comments on first injection

stillgrowin

Awards
Just wondering what everyone's first injection was like. I'm about to start my cycle but I just can't build up the courage to do it. Please let me know what to expect and your own first experiences. I know I'm a baby :(

Saint4Life

Awards
My first time the needle broke off in my leg.....!!!

stillgrowin

Awards
you must have been shaking more than me

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
First injection... I was sweatin bullets, and the whole process (from draw to pull the needle out) took about 30 minutes because I had to keep consciously making myself relax, now... gimme about 5 minutes and it's done. Where do you plan on putting your first shot will help with any tips for that specific injection. Honestly, they are fun and enjoyable after a while :D

ManBeast

NE1

Yea the first is the worse...i wasnt nervous at first, but once the needle got in and I saw how hard i had to push on the plunger, i started get nervous....shaking, breathing hard, had to lean up against the wall...closest ive ever came to a panic attack...but like man beast said...it gets enjoyable after a while....i look forward to injections now.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
first one took me forever, I was sweating like a pig. Now I don't mind them at all, something to look forward to (If only I could get my GF to see it that way I'd be in paradise, lol) :eek: :D

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My doctor lets me draw my own blood for bloodwork, so pinning was nothing new for me.. ;)

stillgrowin

Awards
First injection... I was sweatin bullets, and the whole process (from draw to pull the needle out) took about 30 minutes because I had to keep consciously making myself relax, now... gimme about 5 minutes and it's done. Where do you plan on putting your first shot will help with any tips for that specific injection. Honestly, they are fun and enjoyable after a while :D

ManBeast
I'm planning on going in the glutes. I've checked spotinjections.com and I'm pretty sure of what to do, just a little hesitant. I'll let you guys know how everything goes.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I would do quads for a first. very easy to do and you can see what your doing.

My first went easy (gave lots of shots to animals before so nothing new). It was about my twelth shot that got me. found out what it was to hit a never.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Did I mention that I now push the needle in slowly? head that advice

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Man, I would suggest glutes for a first shot. I would lay down and kick a leg over, Ive just hit too many nerves doing my quads before and its not fun :(

FLY

Awards
My best friend is a phlebotomist (that person who draws blood at the hospital). I had her give me my first injection. She told me everything that I needed to know about injecting and now it's easy. No more sweating bullets. I actually get really excited when it comes time for my next injection.

ruffneck

ruffneck

Awards
Fly....not flaming but phlebotomists don't know alot about injecting. All they do is stick a needle under the skin into a vein and draw back blood. They don't go into the muscle. Not saying that she didn't know what she was talking about because they probably see a bunch of nurses give shots.

dingling

Awards
After long deliberation, I went into my tiny ass bathroom and very slowly and unsteadily stuck the pin in my glute. I was so nervous about aspirating, I pulled it out after about 30 seconds without injecting anything. I worked up my courage for about an hour an did it again, actually injecting the stuff this time. My ass was damn sore from moving the pin so much due to an unsteady hand. Quads are much easier for me.

punk

Awards
My first shot was just 50mg/1ml deca in my delts. took the needle, my hands started shaking, i was nervous, after about 10 mins just bumped the needle into my delt(left arm) and just aspired, no blood , then slowly injected and removed the needle. kept a cotton swab on it and yeah, i was the happiest man on earth!! u know it feels really really excited after u have done u'r first shot successfully. All the best, don't get nervous if u r goi' to do it. It's just nothing(just feels like an ant bite thats all), all it takes is courage.

JerseyDevil

Awards
The anticipation is far worse then the actual shot. You'll be pleasantly surprised that the pin doesn't hurt at all going in (use 23/25g pins). Although the glute is the best spot for an injection, since you are nervous, it will make this already awkward area even harder. I think the quad, is the best for a first time shot, since you can use two hands. Plus, it is much easier to concentrate. Use the upper, outer thigh. Less nerves and veins then inner quads.

Tiabin

Awards
So how do most of you avoid hitting a nerve (aside from prayer)? Any tips there? :)

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So how do most of you avoid hitting a nerve (aside from prayer)? Any tips there? :)
Just poke slowly, once you feel a sharp pinch ease off abit.. Then, ease back in until you don't feel it anymore.. If the pain gets to be too much, poke in another spot.. ;)

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
First cycle was entirely delts. I only shot there and had absolutely no problem. My first ever shot was a long one since i was rattled but it definitely gets easier and better with frequency of injections. Rotate sights of injection.... make it a habit of taking each step while shooting, and you will have no problem.
Sage

serengo

Awards
The first time was glutes and I thought my hand turned into a sewing machine.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Just poke slowly, once you feel a sharp pinch ease off abit.. Then, ease back in until you don't feel it anymore.. If the pain gets to be too much, poke in another spot.. ;)
yep, that's about all you can do. Had my last inject for this cycle the other day (cyp ester) but I swear I was gettting so pissed because I kept hitting more nerves in my pecs the past few weeks, grrr :mad: I like pec injects, they're so damn easy, but I was hitting nerves more and more each time. Maybe my aim is bad (my GF may have said that in the past, so who knows?) :D

orvise

Awards
bro delts or quads for first would be best.Make SURE you warm up the vial
before you shoot makes it much much easier.

ChrisB

Awards
I haven't done my first yet. But after reading about others experiences for over a year now, I think it will go smoothly.

jimmy

Banned
Awards
I still can't get used to seeing the little bit wasted at the bottom of the dart.

stillgrowin

Awards
I finally did it. Left glute. I was shaking like a leaf once it got in. Just took my time and injected it slowly. I'm just wondering, is it supposed to not hurt at all. I swear if I wasn't looking I wouldn't have even known it was in. I did have a little anxiety during/after the shot but now I'm just excited to see results. Thanks for all of your help guys.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
no they usually don't hurt at all.........until the day or so after :D

What type/brand of gear are you using? Prop may hurt you the first cycle (or any cycle for some) and really anything with a high BA content will usually be sore as hell the next few days, esp at first.

stillgrowin

Awards
i'm using omnadren 250 its starting to knot up pretty good now. I can't wait until tomorrow