short prop cycle

quakebks

Awards
i have seen alot of talk about these short prop cycles like 4-6 weeks. what gains have been seen when ran this short? thanks

quakebks

Awards
what are you using, just prop? what dose protocol?

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
Why would you want to run such a short cycle of prop? it takes a few weeks to build up. That defeats the purpose of running an injectable, the idea is to be able to stay on longer and have less harm done to your organs.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
you dont hold that much water wait with prop.

for the first 14 days i ran 175mg ed. nothing else.

ive backed it down to 100mg ed now.
u will at higher doses. its physically impossible to put more than ~2.5 pounds of muscle on per week....and this is while on AAS.

ppl see 10lbs in 2 weeks as "all muscle" because glycogen is being forced into ur muscles along with water retention...thats why u get a huge pump and feel more dense, but it doesnt mean its muscle.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
u will at higher doses. its physically impossible to put more than ~2.5 pounds of muscle on per week....and this is while on AAS.

ppl see 10lbs in 2 weeks as "all muscle" because glycogen is being forced into ur muscles along with water retention...thats why u get a huge pump and feel more dense, but it doesnt mean its muscle.
:box:for dropping science

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
There is no "scientific proof" that you can't gain more than 2.5 pounds of lean mass in a week. It's very unlikely, but it's never been proven impossible as far as I've seen.

And yes, most of the rapid gains seen at the beginning of cycles is going to be the result of increased glycogen retention.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
i ran 6 weeks prop with 5 weeks pplex... did pretty well.. my weight skyrocketed and was all over the place... my main goal on cycle was strength tho and i accomplished that... i kept all my strength through pct.. lost alot of weight though.. kept about 6 pound of solid mass thru pct.. but i solididied what i had and added some good density to my muscles.. i then cut 10lbs kept all my strength gains through the first 5-7 pounds i lost.. once i dropped below 10% though( i was on e/c/a with lots of carido)my strength declined a bit.. still stronger then when i had started tho.. so 6 weeks after my pct was over i was down 4 pounds body weight from where i started before my cycle.. my muscles were denser and bigger and i was still stronger then where i started.... id say it was a succesfull cycle...

im now toying with a different idea on a short prop cycle.. i only have 3 vials of prop left(3000mg) and just started mdrol a couple days ago... im going to be bridging mdrol to test prop once i feel like my test levels are starting to decline... anywhere from day 10-14... ill then continue on for about seven or eight weeks.. making it about a ten week cycle..ill also be adding t3 to the mix when i get on the test.. i havent seen anyone run a cycle like this yet.. ill let u know how it goes.. im running the cycle this way just because with the pplex/prop cycle i ran prior that i didnt have enough time to maintain my body weight like i would have wanted.. 3 more weeks on prop probably would have taken care of that and made it easier to maintain through pct

quakebks

Awards
im not planning on doing a short cycle anytime soon just thought it would be an interesting topic to discuss. i have always wondered about it

dcf143

Awards

man, you just rained on my parade. lol. here i was thinking all the weight was nice lean muscle, lol.

out of couristy, what is the "average" weight gain of muscle per week on cycle.
if my head is leading me correclty if i take away the water & glyogen weight, so to speak, i should have a decent idea of my weight after pct is run?

ahendi

Awards
you dont hold that much water wait with prop.

for the first 14 days i ran 175mg ed. nothing else.

ive backed it down to 100mg ed now.
you were running over 1.2 grams of test a week? What're your stats and cycle history? Also after only 15 days you would be barely starting to notice the effects of test, if any at all.

dcf143

Awards
you were running over 1.2 grams of test a week? What're your stats and cycle history? Also after only 15 days you would be barely starting to notice the effects of test, if any at all.

on another board the exact same discussion is taking place. i dont feel like getting into here.

all i know is last night on the scale, i was 220, 14 days ago, 210.

and define effects: meaing weight gain, or increased strength, pumps, yada yada ya.

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
I disagree. When you run high doses of short-estered injectables, you feel the effects very quickly. When running 80-100mg of Tren Ace (frontloaded 200mg on the first day) I start "feeling" the effects within a few days. At that point the strength gains aren't dramatic and the mass doesn't come pouring on, but I sure as hell "feel" it.

Also, 1.2 grams of Test isn't a crazy amount. If you talk to people who have ran cycles in that range and higher, typically the only side effect they complain about is acne. I think the 500mg/week standard "beginner" cycle is oversold. I wish I did at least 750mg my fist cycle instead of 500mg. Now if I were running solo Test cycles, I would always do 1g+.

out of couristy, what is the "average" weight gain of muscle per week on cycle.
Don't concern yourself with "average" gains per week while on cycle. Way too many variables involved. Just run your cycle properly to the best of your ability and you will most likely be very satisfied with the results.

JeffD

JeffD

Awards
Why would you want to run such a short cycle of prop? it takes a few weeks to build up. That defeats the purpose of running an injectable, the idea is to be able to stay on longer and have less harm done to your organs.
That's true for the longer esters, prop doesn't take that long to build up. You should notice something the first week (I did). They clear much quicker as well.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
That's true for the longer esters, prop doesn't take that long to build up. You should notice something the first week (I did). They clear much quicker as well.
Prop still takes at least two weeks to build up. Wat dosage were u taking to feel it in the first week? I'm aware that prop clears quicker than other esters. Regardless, I feel such a short cycle is next to worthless

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
Prop still takes at least two weeks to build up. Wat dosage were u taking to feel it in the first week? I'm aware that prop clears quicker than other esters. Regardless, I feel such a short cycle is next to worthless I would run it for 14 weeks.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
None of my buddies have ever felt any noticeable gains or affects(besides prop flu)from prop until two weeks in. I would assume you would have to take a rather large dose to feel it in the first week.

If that's wrong correct me and explain why.

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
None of my buddies have ever felt any noticeable gains or affects(besides prop flu)from prop until two weeks in. I would assume you would have to take a rather large dose to feel it in the first week.

If that's wrong correct me and explain why.
So you've never ran it yourself? Interesting, considering how matter-of-fact your statements are. Better yet, why not explain why you're right? This should be interesting.

tigerbunny

Awards
the whole point of prop is that it's short acting, no one would deal with daily injects if they had to wait 2 weeks for them to kick in. You think people really wanna be injecting that often when they would be getting near the same results with a longer ester injecting 2x a week.... hell no. Also noone would pay the price premium(although its really cheap to homebrew) that prop commands over longer esters either if it didn't have some advantages over the longer esters, namely the much shorter wait to see effects.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
he would definetly feel prop in over 2 weeks.. hes running 175 mg everyday... obviously running that much prop very very quickly.. he basically frontloaded prop... go to roidcalculator if u doubt him.. it will show u exactly how much test is in his body.. i just loaded it..

JeffD

JeffD

Awards
Prop still takes at least two weeks to build up. Wat dosage were u taking to feel it in the first week? I'm aware that prop clears quicker than other esters. Regardless, I feel such a short cycle is next to worthless I would run it for 14 weeks.
Maybe to build up test levels to where they'll peak, I'm on 120 EOD and I felt it kick in by the 2nd or 3rd dose.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Prop can be run in short cycles almost similar to an oral. It would be a good idea to add a oral if running 6 weeks or less of prop. All depends on what your goals are, and dose/frequency of shots. I would still advise trying to get at least 8 weeks of prop in.

johnnyblues

Awards
Google, "Casey Viator colorodo experement". Amazing things are possible.
All of these guys are right on the money as far as running the t.prop longer for better retention of gains. I'm a member of many of the elite and and private boards out there but I find myself here, more and more. Many open minded people here that agree that new ideas are sometimes possible. Lots to learn here. ;)

dcf143

Awards
Google, "Casey Viator colorodo experement". Amazing things are possible.
All of these guys are right on the money as far as running the t.prop longer for better retention of gains. I'm a member of many of the elite and and private boards out there but I find myself here, more and more. Many open minded people here that agree that new ideas are sometimes possible. Lots to learn here. ;)
interesting read. his results are way over the top, but interesting.

and like the article said, muscle memory. i can prob say thats prob where alot of my rapid gains come into play.

ill hop onto the scale tonight, and see waht i weigh.