Increasing DHT levels

Broly

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here it goes.
Is there any advantage in terms of body composition or gym performance by increasing our DHT levels without using anabolic steroids? (increasing 5a-reductase enzyme comes to my mind when I ask this) If there are some, what are they? And how can we do it?
Once again, sorry if I'm not posting in the right place.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here it goes.
Is there any advantage in terms of body composition or gym performance by increasing our DHT levels without using anabolic steroids? (increasing 5a-reductase enzyme comes to my mind when I ask this) If there are some, what are they? And how can we do it?
Once again, sorry if I'm not posting in the right place.
I know DHT has it's benefits,but isn't it one of the nastier substances as far as side effects?? hairloss, prostate enlargement,acne ect>

Jordinator

Awards
  • Established
I've wondered this too. I like some aspects of DHT, like reducing estrogen. I did some searching but it seems as though everyone just wants to reduce it.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've wondered this too. I like some aspects of DHT, like reducing estrogen. I did some searching but it seems as though everyone just wants to reduce it.
Yes I don't want to end up a big bald guy with prostate problems and acne.

Broly

Awards
  • Established
As fas as baldness, I think it difers from person to person, it's something genetic: if you have a genetic tendence in your family to be bald you're more likely to be bald. As far as prostate issues I guess that's also related to estrogen, at least I've read that somewhere around this forum. Acne, is something that a little skin care can deal with.
And I'm talking about pushing our natural DHT production to our biological limit, not to take some exogenous source of DHT or Testosterone that can be 5a-reduced to DHT, and take it over an healthy range.
Plus, if DHT were that nasty M-DHT wouldn't ever been used (of course it is exogenous source, but you know what I mean)

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Broly

Awards
  • Established
6-oxo? But all it does is inhibiting estrogens formation, wich is one of the good things that me and others are looking for by boosting DHT levels. And if I'm thinking right, the presence of an exogenous AI won't reduce the production of our bodies' AI (DHT)?

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i read a 6-oxo trials from years ago. After 6 weeks of 600 mg. per day, the majority of the testers doubled their testosterone levels and nearly tripled their DHT levels. also stinging nettle is supposed to increase free dht. just a thought brother sorry i couldnt be of more help but theres not alot of info out for raising dht.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
of course mmv2,stanodrol are always an idea.:)if you dont mind a prohormone.

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Hum, that 6-oxo thing sounds interesting, as well as the stinging nettle increasing free DHT. As for the epiandrosterone (the active ingredient or the other name for the compound on stanodrol and mmv2) of course it's good for a DHT boost, but I'd like to keep myself as near as possible of my endogenous production of DHT then from exogenous sources;)
Anyway, thanks for the help brother;) unfortunatly I also know it's pretty scarce the info about increasing DHT levels, hence I've created this thread to see if we could gather more info;)

Jordinator

Awards
  • Established
I've heard trans fats can increase DHT. Perhaps CLA might work? Probably never been studied for this effect though and I don't even have a source for the trans fat DHT at the moment.

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Hum, that would be interesting to see a little bit more explained, but it's always good to bring the ideas to debate:) Someone might know something about that one:D

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
keeping this bumped for ya.;)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DHT is what winny + all of the other "lean dry gains" steroids are derived from so that should give you some idea of what you'd expect in body composition change by maximizing it. Also would give more strength gains. And you were more or less correct as well on the baldness and prostate.

what is sort of interesting is that there is a little evidence that its some part of the conversion of test to DHT that is a part of the issues as some of the few medical studies on directly injected DHT showed less sides than making the same equivalent amount of DHT from conversion from test. One college even did a study on using DHT for TRT. I need to go look for that again. Study ended winter 2008, I don't recall it ever being published tho.

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the studys about prostate cancer and its relation with DHT, EasyEJL;) They sure explain a lot of the general concept that "DHT is bad because it causes prostate cancer" in a structered scientific manner:)
So as far as the advantages of increasing natural DHT production, they sound really good, specially if someone is trying to do a cut or boosting strength without gaining much weight:D It sure is a petty there's no specific studises about substances that we can use to boost DHT as we se for testosterone (tribulus and zinc supplementation studies come to my mind).

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never really seen any. That doesn't mean there aren't natural supplements that will do it, but that since people believed that DHT causes prostate issues its just not a popular thing to advertise. I'm going to look next time I have some spare time tho :)

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
As mentioned previously Stinging Nettle should increase free DHT levels. The nice thing too is that it is protective over the prostate, so you should see less prostatic problems associated with high DHT levels.

Broly

Awards
  • Established
EasyEJL, unfourtunatly you're right, the myth that DHT is the bad guys leads to the most of the companies to abandon the real truth behind this myth and let them selfs go by the easy way wich is giving the costumer whatever they want to take based only in what they hear:(
Yes, and the fact that you stated that it helps too to protect the prostate makes it sound like a very interesting compound. I've also read on this forum that it is the Divanil on it that makes it increase the DHT levels, wich makes easier to us to go directly to the chemical that makes the stinging nettle do it's wonder:D

Broly

Awards
  • Established
C'mon guys! 'Till now we already found some evidences about Divanil and Stinging Nettle that they could help us to boost our DHT. Let's keep our eyes open to some other stuff that can boost this wondefull androgen:D

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
DHT isn't used in HRT. Its a no go.

Steriod/PH The One. Trifecta stack has a DHT PH.

6Oxo in particular supposed to be very "alpha male".

Otherwise its the same as boosting test. Boost test boost DHT unless your using PH/steriods

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Otherwise its the same as boosting test. Boost test boost DHT unless your using PH/steriods
So what you're basicaly saing is that any benifits that could come from boosting DHT using the same methods (and by this I mean natural supplements) as the ones used to boost testosterone will only have, proportionaly, the same impact in our body composition as test boosters have. In other words, you say that it won't make much of a diference doing it the natural way, is that it? (I'm asking this because my english is not that good, so I might have misunderstood what you're trying to say;))

liquid

liquid

Awards
  • Established
I've heard trans fats can increase DHT. Perhaps CLA might work? Probably never been studied for this effect though and I don't even have a source for the trans fat DHT at the moment.
Higher fat intake can lead to more test, and more test can lead to dht. *indirectly

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Liquid, you're right when you say that a high fat diet can increase testosterone production (by supling the body with base components to produce it), but that test can be either converted to DHT or estrogen, and my main question here is how to increase or stimulate our body to put DHT production in first place between those two;)
Bboyflash, I've seen some studies about creatine increase the DHT:testosterone ratio, but I never looked at it deeper because I'm a non-responder to creatine (it doesn't give me much more than a very slight boost in strength, but nothing measurable and this is only after 3 weeks "on", so I guess it's much more from training than from creatine itself). But still, thanks for mentioned that one, if it wasn't for you I'd never remember that "creatine fact";):D

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Well HRT never went down the DHT route. You can't boost DHT without converting it from test otherwise. Davinil is your best bet and saw palmetto a no go, otherwise you are into PHs.

So what you're basicaly saing is that any benifits that could come from boosting DHT using the same methods (and by this I mean natural supplements) as the ones used to boost testosterone will only have, proportionaly, the same impact in our body composition as test boosters have. In other words, you say that it won't make much of a diference doing it the natural way, is that it? (I'm asking this because my english is not that good, so I might have misunderstood what you're trying to say;))

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Hum, I see what you mean by that, and if we look further into the whole process, since the DHT that came from the testosterone as an AI-like properties it can increase the amount of testosterone being converted into DHT by "inhibiting" some estrogen conversion. Am I right in this line of thought?
So Divanil is my best option, and Saw Palmetto is something to avoid in this atempt to boost DHT levels is that it? Btw, wich is the best product out there in terms of amount of divanil and its purity? Because only ones I've seen is either TestoPRO or Activate Extreme, and as for their effectiveness in test/DHT boost I don't know much of them.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Yes.

I3C or DIM
Resveratrol

are all natty means of boosting test/controlling estrogen. This will lead to an increase in DHT. Personally I'd look into the LG Sciences PH using DHT - I think its very mild.