Illegalizing prohormones

MuscleResearch

MuscleResearch

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I looked briefly and couldnt really find anything I was wanting answered so if this is answered already in a post somewhere I apologize and feel free to flame away. : )

Anyways I am aware of the fda crack down on andro dione. But what do you guys feel is the time frame before the rest of the PH's get banned , if they do at all. Any insight inthis. Will it be a long drawn out process like 1yr or more or pretty soon. I have read were some were saying 3-4 months but they were also selling ph so I think they might have just been trying to push it. I kind of think it could happen rather quickly, especially after the ephedra thing and now andro but at the sametime people have been saying that ph's are going to be banned any time now since 1998. So I just thought I would try and seek a real informative non biased opinion

-MR

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
I do sell Phs so you may consider mine biased but I was orignally planning on Aug. to be safe, now with the way everything has been pushed through I am afraid it may be sooner then that. I higly doubt a year although that would be great as I have a few more ideas I would love to do.

The best thing to do know would be to fax your representatives(better then emailing) or email Rush Limbaugh because he seems to be taking a stand on the fact that the FDA and Govt should not be controlling supplements.

There is no way we can stop the ban at thi spoint but if we could just delay it by a few months that would be great.

supermanstanley

Awards
This is soo screwed up.......the goverment should be worried about homeland security!! But it could happen within two to three months. But, who knows for sure.

MuscleResearch

MuscleResearch

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I appreciate the responses. Is there any good place to go to be able to stay on top of the news on how it is progressing.

-MR

MuscleResearch

MuscleResearch

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You know, I was thinking what we need to do to gain even more support and unification is to unify the boards on this matter. I mean If you are one of those guys that will never even touch a ph and u dont give an F about them this still affects you. We are loosing more and more rights everyday. Everyone should take a stand on this if you care about your civil freedom. Maybe if some of the mods here could get together with some of the mods and admins at the different boards, Vipbb, mesorx. cuttingedge, etc etc. And some how make a unification on this subject. WE could maybe get a lot more attention from the members and maybe be able to get more people to take action by writing their members of congress and whom ever else that it may take. Could you imagine what it would be like if the BBing community actual came together and were able to reverse the course of an issue like this. Do you know how much legitmacy that would give our community...

What do you think about an effort along these lines.. Brutal honesty only please : ) I can take it

I would even be willing to give discounts on igf if members were writing letters. We could work out something.
-Lee

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Lee,
I like your idea.. I know I have seen several threads like this one popping up more and more.. and as you said, if we stand together then we have a bigger voice. I don't know if we could pull it off to get all of the boards together but it would be good if we could

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Since there are two major bills that seek to ban PHs, both of which have wide support its pretty much the end of the PH business. IF the ban is instituted via a bill in congress it should probably take about 4 months to even a year or more. What would bring a ban on sooner than that would be IF FDA bans PHs based on a finding of harm..as they did with ephedra. Either way the future looks bleak.

A gathering of all the BBing tribes would be great as a unified front is sorely needed. I think the PH user needs to step up to the plate as the PH manufacturers (present company excluded) have put decidedly more effort into screwing each other than lobbying congress to any appreciable extent.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I think what will happen is that regardless of if the bill passes or not the FDA will do the same thing they did with ephedrine. My guess is this will happen in about 2 to 3 months. By banning just androsten. they are positioning themselves to get rid of all of it. The supplement companies have shown them that they will roll over like a puppy for a milk bone for the FDA. Once they ban prohormones I think they will get more arrogant and start banning other things such as creatine. I read in the Boston Herald someone close to the bills banning prohormones literally said if it works we will find a way to ban it. If they win I think you could see the United States looking like some European countries were you literally have to get a prescription to get vitamin c. If the supplement companies were smart they wouldn't have stopped lobbing the government and fought the ephedrine ban with everything they have got. Even if they lost it would tell the government that if they try anything in the future that they will have a tough fight and that there is some unity there.
Maybe if some of the mods here could get together with some of the mods and admins at the different boards, Vipbb, mesorx. cuttingedge, etc etc. And some how make a unification on this subject. WE could maybe get a lot more attention from the members and maybe be able to get more people to take action by writing their members of congress and whom ever else that it may take. Could you imagine what it would be like if the BBing community actual came together and were able to reverse the course of an issue like this.
What you have proposed is the only way that we could win. The sup. companies have dropped the ball in a big way. It's going to take a unified large number of consumers to win this fight.

azgymrat

Awards
I'm starting a million man march on Washington? Well, would you believe 100,000? 10,000? 1,000? Would you believe... one skinny dude with a pea shooter? How about one frickin politician with balls, to stand up and actually read the constitution - yeah, I know, better chance of the million man thing than that!

MuscleResearch

MuscleResearch

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well what are we going to do. Lay down. Do nothing? I think some of us need to watch brave heart and get fired up : )

But really. Mods, Admins.. What can we do. I know alot of you know alot of other people on other boards. I mean really. U know out of everyone that is on this board everyone knows someone or is connected some how to mods and admins and members at every bb board on the net. Can we start contacting some of this other boards and organizing something. Maybe a new board dedicated just to this fight with supports and links on every bbing board going to this new board. Just throwing out some ideas

-

E-Swift

Awards
Ephedrine was never banned, ephedra was. You can still buy ephedrine hcl legally.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I'm starting a million man march on Washington? Well, would you believe 100,000
That would be awesome. 1,000,000 or even 100,000 big ass monsters protesting around D.C. would scare politicians at the very least.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
you can also buy ephedrine sulfate legally as well.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
I like the idea of a protest or something. Does anyone have any access to any forms of media

newspapers
magazines
TV/Radio?

I think if we can get the word out to the masses, this could work

Unifying the boards would be cool but it would be difficult IMO...

Im in thats all I know.

h19

orvise

Awards
all this is going to do is turn alot of people towards real gear!