H.r.t

JPAFL

Awards
I recently went to my doctor and had some blood work done. I have not used steroids before. However, I am a 19 yr old male with a free test level of -240. The doctor said he couldnt belive that my last doctor had overlooked this and that I may need to see a endocrnologist. #1 he wants to find out what it is... he said it could be a tumor in my putiritary gland. #2 a whack in the nuts as a child. #3 some type of brain trama. I am wondering if anyone knows about stuff like this... like how long might i need to be on therapy..ect. Thanks.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
There are many causes for low testosterone levels, you say you haven't messed with steroids, but have you used prohormones or anything targeted at muscle building (outside of protien, creatine, and the like)? And yes, HRT is forever.

ManBeast

JPAFL

Awards
I messed with one cycle of S1+/nolva. However, this was after my blood test not before. When I found out my test levels were so low I was more concerned then my previous doctor. Now hopefully I will be receving HRT. I will be getting an MRI soon to find out if I have a tumor. I wonder how much this HRT is expected to cost... i have a $10,000 deductable on my insurance.

size

Awards
  • Established
Good luck finding the problem mate. I hope it is nothing serious.

On a side note, HRT is not a dosage level that will be on the level of a real cycle. It is typically just a low dose of testosterone once every 2 weeks. However, this should make a difference in how you feel overall.

JPAFL

Awards
Thanks, I just want to have atleast normal gains in the gym. Hell i worked out 2 yrs w/ the testosterone of alittle girl aparently... anything will be better then what I had.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
well, based on your avatar, your T levels may be low - but your heads in the right place. or at least your head WANTS to be in the right place. :l

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
I started HRT about a year ago (33 yrs and my level was like 180). I've done both the transdermal (300mg/day) and cyp injection (75mg 2X a week). The price is a problem, my primary doc doesn't do or believe in HRT so I had to go out of network, I have been looking into switching for a couple of reasons. 1.) Price $400 every 2 months and 2.) They go through a compounding pharm and I constantly have to send batches back because they are crashed or gluey looking. I have been looking into www.allthingsmale.com, He seems to be alot less expensive he has a forum over on the mesomorphasis.com board (http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9), I think its something like $200 for the consult and blood work and then $100 for a bottle of real upjohn cyp. Good luck with the MRI's.

JPAFL

Awards
What was the problem that created your low test levels ? just curious.. also thanks for the links.

size

Awards
  • Established
allthingsmale is owned by Swale, i believe. He is a very good guy who is extremely educated and wise in this area.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
allthingsmale is owned by Swale, i believe. He is a very good guy who is extremely educated and wise in this area.
Yes he seems to be very good with the hrt, the only problem is I still have to seem my primary guy for a physical and he is being a pain about sending my medical records to swale.

What was the problem that created your low test levels ? just curious.. also thanks for the links.
I don't have a clue why, sometimes it just happens i guess.

JPAFL

Awards
Yeah, sometimes it does just happen. Have you had a MRI done ? A tumor (non-cancerous) in the pituitary gland can often cause the problem. I have a feeling my doctor isnt going to want me to have a endocrnologist work on me before he diagnoses what the cause is.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, sometimes it does just happen. Have you had a MRI done ? A tumor (non-cancerous) in the pituitary gland can often cause the problem. I have a feeling my doctor isnt going to want me to have a endocrnologist work on me before he diagnoses what the cause is.
I didn't even have one done, my doc never suggested it. Now that I look over your thread and the causes you doc listed maybe I should mention it to him. I spent alot of time as a teen and 20 kickboxing, maybe somebody knocked something loose :)

size

Awards
  • Established
Jeff...it may just be that you are slighly older (early 30's) that other causes may have been overlooked.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
Jeff...it may just be that you are slighly older (early 30's) that other causes may have been overlooked.
That could be. Could also be that when I had the test done it was late afternoon, didn't eat anything all day, had a 1 month old baby that was letting me get only about 2 hrs of sleep at night....., the levels can vary with so many variables. On the plus side, since I have a script it makes it easier to cruise between cycles now
;)

JPAFL

Awards
yeah test levels can be 35% higher in the morning. I am looking forward to a script very soon.

JPAFL

Awards
One more thing. I am very prone to acne I wonder if the endocrinologist can prescribe effective meds for that.

ruffneck

ruffneck

Awards
JPAFL just wondering what your hieght and weight is? Try to find out what is causing the problem before you jump into replacement therapy.

azgymrat

Awards
There is a place here in the Phoenix area, The Vitality Institute (I think), or something like that and they compound 4Ad in a transdermal patch to treat it. May not be much help for long with the looming ban though.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
There's a lot of spooky chemicals that one can get exposed to and it can send hormose levels all over the chart.

Dioxins and xenoestrogens are showing up in a lot of water supplies and are thought to have cascading effects on the endocrine system.

I haven't been tested but I wouldn't be suprised to find that I'm hypogonadal. When I did my first cycle of PH I felt better than I had in my entire life. Mood, energy, endurance were so significantly better it made me wonder. I'll find out in a few weeks after some blood work.

JPAFL

Awards
So true bioman. FYI: Aspartame is the leading cause of putitary tumors in lab rats. Also there are no active studies of aspartames effects on humans being done.

JohnnyB

Awards
19 is young for HRT. When I was put on HRT I seen the doc every 3 months, this to check for any abnormalities in the prostrate(cancer). So doing it over the internet isn't the best way to do this. Find a good doc that will work with you on this, it is for life.

JohnnyB

JPAFL

Awards
There are ways to arrange the prostrate screenings with locals and have the results sent to ur internet doctor. However, I agree 100% that it should be a face to face type deal.