My Superdrol experience (a lesson)

Totenkopf

Totenkopf

Awards
I had everything worked out, my training was spot on, and at the time my diet seemed to be 100%, just controlled splurges on simple carbs every once in a while for bulking.

Was up from 180 to 195 in only two weeks. I continued the cycle for four more days, but saw no noticeable gains.

But then the trouble started. Apparently, I had undiagnosed and untreated IBS. Periodic bouts of pain, bloating, constipation, and diarrhea I just took as being par for the course when bulking, a simple consequence of eating in a caloric surplus. But it seemed that either upping my cals to 5k, or the superdrol, had made this worse, to the point it was damned near unbearable. I came off the SD and began PCT 4 days after the two week mark (my plan at the time was to just do 3 weeks anyway).

The trouble persisted after coming off into PCT. Day one of PCT I went to a clinic, who's only advice was to drink water and stop taking creatine. Needless to say I walked out. Three more days went by before I finally just said **** it and took a laxative. The undereating due to the pain lost me 5 pounds that week.

I've got it completely under control now, after switching to a modified form of the paleo diet. I had experience with the diet before, even doing short "keto runs" on a sort of CKD. I adapt quickly to Keto diets, and even when not keto dieting I have a hard time feeling normal without eating a good amount of animal fat. Even when I had the hypoglycemic sides on the superdrol, the best cure was a mix of protein and fat. The 5 pounds I lost I gained back within days of week 2 of PCT.

As an aside, and for the record, PCT went well. I'm two weeks out from it as of now, and I'm getting bloodwork next week. Cycle went like this
Superdrol 10-15/15/then 15 for 4 more days
Nolvadex 20/10/10, 40 on the first day.

I coupled this with a well researched on and post cycle support regimen, a post for another topic.

Sadly, my energy in the gym slumped all to hell beginning with the last week of PCT. My assumption is that this isn't necessarily due to post cycle crash, but likely due to the adaptation arc of the paleo diet. Apparently keeping
some of the carbs was slowing down my adaptation (1/3rd gallon of milk, and only 6 scoops of cytogainer a day). To speed up the adaptation, I've gone keto for the past week. Energy is through the roof, but my appetite is down (the only crappy side effect of keto dieting for me), and there is some difficulty in getting back in the gym at full steam in the middle of preparing for finals.

The difficulty of properly dieting with IBS has lost me 11 lbs of the gains; the 5 I had gained back were lost to not having the same vigor in the gym, the other 6 in the past week alone, bringing me down to about 184.

I'm reluctant to call the cycle an embarassing loss, though I can atleast say with a straight face that I went in well prepared, and am not worse off than I was before. Bloodwork in a week or so will attest to this.

In a way this is fortuitous. Though my fat gain was minimal, my gains from now on will be much leaner, even after I reintroduce a very controlled carb cycle.

Once a.) the next 3 weeks are up (On time 2.5, PCT 3 = Off time of 5.5)
b.) I get squeeky clean blood test results back
c.) I get adapted to this diet (if this takes longer than 3 more weeks, so be it)
d.) ALL three of these self imposed requirements are met

I'll be back on cycle again.

So the moral to my story is to expect the unexpected. Everything was planned and executed accordingly. The research prior lasted over a year, admittedly much of it being a casual curiousity and a desire to self educate so that I would be prepared for when and if the day came that I would decide to "live better through chemistry. The months leading up to the cycle were more intense, smoothing out final details and investigating all contingencies left uninspected. Then despite all of this, much time was lost due to me not realizing that eating "bodybuilder clean" (oats, wheat based breads, etc) with cheats on the weekend was not clean enough for my body.

pdredman72

pdredman72

Awards
very true!!the important thing most users miss is listening to their bodys and making adjustments or stoping!!thanks for sharing

Totenkopf

Totenkopf

Awards
Thanks man. The strange thing is the one thing that is tempting me isn't going on cycle prematurely, it's just junking it up and binging on crazy horrible crap to get my gains back lol.

I'm content to just call the cycle a wash, and take the time to adjust to this new diet, which is probably going to make me healthier and live longer anyway. Paleo is supposed to be great for liver values, heart health, and natty test, atleast in those that are suited for the diet.