inaccurate detection times???

theslime

Awards
Hi,

I'm a competing athlete who gets drug tested two or three times a year so I really need to know when to stop to make sure I'm clean when I'm tested. I looked on many websites and I found inconsistencies in detection times. For example, primo would stay in your system 4-5 weeks if you look at

http://www.anabolicreview.com/detect.php or if you look at the steroid faq of bodybuilding.com

However, if you consider other sources it could take up to 5 months:

http://www.anabolicsteroidspharma.com/detection-time.htm and
http://www.steroidtips.com/detection.htm

Who is right??? I also looked everywhere for detection times of clomid, nolva and hcg and found nothing. Could anybody help?

size

Awards
  • Established
It you are concerned with detection times then you MUST take fast acting drugs.
Ideally, the drug of choice would be testosterone suspension or prop.

theslime

Awards
Thanks for the advice, but if I do use test prop or susp I still need to use clomid, nolva and hcg. And as I said, I have absolutely no idea what the detection times are for these.

size

Awards
  • Established
I find it unlikely that nolvadex or clomid would be tested for as they are not performance enhancing agents.

dickwootton

Awards
  • Established
id have to aggree with "size" in that clomid nolva and hcg do not necisarily enhance preformance
Dick

theslime

Awards
I know clomid nolva and hcg don't increase performance but they are banned anyhow. They are on the IOC banned substance list. I'm sure they test for it too, positives have even resulted from consumption of pot, which definitely doesn't increase performance. Therefore, taking test prop wouldn't solve the problem unless I didn't take clomid after (or if I knew how long it stayed in the system for detection)

size

Awards
  • Established
6oxo

To avoid all the concern, simply do not use anything on the list

theslime

Awards
Sorry size, but is this a serious answer?? I hoped for something more creative.

boomr

Board Supporter
Awards
i read on basskilleronline.com, a link to detection times including pct stuff.

clomid was 5 days, it also has clen and arimidex there.

theslime

Awards
I read the info from basskilleronline.com too, but the info of 5 days detection time for clomid isn't in there. What it says is that clomid has a half-life of 5 days, but half-life and detection time are two different things from what I understand. For example, the half-life of D-Bol is 4.5 hours, while its detection time is 5 weeks...I appreciate the help though.

size

Awards
  • Established
Sorry size, but is this a serious answer?? I hoped for something more creative.

I am being completely serious.

Detection times that you will read are only estimates. Bodies break down metabolites at different rates and numerous factors determine the detection times.

boomr

Board Supporter
Awards
your right, my bad i didnt see it change sections when i scrolled. the detection time list was lower...oh well

enzo

Awards
I am no expert on detection times but I do know the faster acting drugs like winstrol, suspensions, orals, and anything else suspended in water is going to get out of your system faster. Anything that have to take on a regular basis, say 2-3 times per week is short acting so your kidneys break it down much faster. One thing to keep in mind though, is if you are shooting oil based products the are pretty much time released. I would rub the hell out the area you shoot to help with absorbtion b/c the faster the absorbtion, the faster you break it down. I am also sure it has something to do with the faster acting esters versus say a deconate. I would stick with winstorl, suspensions, and orals to be absolutely safe. I knew a few "want to be pros" that would stop taking the injectables say 3 months before the contest and use some creatine plus diuretics to make the kidneys turn things around faster a couple of weeks before the drug test. You could always come off the drugs and take some of the prohormones of which they have no tests for yet, like m 4ohn or methyldien. From what I understand that is how the baseball guys got around some things is they did not have any tests for tgg or whatever steroid they were taking.

Enzo

SonOfThor

Awards
Which raises a good question: M5aa, Mdien, and M4OHN : Do these drugs have metabolites that can show up in an IOC-style banned substances test?

SonOfThor

Awards
Care to elaborate? My understanding is that these were relatively new substances that have not been used/abused in recent history until now...

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
They all metabolize into something that the IOC tests for.

enzo

Awards
Just curious, if they all convert into something, what about m-4ohn and methyldien, what do they convert into. My understanding was they were an active metabolite of thier own. What type of drug were the athletes taking that were not showing up on drug tests. It was tgg, the whole thing that got this started. I read on espn they have no way to test for this drug. I could see 19-nor coming up as nandrolone but how about these other two.

Thanks,

Enzo

enzo

Awards
Okay, we need someone with some knowledge of conversions to go to this link and figure out if any of the ph convert to a banned substance.

Here is the link. It is a pdf file. Go to the bottom to see the list of all anabolics. It also mentions you do not have to be clean but 1000ng/ml of blood. That seems high to me but someone else let me know.

http://www.idrett.no/ftp/pdf/wadaioc20012002.pdf

More specifically m-4ohn and methyldien. What do these convert to. some of these are no brainers like 19-nor, 1-t ect.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
slime, if your testing is unannounced (like what I assume is how proper testing is conducted), how do you prepare to be clean??

theslime

Awards
Unannounced drug testing only happens rarely. Most of the time, if it is unannounced, the testers come to find you at your training center, they don't just ring at your door (although this can also happen). One strategy is to vary your training hours and training places to avoid unannounced drug testing when you are doing a cycle or until the drug has cleared the system. The other alternative is to do training trips with the specific purpose of using these steroids. After a trip, most of the gains could be maintained by using undetectable substances like Gh, insulin or IGF (although I'm not 100% sure IgF is undetectable). Finally, the last idea, would be to not be a member of any federation (for one or two year) while using steroids and then to only become a member once you've cleaned up. I know a few people who've done it successfully.

JohnnyB

Awards
Bro if it's that tight, why even take the chance of getting caught?

JohnnyB

theslime

Awards
It's a sad situation but the truth is that if you want to live from your sport ($$$) there is no other way. It's even impossible to crack the top 20 without it. You have to take risks if you want to succeed.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
M5AA will cause a rise in DHT which would show on a test, or it would scew the test /epitest ratio. MDIEN as far as i know is not tested for and they cant. but I am not 100% sure.

M4OHN i would assume would show up as nandrolone, as that is what it is, although modified.

enzo

Awards
M5AA will cause a rise in DHT which would show on a test, or it would scew the test /epitest ratio. MDIEN as far as i know is not tested for and they cant. but I am not 100% sure.

M4OHN i would assume would show up as nandrolone, as that is what it is, although modified.
Sledge,

Does that mean it will take up to 18 months to clear your system or what.

Enzo

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's a sad situation but the truth is that if you want to live from your sport ($$$) there is no other way. It's even impossible to crack the top 20 without it. You have to take risks if you want to succeed.
Slime out of curiosity, what sport are you in anyway, track and field??

SonOfThor

Awards
What about 1-test or m1t? They test for that **** too? I know it's "old" but still...

BigTEX

BigTEX

Awards
What about 1-test or m1t? They test for that **** too? I know it's "old" but still...
Yea I'd also like to find out the detection times on M1T.
I've never taken any AAS's before. I did a short M1T
cycle (my first and only) this past March (3 months ago).
I was thinking that since it's legal and OTC that it would
be OK to take. Wrong....turns out that the power lifting
meet (drug tested) that I was planning on competing in,
will test for 1-testosterone and methlytestosterone.
I have a shot at one of the state records, but looks like
I may have to wait until next year.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Yea I'd also like to find out the detection times on M1T.
I've never taken any AAS's before. I did a short M1T
cycle (my first and only) this past March (3 months ago).
I was thinking that since it's legal and OTC that it would
be OK to take. Wrong....turns out that the power lifting
meet (drug tested) that I was planning on competing in,
will test for 1-testosterone and methlytestosterone.
I have a shot at one of the state records, but looks like
I may have to wait until next year.
When is the competition? If it's already been three months i would guess that you would be fine. I don't know for sure though but was under the impression that it would get in and out pretty quick.