A letter to my State Rep.

regino007

Awards
I found this letter on the net. I copied it and changed it to my own states rep. Do the same if you want with this one. It could help us, I don't know how much but anything is better than us just hoping for the ban not to happen.I faxed it to her office 5 times and plan to do so again this week. I will also be snailmailing it to her office in Washington and Texas.

EDIT: I had an invalid file. Let me see if I can change it........

Well I don't know how to convert this so I will just post it.........

YOur name
your address
your st & zip

your state reps name
and address

Dear Ms. Hutchison,
As a nutrional supplement consumer and a voter in your district, I am greatly concerned about 3 bills:HR 3866,Sen.Biden's S.2195,and Sen.Biden's 1780. All 3 bills would circumvent the protections of the Dietary Supplements Health and Education Act(DSHEA)an infringe uponthenutritional freedoms of Americans.They would remove dietary supplement products from the market without scientific basis and without demonstrating any legitimate public health concerns. All 3 bills would reclassify a variety of popluar over-the-counter prohormone supplements onto the Controlled Substances Act-bringing the War on Drugs into our health food stores by authorizing the arrest and imprisonment of health-conscious American citizens for unlawfully possessing these products. As an informed adult, I demand presevation of my right to make my own dietary decsions.I believe that adolescents must be protected from age inappropriate products,but without banning products for adults.I support the availabilty of prohormone supplements and other popluar,health-affirming nutrional products for adults.My singnature below indicates my membership in the non-profit United Supplement Freedom Association,Inc.(www.USFA.biz),a coalition dedicated to responsibilty and free choice in safe dietary supplements.Please support my supplement freedom by opposing these bill.
Sincerely,
your name.

Last edited:
CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Good effort, but not a good letter. Politicians seperate letters into three categories when they arrive, by fax, snail mail or email. Those categories are 'yes' or for the bill, 'no' or against the bill, and 'ridiculous' which are the types of correspondence sent by those that wrap their heads in tin foil. When writing your congress critters keep the letter short and simple. State you are a consituent and that you are for or against this particular measure and that's it. They don't care about your reasons, they care about your vote, plain and simple.