Olive oil suspension without BB and BA

westniles

Awards
I know that the BB and BA are mainly used as preservatives for the methyl 4ohn solutions, but if you didn't use them, then how long could you store the oil for?

Skark

Awards
  • Established
What you should do is buy a scale so you can just mix what you need for a single cycle. 1Fast has a nice one for $80 that will serve this purpose.

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
Please do some research before attempting to homebrew. Looking at what you just said, I'd say you'd have a great chance of getting an abcess or worse. BA & BB are cosolvents as well as protect against bacteria. The filtration is the main step for purification but the BA & BB are needed. I'm not trying to sound lika an a$$, but hombrewing injectibles is a serious ordeal. It is easy, but if you just rush into it and leave things out you can hurt yourself.

westniles

Awards
What you should do is buy a scale so you can just mix what you need for a single cycle. 1Fast has a nice one for $80 that will serve this purpose.
Yeah you are right. I am just a poor bastard though.

dingling

Awards
Please do some research before attempting to homebrew. Looking at what you just said, I'd say you'd have a great chance of getting an abcess or worse. BA & BB are cosolvents as well as protect against bacteria. The filtration is the main step for purification but the BA & BB are needed. I'm not trying to sound lika an a$$, but hombrewing injectibles is a serious ordeal. It is easy, but if you just rush into it and leave things out you can hurt yourself.
I believe he is speaking about an oral solution.

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
I see. In that case BB & BA aren't needed at all. I just haven't seen those two mentioned when discussing an oral. My mistake. :eek:

westniles

Awards
Oh no way man, I will leave the injectables to sledge!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know that the BB and BA are mainly used as preservatives for the methyl 4ohn solutions, but if you didn't use them, then how long could you store the oil for?
I made my first oral M1T with X-V Olive Oil that may have been in my cupboard (room temp) for quite a while. It remained there for a while after making solution (couple more weeks at room temp) and then used it over a 4 week period. I guess the question is how long does it take for oil (whatever oil of choice) to go bad at room temp. If looking to store for long periods of time, I would still advise storing powder not in solution.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
ok well you need the ba and bb to help dissolve the m4ohn in the oil, its also acts as a preservative. i know cottonseed is good for 2-3 years. olive oil usually stays good for quite awhile also , but i dont know an exact amount of time.

nsruffryder34

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I didnt use any bb or ba in my olive oil solution at 5mg/ml ..... probably will need it at any higher concentration but mine has been stable for awhile.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didnt use any bb or ba in my olive oil solution at 5mg/ml ..... probably will need it at any higher concentration but mine has been stable for awhile.
I got 10mg/ml w/o ba or bb. Did take some work getting it in, but once in, it never fell out (6-8 weeks).