Best Creatine to Keep Gains

MemphisTigers

Awards
Hey Folks,

This is my first cycle ever. Today is my last day "on" of a Primaforce Havoc cycle and PCT begins tomorrow. I have been VERY happy with my results so far...below is a quick breakdown of what has happened so far:

AM Weight Beginning Run: 168
AM Weight Today: 178

Cycle Info:
Primaforce Havoc @ 20/30/30/40
AI Cycle Support - 2 Scoops
Fish Oil and Multi-Vitamin

PCT:
Liquid Nolva (40/40/20/20)
DS Lean Xtreme - 3 Caps a day
AI Cycle Support - 1 Scoop

Diet:
Around 3k Calories a day - 331 Grams Protein.
Macros = 42% Protein, 34% Carbs, 24% Fat
I eat the same thing Monday - Thursday so it is pretty standard.
Friday - Sunday I eat what I want for Lunch and Dinner as long as there is a good source of protein. Breakfast and in between meals stay the same.

Now for the Question:

What creatine is most recommended for keeping the gains on and how should I run it? I am leaving for Mexico on a business trip this weekend and will be out of town for 2 weeks. During this time it will be very difficult to keep a good, steady diet like I am used to as I will be super busy and will also have to accomodate my colleagues' tastes.

I would prefer a good recommendation on a pill form of creatine. I heard the powdered form is preferred, but given the circumstances of my trip, I think a pill form would offer greater flexibility.

Any other help on what to do to keep gains on is greatly appreciated. Also, how much should I expect to keep on?

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like kre-alkalyn.. creatine mono made me bloat like hell and look puffy.. kre-alk makes you look pretty toned ..no bloat for me.. and it's pill form.

I don't know if creatine would help you keep the weight itself but it helps to keep strength and gives you LOTS of energy during pct as they tend to be low. So I think it mostly keeps your training intensity high and it's because of the high training intensity that will allow you to keep your gains.

You didn't mention if you'd still be lifting?

srykerman

Awards
you have a new set point with the added muscle and lower bf. the key to pct is keeping those gains. therefore you must train with same intensity and keep the same cals if not slightly higher the same as when you were on. keeping cardio to a min. if any! creatine will help with strength and use a n.o. product for workouts (i.e. jacked, n.o. xplode, etc.) i think you could get by with your nolva dosing @ 20/20/10/10 i.m.o. train naturally for awhile after pct to see what you kept and that will give your body enough time to adapt to this new set point that you have created. :)

MemphisTigers

Awards
I plan on lifting all this week and when I get back from my trip. I'll have a gym at my hotel in Mexico, but I am not expecting much out of it...I am hoping there will be at least a few machines that I can run through a full body routine 3 times a week just to maintain.

I guess I will just have to take my best stab at it, evaluate results, and modify accordingly the next time around.

I plan on having some bloodwork done when I get back. If all is well, I will likely run this compound again after adequate time off.

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
NeoVar is excellent. or like chocolatemilk said kre-alkalyn is another great supplement. look at them both and see what you think would accommodate you the best.

Best of luck on your trip

shizz702

shizz702

Awards
I personally like good ol' monohydrate best. Any kind from a decent brand will do imo.

Take 10 grams a day and you'll be good to go.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't use creatine, I'd use a cortisol blocker, or better yet igf1.

EDIT: NM saw your using lean xtreme.

MemphisTigers

Awards
Thanks for the advice guys. I've been looking into the kre-alkalyn and saw a lot of positive reviews on it, so I think I will give it a shot.

ianm4208

Awards
For future reference, try to cycle around these things. I go to Mexico for a week in a lil over 2 months. I leave the day after my pct. I don't know how much u travel or locations or the notices they give u, but it will benefit u most if u can work around the inconveniences of life to make and maintain some serious gains

MemphisTigers

Awards
For future reference, try to cycle around these things. I go to Mexico for a week in a lil over 2 months. I leave the day after my pct. I don't know how much u travel or locations or the notices they give u, but it will benefit u most if u can work around the inconveniences of life to make and maintain some serious gains
I did my best on this one...I preloaded cycle support in Toronto for 2 weeks...then the last 4 weeks I was on havoc...I have this week as my first week of PCT, then 2 weeks in Mexico, and one back at home. Needless to say, I spend a lot of time on the road.

Traveling with a career can be very rewarding; however, it is extremely difficult to keep to a perfect bodybuilding routine.

I had been debating for awhile when I would start a cycle, and kept telling myself I would find a time when the timing was "just right." Eventually, I determined that nothing is ever "perfect"...just have to work around it.

ianm4208

Awards
As long as u keep that in mind. Keep up the good work.