Ever been called out?

dpfisher

What do you say to something like that?

I haven't taken any serious mass gain cycles so I'm not big enough for most people to get suspicious, but I saw a guy in one of my classes get called out today. He's in good shape, but he's got absurdly huge biceps that seem to be growing at an astronomical rate. He walked in and someone just yelled "STEROIDS". He just sat down, started eating a sandwich and let the guy get bored of heckling him.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
i ignore it and laugh it off. natty or not, this lifestyle takes dedication and the majority of the population will NEVER understand this.

johnnyjuice

johnnyjuice

Awards
  • Established
i ignore it also,there are a lot of haters out there.

purelife1

if you train eventually you will be called out...just let it go in one ear and out the other

Dkerce

Dkerce

Awards
ive been called out by my neighbor and the lady that works the front desk at my gym as well as my girfriends sister... im not even that big but i did put on 20 lbs on a cycle and my neck grew an inch or 2 lol. i specifically remember her asking why my neck got so big. i didnt have an answer other than i started eating more. personally i take it as a compliment because i get accused on or off cycles.

MarBaSxx

MarBaSxx

Awards
  • Established
most people are ignorant to what someone that is on steroids looks like. Ive had people ask me for years....even when i was alot smaller. Ive never had someone heckle me though..i think that would be dumb of them. Most people dont talk **** to someone 6'3 250 but who knows..There are many things you can do to combat them. If someone yelled steroids at me Id just give them a bicep pose and ask them if they were jealous.

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
ive been called out by my neighbor and the lady that works the front desk at my gym as well as my girfriends sister... im not even that big but i did put on 20 lbs on a cycle and my neck grew an inch or 2 lol. i specifically remember her asking why my neck got so big. i didnt have an answer other than i started eating more. personally i take it as a compliment because i get accused on or off cycles.
I don't see how anyone could possibly think a 6'2" 184lb man is on steroids.

Dkerce

Dkerce

Awards
i was 210 then and i know 184 is pathetic for me right now

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
i was 210 then and i know 184 is pathetic for me right now
Awww, yeah I was gonna say, 6'2" @ 184 and getting accused of juicing doesn't sound right. Although 210 isn't very big either(Im 215/220'ish and I don't look big at all lol, just tall and skinny imo)

tim1985

tim1985

Awards
  • Established
LOL oh **** people are getting called out in this very thread
I wasn't really trying to call him out, I was just stating that it seems strange that someone that size is getting accused of juicing is all. He actually weighed 20+lbs more at the time he was accused so that made a bit more sense to me.

Noshotgun4

Awards
I just got called out yesterday by a family friend. I just gave him that puzzled look and said I was just eating and working out more. Basically blew him off like he didn't know what he was talking about, and I think he bought it. I'm nearing the end of a cycle where I gained 20lbs, and it keeps getting harder to hide the obvious from my wife and co-workers. Wearing loose or baggy clothes works pretty good for me.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
I would do what your friend with the stupid looking biceps did and ignore everybody, if not laugh at them.

My favorite part about this whole topic is that people will take steroids and then totally deny it because they don't want other people to negatively judge them for any number of reasons society associates with steroid use (e.g. using an illegal scheduled substance, using a breast cancer treatment to stimulate testosterone production, risking their long-term health, foregoing legality concerns, being so vain that they need steroids to feel good about themselves, and the list goes on and on and on).

I am neutral on the issue of performance enhancing drugs. Do whatever the hell you want, just don't try to pass yourself off as natural and simply genetically superior to everyone. It's really fun to watch people who clearly abuse steroids try to deny/hide it from everybody else -- it's unbelievably entertaining and the psychology surrounding that kind of behavior is interesting.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My favorite part about this whole topic is that people will take steroids and then totally deny it because they don't want other people to negatively judge them for any number of reasons society associates with steroid use.
If you are talking to someone who is a bodybuilder, no reason to hide it. If you are talking to someone who has no idea what a barbell looks like, you are better off just denying it. The uneducated would attach way to many judgements to it that it would be beneficial to deny it and move on.

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
i get called out at work all the time. i just ya i take roids sit on the couch eat pizza drink beer and watch my muscles grow.it alot better then working out every day.

nyoung807

Awards
  • Established
I'm gonna try that one. I got called out yesterday by this dude at work. "You look like youv'e been poppin' them steroids boy". i just laughed and told him that i been eatin my Wheaties. Who cares what other people think anyway.

Andy G

Andy G

Awards
Awww, yeah I was gonna say, 6'2" @ 184 and getting accused of juicing doesn't sound right. Although 210 isn't very big either(Im 215/220'ish and I don't look big at all lol, just tall and skinny imo)
It's not so much the size of a person on one given day that people question, it's how quickly so and so went from this size of point A to this size at point B. There are some all natty monsters out there, but they're in their 40's and have been dedicated their whole lives.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
I'd just let the guy heckling sit there and I wouldn't say anything. If someone feels the need to act foolish and say something like that then they're more than likely jealous. So take it as a complement. My entire last semester at school I worked with two guys that constantly called me "steroids". They didn't know anything but just were upset by the fact that they were my height just 40lbs lighter:) And it might have had something to do with the fact that one of them's ex gf *who is an extremely hot redhead, talked/talks to me all the time. What the hell ever, people are going to say what they will, but it doesn't matter just keep lifting.

I'm not against steroids (obviously) I'm just against people using them irresponsibly, which I used to see a lot in college. And that's the only reason I would ever call someone out myself.

I was also called out by an ex gf months after we broke up a few years ago (While on my first cycle of EPI). She looks at me and says "Are you on something you look bigger" and then proceeded to try to hook up later that night. I just told her she'd never know and I'm more interested in girls that keep themselves up now. It pissed her off but whatever, she deserved it for constantly badgering me about creatine being a steroid.

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
when I was closer to 220-225 I was at Gold's and during peak hours, from across the gym a buddy of mine screams at the top of his lungs... " Hey man ... You on Juice ? "

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
I think people say **** more on the basis of seeing someone gain 20lbs in 4 weeks then heckling someone purely for size. My friends always say **** out loud in the gym or when i walk into a room with others u just gotta ignore it. or say something that will make them feel mad stupid, completly unrelated to steroids.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
just laugh it off. i get called out at least once a week, and yeah know what? let them hate. sometimes it is funny the **** people come up with. and answer i give when people ask though and you can tell they are just being an ******* is " oh i'm sorry for having superior genetics." or this is my favorite " sorry the best parts of you ran down your father's leg."

the best one i heard was from my own cousin. he goes, my god, your arms are huge and veiny. your busting out of your shirt. when does your next package from turkey arrive? i should know i mean i am your lawyer.

just let them hate.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
the best is when they just stare and are too afraid to say anything to ur face :D

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yeah it happens but I don't care. it's my body my choice I don't pay attention to them

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I did in high school but I went from 160 to 180 using weight gainer and andro gel lol GNC was the place back then selling Andro

It's so hard to tell what people "look like they should weigh"

You could be 190 but look like 210 depending on how you carry it.
true, at 230 I looked 200 and it pissed me off haha

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
true, at 230 I looked 200 and it pissed me off haha
back way back when i was 195 and looked 180, now im 205ish and ppl think im 230......f ucking crazy how ppl carry weight/muscle different

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
I got called a health freak by some chick at my old work that looked like she was a meth user since leaving the woom

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
A lot of people at work call me "Roidy". I'll walk in and am usually greeted by a few "What's up roidy?"s. Its funny... I just laugh it off and say nothin much, just eatin some roids.

The public ones are the funniest though. I was at some big sub place all the college guys go to grab some food, and there was a table with about 15 or so scrawny looking college kids. As i was walking out the door i heard someone blurt "STEROIDS!", sure enough i looked over and all eyes were on me. My friend thought it was hilarious...

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
i ignore it and laugh it off. natty or not, this lifestyle takes dedication and the majority of the population will NEVER understand this.
^^^This. Couldn't have said it better myself. Reps to ya bud. :thumbsup:

Cheers!:cheers:

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
I just point to the guns and say "No, these are what you get when you actually have normal sized testicles. Get a pair someday and see for yourself." Or something similar along those lines. =D

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I am neutral on the issue of performance enhancing drugs. Do whatever the hell you want, just don't try to pass yourself off as natural and simply genetically superior to everyone. It's really fun to watch people who clearly abuse steroids try to deny/hide it from everybody else -- it's unbelievably entertaining and the psychology surrounding that kind of behavior is interesting.
Depends man, in an open gym its not exactly wise to admit to using an illegal substance. To a friend, yeah, to john and bill you just met at the gym....and they ask you, and you find out after answering that they are an off duty fire fighter and cop...yeeaah, some might not care(I know there are a decent amount of cops who juice) but if they happen to care, you could have issues.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I would do what your friend with the stupid looking biceps did and ignore everybody, if not laugh at them.

My favorite part about this whole topic is that people will take steroids and then totally deny it because they don't want other people to negatively judge them for any number of reasons society associates with steroid use (e.g. using an illegal scheduled substance, using a breast cancer treatment to stimulate testosterone production, risking their long-term health, foregoing legality concerns, being so vain that they need steroids to feel good about themselves, and the list goes on and on and on).

IMO.

Your making several assumptions, generalizing and stereotyping.

I dont believe your neutral at all. I actually believe you have issues with steroid users, specifically, the ones that are bigger than you. :)

Just my 2 pennies brah.

farrellzach

farrellzach

Awards
I've never used steroids before, but because I'm dedicated, and I watch my nutrition, and I've put on 20 lbs since mid Jan., My girlfriend is convinced I'm juicing. Which is cool, it's a complement to me.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
I've never used steroids before, but because I'm dedicated, and I watch my nutrition, and I've put on 20 lbs since mid Jan., My girlfriend is convinced I'm juicing. Which is cool, it's a complement to me.
Hey I put on 50lbs in a year...went from 225 to 275 using natural stuff (AN Supps mostly) coupled with great training techniques and most importantly a great supporting diet, so it can be done the natural way for sure. You don't need to juice to put on size. Even if you do use PH's/real gear you still have to bust your ass and be dedicated to put on the size. Regardless of what you do...dedication, diet, and training are still what dictate your results. Real gear and PH's just make things a bit easier and help achieve results a tad faster than natural stuff, but no one should ever mistake real gear and PH's as being magic and doing everything for you and that is a common misconception. To get real results you still have to nut up and put yourself through hell...there is no such thing as doing it the easy way.

justeat

justeat

Awards
  • Established
im not natural... but id say gear/phs do more then a "tad" bit, and yes you should have the lifestyle down to gain from them but when u take a pill and your lifts all go up 20 pounds in a week idc how well ur diet is--- u juicin.

farrellzach

farrellzach

Awards
Hey I put on 50lbs in a year...went from 225 to 275 using natural stuff (AN Supps mostly) coupled with great training techniques and most importantly a great supporting diet, so it can be done the natural way for sure. You don't need to juice to put on size. Even if you do use PH's/real gear you still have to bust your ass and be dedicated to put on the size. Regardless of what you do...dedication, diet, and training are still what dictate your results. Real gear and PH's just make things a bit easier and help achieve results a tad faster than natural stuff, but no one should ever mistake real gear and PH's as being magic and doing everything for you and that is a common misconception. To get real results you still have to nut up and put yourself through hell...there is no such thing as doing it the easy way.

And that's how I try to explain it. I guess with other things I'm not as dedicated, but when it comes to bodybuilding, I couldn't try harder. People just don't understand that what we do isn't just to "stay fit" it's a total lifestyle and when you're in your zone with nutrition, training, and supplements (ph's or otherwise) results happen.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
i actually got called out when i was 20 and natty. I had been smoking since i was 16 and decided i was going to quit cause i was doing everything right in the gym and i just couldnt gain weight and i didnt want to juice quite yet so the final and last vice (smoking) i had i let go. AND I EXPLODED in size i gained a ton of weight really quickly, not all muscle but none the less a ton of weight. I got called out by everyone who knew me and over and over i tried explaining the effects of smoking on metabolism, eventually i just gave up, when i do get called out now i just ignore it.

Most people calling anyone else out doesnt have the training, discipline, diet, and attention to detail that other bodybuilders do, i think its mostly a jealousy thing. The guy yelling that **** is just gonna be that loser in the stands at games yelling at the athletes and throwing his beer at them, not worth ur time at all.

ianm4208

Awards
All the time. I vary on my answers, given the audience. I'm a pretty honest person, so I will admit it to anyone one on one, but when I walk in somewhere and they yell ****, I just brush it off. They will never appreciate your hard work once u start juicing tho. Kinda sux. I personally don't like the topic when talking to strangers, so I don't retaliate, it just prolongs the akwardness

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Bottom line:

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
It's so hard to tell what people "look like they should weigh"

You could be 190 but look like 210 depending on how you carry it.
Exactly. I've had people guess my weight at 40-50 pounds more than I actually am. I get asked if I'm juicing occasionally, and its a compliment since I'm natural (at the moment).

robxxxxxx69

Awards
Hahaha... I got called out for roids just cause I was busting a** in the gym all the time, and get really vascular on the arms. It's normally just idiots who don't know sh*t.

Yeah, I'm 6'1" @ 190lb....

Is it just me that thinks it's funny that they make this in a small size?
what i think is funny is how ****ing small the guy is wearing the shirt in the pictures lmao

tWack

tWack

Awards
  • Established
WHen I get called out, I put on the biggest smile possible, and say: "WOW thanks man, do you really think I'm that big.. those hardcore cardio-sessions must be working!"

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
"It's all that time I've been putting in on the stationary bike" lol...