a couple weeks.
    Yes, although be very careful with Prami, definitely research it before you start taking it and bumping up the dosages really quick (as some have and blacked out as a result).
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

LOW dose to start. its hardcore stuff. but good.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Prolactin gyno without estrogen
    By mcgeier in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 04:37 PM
  2. Gyno or prolactin?
    By SHaneA655 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-21-2009, 08:05 PM
  3. Prolactin gyno
    By orangejuice07 in forum Anabolics