unlike most people, I CANT gain weight...will PHs help?

Morgasm

Awards
Hello everyone, I am 22 years old and i only weigh 136lbs. I have been working out for more then 2 years now and I mean i've SMASHED...only to gain a little cut but im still small. I went to the Dr. and my testerone levels are normal so i dont know what the problem is...I eat like crazy and i drink cytosports "cytogainer" after workouts which is high in protein and ive already been through 6 or 7 of the big containers of it...so I came across reading about prohormones and recently I purchased a bottle of H-drol and a bottle of liver support and maybe this will do the trick. If not I guess im screwed....BUT my main question to people who have experience here is what all do you actually NEED when taking a PH....I've been reading non-stop for the last month on different ph's and everything but I just want to know what all I need to do to try this out.....oh and if anyone has any other tips throw them at me. thanks

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
Let's see ur diet. Please post a break down of each meal for a typical day.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not unlike most newbies who post on AM, you have no idea how to eat for weight gain. Don't even go near a PH until you have your "manorexia" fixed with 5000+cals a day for a couple of years.

Morgasm

Awards
well im not gonnna lie im more picky then most people...but some of the things I DO eat are high in protein...but I usually eat first about 10 or 11 am and usually its on my lunch break so its a chicken sandwich (meat and bread only) and an order of fries. ( I eat alot of fast food which I know is not good, but you would think I would be FAT by now lol). After that I eat again at about 2 or 3 pm and usually it is anything from a burger and whatever side to something like 12 buffalo wings. After that I eat again around 6 or 7 and usually that is just one of them party pizzas I throw in the oven and eat the whole thing. When I finish that I go work out for about 2 hrs and then I come home and drink my protein which is about 54g of protein and about 570 calories I think. The last thing I eat is just a snack before bed, usually just a peanutbutter sandwich with some chips.....Sometimes the meals change a little but for the most part I eat pretty much any meats but I dont like any veggies whatsoever :-x

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
well im not gonnna lie im more picky then most people...but some of the things I DO eat are high in protein...but I usually eat first about 10 or 11 am and usually its on my lunch break so its a chicken sandwich (meat and bread only) and an order of fries. ( I eat alot of fast food which I know is not good, but you would think I would be FAT by now lol). After that I eat again at about 2 or 3 pm and usually it is anything from a burger and whatever side to something like 12 buffalo wings. After that I eat again around 6 or 7 and usually that is just one of them party pizzas I throw in the oven and eat the whole thing. When I finish that I go work out for about 2 hrs and then I come home and drink my protein which is about 54g of protein and about 570 calories I think. The last thing I eat is just a snack before bed, usually just a peanutbutter sandwich with some chips.....Sometimes the meals change a little but for the most part I eat pretty much any meats but I dont like any veggies whatsoever :-x
well...ur diet sucks just FYI. burgers, fries, wings, a chicken sandwich, pb sandiwch? come on dude. and where the **** is breakfast?

heres my diet for a typical day:

breakfast:
bowl of special k or oatmeal
6 whole eggs

10am:
granola and yogurt or a 1/2lb fruit salad

1pm:
1 1/2 lbs salad with a full chicken breast
includes: onion, olives, artichoke, kidney beans and chickpease
with low fat baslsamic dressing

330pm:
protein shake consisting of 50g protein at 220 cals and 1g of carb

615pm: dinner
steak, chicken or fish
with: baked potato, brown rice, or whole wheat Barilla protein plus pasta
mixed vegetables or another salad

830: post workout
50g protein shake

1030:
chicken breast or can of tuna

you gotta eat every 2-3 hours kid.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well...ur diet sucks just FYI
We should create an automated script for the forum. If someone asks Why can't I gain or state I cant gain weight, it makes them enter what they are currently eating, and unless its over a certain amount of calories and a proper amount of protein/carbs/fat it should just say "fix diet" this would get rid of most of these threads.

Morgasm

Awards
well yall dont have to be douchebags im trying to get help thats why I came here. Im trying to find out why I dont gain weight at all becuase even disregarding the fact that my diet is not the best, I should be gaining weight weather it be fat or what have not. If I were to ask you how to become fat what would you tell me? to eat a bunch of fast food....but thats not what im trying to do im just here for suggestions on what i need to do or eat to put on some weight i can turn into muscle...if your going to be an a$$ just dont reply

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
i cant help it.....but i sh!t turds that weigh more than u.

FOOD FOOD and MORE FOOD!! ur clearly not eating enough and STEROIDS are not the answer.

u say uve downed a million tubs of cytogayness or whatever.....havent u thought maybe it doesnt work for u?

stick to the basics:
beef
fish
chicken
rice
whole wheat
veggies
oats
protein shakes that dont contain 100,000 grams of sugar per serving

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well yall dont have to be douchebags im trying to get help thats why I came here. Im trying to find out why I dont gain weight at all becuase even disregarding the fact that my diet is not the best, I should be gaining weight weather it be fat or what have not. If I were to ask you how to become fat what would you tell me? to eat a bunch of fast food....but thats not what im trying to do im just here for suggestions on what i need to do or eat to put on some weight i can turn into muscle...if your going to be an a$$ just dont reply
The reason you don't gain weight at all is because you don't eat enough. A steroid won't change that, it might give you slight short term gains of a couple pounds that will disappear at the end. You need to raise your overall calories. How exactly you do that is up to you. Healthier food is better, but if you want it to be from fast food, whatever, thats ok too. Add more healthy fat to your diet, add more protein, add more carbs. Really doesn't particularly matter a ton at the beginning. If you want something simple, with each meal take a tablespoon of olive oil and drink it. boom you've added 135 calories per meal. Or add extra rice, or oatmeal or whatever to your meals, or to an early breakfast.

And the reason some people are posting what they are is because its tiring to hear over and over "I'm a hardgainer, I eat everything I can, which steroid should I use" and when they are asked what "everything I can" entails, its a pretty low amount, like with yours. Steroids alone won't have you gain significant mass, and if you are only eating what maintains 136 pounds then even if you got to 140 from steroids, as soon as they were done you'd drift back to 136 since that is all you are eating enough to maintain. Your caloric needs get higher as your weight goes up, so learning to eat more is the only way this will work out for you. Otherwise, be happy with the body you have.

Morgasm

Awards
Ok I get what you mean. Thanks easy for being considerate. Like I said that's why I'm here to get help. I thought I was eating alot because everyone tells me that everytime they see me I'm eating and wonder how I'm still so small. But I'm going to start eating more healthy foods and more of it. Thanks man

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
you cannot gain weight without gaining weight.
you will only gain weight by taking in more calories than you burn.

yes, with a supramaintenance diet you will gain some fat with the lean. that's how it works, unless you believe (i don't) in "lean bulks" which take 20 years to gain 2lbs.

a diet was just posted that had no fast food listed, although occasional fast food is easy calories. you need to face the fact that you're not eating near enough and WORK as hard at eating as you do at lifting (if you do work hard at that).

join fitday.com and track your intake for a week. you'll get an idea of your maintenance. then post your numbers here and we'll see how we can double your intake.

mmk64

Awards
Aside from the fact that you don't eat, what is your training like?

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
dude nobody is being a douchebag. we're trying to help you. i posted a diet which you can base things off of. people r makign suggestions to u but u r going to need to accept some criticism to get where you wanna go. yeah ur diet sucks, plain and simple. but fix it. that's what we are trying to help you do. you want to gain quality weight, not become a 200lb blubber ya no? eating burgers and eating as little as you do, will just simply not do it. you should eat quality, small meals 5-6 times a day, in addition to your shakes. if you wanna be dedicated to gaining weight, set your alarm for 230am-3am and wake up and eat then go back to sleep. all these little changes you can make, can do a world of a difference.

Cdubya

Awards
As soon as I saw the topic for this thread, I laughed and said, here we go again!

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
I am 207 and 9% bf and here is my daily diet:

meal1:
4 whole eggs
6 egg whites
4 slices ww bread
1 cup of 2% yogart
1 6oz glass 2% milk

meal2: (homemade weight gainer)
60g protein
1 cup oats
.5 tablespoon mac nut oil
.5 tablespoon flax seed oil

meal3:
9oz of chicken, 93% lean ground beef or fish
1 cup oats
28g almonds or peanuts if lean protein eaten

meal4
repeat of meal 2 or 3 depends on what office I am at

meal5 postworkout
40g whey isolate
80g waxy maize

meal 6 45-1hr afterworkout
9oz lean protein like chicken or tilapia
1cup white or brown rice
20g almonds or peanuts

meal7 before bed
8-9oz 93% lean ground beef
or
8-9 oz chicken with 20g almonds

see how much I am eating!!!! Big difference from u. What u need is a food log and a digital scale.

Morgasm

Awards
Yea man I understand you. Like I said I came here for help and at first dudes were being a$$wipes but I mean I didn't know that I wasn't eatin enough. I thought I was lol. I'm gonna start eating more and taking more protein shakes throughout the day.

taze13

Awards
Yea man I understand you. Like I said I came here for help and at first dudes were being a$$wipes but I mean I didn't know that I wasn't eatin enough. I thought I was lol. I'm gonna start eating more and taking more protein shakes throughout the day.
Eat real food, and stick to 1-2 shakes a day.

Also I can guarantee you aren't 21, you sound like you're 16-17. Stay away from steroids for a good 5 years.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
raise how much you eat slowly. Don't try and slam an extra 1000 calories tomorrow, because you''ll add fat pretty rapidly. Just try to add 200 or so for each day, and then next week maybe bring that to 300 or 400 above where you are now.

And BEFORE changing your diet use fitday.com or the diet tracker here for a week to look at what you really are eating calorie wise. That will make it much easier to figure out what you need to add.

Morgasm

Awards
Ok man thank you. And I really am 21 I'll be 22 at the end of the month. But thanks for the tips. I'll start eating better and once I get some size on me Ill consider the hdrol

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You needed help and we spoon fed it to you. We're only kidding around because we see 4-5 of these threads a week it seems. For future reference, try searching and reading up - all these questions have been answered multiple time before.

citystreets

Banned
Awards
  • Established
okay listen do this, Target nothing less that *50g carb - 50g protien - 20g fat* 5 times a day. Eat like that for a mont hand you should get some results. I hate to break it to you but with your current diet, any gain you make on hdrol will dissapear the moment you stop taking it because you dont have the calories to maintain the extra muscle.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Does being a **** to someone who is asking for help make you feel better about yourself?
no, but it lets newbs know that they shouldnt come here expecting us to approve immature and ill thought out cycling ideas.

i was also helpful in my post.

does it make u feel better to be a member for 7 years and only have 71 posts...and one of those posts pointlessly calling out another member?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok man thank you. And I really am 21 I'll be 22 at the end of the month. But thanks for the tips. I'll start eating better and once I get some size on me Ill consider the hdrol
Hey i was 125lbs at your age and a wrestler with super high metabolism so i know what you are going through but it is possible to go up in weight. I worked with a trainer and nutritionist when i wanted to move up in weight classes (naturally) because i was competing. I really encourage fitday. I"ve shown fitday to a ton of people and none of them were really aware of what they were eating how many calories etc till logging for a week. Certain foods are gonna make you feel full quicker etc find your maintenance and just try adding say 300 cal a day ontop of that then move to 500 in two weeks etc until you start gaining.

ahendi

Awards
no, but it lets newbs know that they shouldnt come here expecting us to approve immature and ill thought out cycling ideas.

i was also helpful in my post.

does it make u feel better to be a member for 7 years and only have 71 posts...and one of those posts pointlessly calling out another member?
Lololololol I could have 6000 posts too if I didn't have a life and trolled the Internet all day. Not really something to be proud of IMO.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Lololololol I could have 6000 posts too if I didn't have a life and trolled the Internet all day. Not really something to be proud of IMO.
im in college. i go to class and workout.....what else should i be doing?

Morgasm

Awards
Yea I know mixedup that's how I am I have a super high metabolism. Thanks for the advice though I'm going to check out this fitday hopefully it'll help

kyoryoko

Awards
Hey liftingstud. How do you eat your oats?
Cooked? Milled? And do you add any sugar, fruits, artificial sweeteners etc?

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Adding beer to the diet might add the weight and get you the physique your going for lmao. You need to do more than add a few protein shakes to your diet...read the posts again and research a better nutrition plan for yourself. would assume that your 2 hour workout needs to be fine tuned as well..

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
I love how people treat people. Most normal people don't have the time to eat 4 or 5 prepaired meals. Lets see we have a job, kids, wife, a house, and this thing called life. Stop with this you have to eat more food. You guys don't have a clue. Some people can eat all day and not gain weight. Just train hard, take some protein drinks. And in time you weight should go up.
i have two jobs, go to school, have a life and train. and i eat 6 times a day. its not realy that hard when u prepare everything in advance and bring a cooler. dedication brother.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love how people treat people. Most normal people don't have the time to eat 4 or 5 prepaired meals. Lets see we have a job, kids, wife, a house, and this thing called life. Stop with this you have to eat more food. You guys don't have a clue. Some people can eat all day and not gain weight. Just train hard, take some protein drinks. And in time you weight should go up.
"Some People have a life"

I have a job, quite an active social life as well. Previous to graduating college I was taking 18 credits worth of classes as well as working over 40 hours a week. At the same time I was in a serious relationship (still am) and an active social schedule with my friends. I still got my meals.

See the problem is, you typed "Most normal people don't have the time" when I think you meant to type "Most normal people have no real sense of dedication."

As to your comment of some people can eat all day and not gain weight, they are not eatting enough. 200 meals of 5 calories is still only 1000 calories. If people ate often and ate right they would gain weight. As for size going up without eatting large, it doesn't happen.

I see your new and would love to welcome you to the bored, but people in your mindset are usually short lived on forums.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strong second post :Eyecrazy: Without excess calories theres no weight gain. The math there is simple. If you maintain at X calories, taking in more will have you gain, taking in less will have you lose.

Morgasm

Awards
Yea it is hard to eat that much but I'm going to try to every chance I get. I have a full time job. A 2 1/2 year old. Go to school and workout so yea it's hard but I'm trying my hardest. Gotta get it in somehow

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yea it is hard to eat that much but I'm going to try to every chance I get. I have a full time job. A 2 1/2 year old. Go to school and workout so yea it's hard but I'm trying my hardest. Gotta get it in somehow

Yes i work have two kids that i got to bring to daycare, karate, swimming classes etc so my time is limited the thing that helps me alot is preparing enough food for like 3 days. If you cook several pounds of chicken at a time you can just freeze it and divide it into meals and tupperware, You can make several peanut butter sandwiches ahead of time too for snacks. Use frozen veggies so you just have to microwarve. If i tried to prepare 6 meals a day i would run out of time too. I'm used to eating the same meals alot so it's easy just to cook up a big portion and then put into tupperware for the day/ You have the right attitude and i'm sure you'll find a way to make it work.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I didnt read anything from this thread but here is my 2cents anyway buy a ten pound tub of gainer, eat pasta and chicken add some jogging, squats and push ups then report back in two months. PH will not help if your diet and training is lacking :p as you'll lose everything during pct and lack of lifting knowledge after :p

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
LOL I run a business, work my ass off physically, have a wife, studies and my workout to do. What your saying is retarded. NO ONE can eat all day and not gain weight...unless they have a giant tapeworm. That is unscientific bs. We are all pretty dedicated here and manage to do it...we are not independently wealthy and able to just eat and work out every day...grow a pair, buckle down and put in the effort. Its not a diet plan its a lifestyle.

Morgasm

Awards
I mean it's a diet plan to an extent. But I agree it's a lifestyle you gotta get use to cause I'm not use to it I havnt been living it like I should have and apparently that's why I havnt gained hardly anything out of it. But I appreciate the tips and advice from everyone. Now I have a better picture and idea of what I need to do. Sry if the question sounded dumb at first. But like I said I'm gonna start piling down the food and the RIGHT kinds of food with 2-3 shakes a day and I'll report back in a few months I'm sure things will be alot diffrent.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly as well, the 6 meals a day thing is mostly nonsense and broscience. There are enough studies out there showing no significant difference in body composition between 3 meals and any higher number. Going below 3 there is some difference, but not as huge as you would think. This is counting on all 3 meals being solid food. The only plus to higher number of meals is that its possible that if trying to lose fat you deal better with being slightly hungry all day than going from mostly full to totally hungry waiting for the next meal. But for bulking's sake theres basically no advantage.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
Does being a **** to someone who is asking for help make you feel better about yourself?
Hey anyone that knows how to use the search function can find tons of info in this topic w/o making a new thread. Nos is probably just tired (as am I)of people not using the search function and expecting to be spoon fed info.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
LOL I run a business, work my ass off physically, have a wife, studies and my workout to do. What your saying is retarded. NO ONE can eat all day and not gain weight...unless they have a giant tapeworm. That is unscientific bs. We are all pretty dedicated here and manage to do it...we are not independently wealthy and able to just eat and work out every day...grow a pair, buckle down and put in the effort. Its not a diet plan its a lifestyle.
I actually thought I had a tapeworm for a long time lol I eat every hour pretty much from wake up to sleepy time :439:

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Honestly as well, the 6 meals a day thing is mostly nonsense and broscience. There are enough studies out there showing no significant difference in body composition between 3 meals and any higher number. Going below 3 there is some difference, but not as huge as you would think. This is counting on all 3 meals being solid food. The only plus to higher number of meals is that its possible that if trying to lose fat you deal better with being slightly hungry all day than going from mostly full to totally hungry waiting for the next meal. But for bulking's sake theres basically no advantage.
easy i may be wrong but i thought there were studies showing your body can only digest so much protein etc at one sitting thus the break up of meals into 6 over 3 so you can spread your macros out over more meals? but i dont' know alot of science i just know I like more meals than fewer just because of the bloated feeling etc when trying to take in 2x as many calories at one sitting

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
easy i may be wrong but i thought there were studies showing your body can only digest so much protein etc at one sitting thus the break up of meals into 6 over 3 so you can spread your macros out over more meals? but i dont' know alot of science i just know I like more meals than fewer just because of the bloated feeling etc when trying to take in 2x as many calories at one sitting
There are studies showing how much whey or casein yes, and whey generally is about 3 hours at 10g an hour, with casein being 6-7g/hr for 8 hours. But a 7oz steak takes a long time just to pass through your stomach, so effectively it is a longer time of feeding protein into bloodstream. Roughly depending on source your body can use from 6-12 g an hour. so something that would last and be being digested for 6 hours could easily be anywhere from 36-72g of protein and all get used. Thats why I was specific as to it being whole foods :)

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There are studies showing how much whey or casein yes, and whey generally is about 3 hours at 10g an hour, with casein being 6-7g/hr for 8 hours. But a 7oz steak takes a long time just to pass through your stomach, so effectively it is a longer time of feeding protein into bloodstream. Roughly depending on source your body can use from 6-12 g an hour. so something that would last and be being digested for 6 hours could easily be anywhere from 36-72g of protein and all get used. Thats why I was specific as to it being whole foods :)
thanks ej i'm always trying to learn more to tweak my training and having people on here like you is a great help.

h2bEK

Awards
Here is a tip for everyone who "can't gain weight", Hang out with a guy whos 200+lbs and eat the same amount as often as he does and see if that doesn't fix your problems.