Measuring powder

1. Measuring powder

Is there any way to measure 250 mg of a 1 gram powder besides a scale?

2. No. Different powders are different densities, so there's no accurate scoop or anything. You have to weigh it.

3. I wouldn't do it but you could simply take the 1g and divide it into 4 equal portions. Each portion would be 250mg. I'm sure you'd have some amount of error.
    •   

4. Quote Originally Posted by candle25
    I wouldn't do it but you could simply take the 1g and divide it into 4 equal portions. Each portion would be 250mg. I'm sure you'd have some amount of error.
    That is exactly what I was tempted to do. I am sure it could be quite off, but how much?

5. You could use a microscope and individually count out the particles, assuming they are the same size you could do it in a few days j/k

6. Quote Originally Posted by bigmark1972
    You could use a microscope and individually count out the particles, assuming they are the same size you could do it in a few days j/k
    Thats an excellent idea!

I am thinking that the chem lab scale at my college will do just fine.

7. How bout spending $50 for a scale. Everything nowdays comes in powder form and a scale is a very useful tool to have around the house.

db

8. Quote Originally Posted by db682
    How bout spending $50 for a scale. Everything nowdays comes in powder form and a scale is a very useful tool to have around the house.

db

Where is a good place to get a scale?

9. Quote Originally Posted by groundfighter
    Where is a good place to get a scale?
    www.1fast400.com

10. Do a search for scale. I posted a thread some time ago.

I wouldn't divide it by hand on potent compounds. That would be dangerous. Get a scale with at least 0.01g or 10mg precision - a cheap $13 analog scale would work.

11. You can get a Lucky 11 analog gem scale for $10. Thats what I use. Its accurate to 10 milligram increments. It sucks for measuring out large quantities because only 5 grams will fit on the tray, but it's great for small quantities.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Scale for measuring powdered supplements?
    By bakerwil in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 08:14 PM
  2. How to measure PH powder?
    By jediclampet in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 02:50 PM
  3. Bulk Cissus Powder measurement
    By Gator762 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-03-2006, 08:35 AM
  4. measuring bulk ph powder