luckiest guy ever!!

brentjacobs

Awards
the other day i witnessed one of the luckiest gear crossings ever.

i was walking across the TJ border and for those dont know
right before you enter the crossing station you have to pass through a metal detector.
these detectors are not manned by customs or border patrol agents. instead they are manned
by armed rent a cops. well this one guy a few people before me sets off the metal detector. the rent-a-cop
pulls him aside and asks him to empty his pockets. he pulls out a box of sustenon. the rent-a-cop
opens the box, but opens it upside down, so he only sees the foil backing. not the syringe and needle.
he puts the rediject back into the box and gives it back to the dude. i guess the rent-a-cop chalked the
alarm up to the foil on the rediject. i was almost certain this
guy was going down. well.. just to satisfy my curiosity, i follow the dude into the next line
where you are questioned by customs agents. well this guy was also traveling with another guy.
so the buddy goes through customs first, and they have him empty all his pockets. he then is waved across.
the dude with the sustenon box was simply asked if he was a citizen and waved across.

since these guys parked in the same parking lot as me, i caught up to him and said, 'you are under arrest'
the guy nearly **** his pants. i then said that i wacthed the whole thing and cant believe how lucky this guy was.
he then showed me how he had all these redijects taped to him.. so if the rent a cop would have taken
the one redi ject, then had the dude go through the detector, they would have found the other redijects.

i guess that day someone above was looking out for him.

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
holy **** that takes some balls to keep your cool under that situation

lucky, lucky bastard

maggmaster

Awards
  • Established
If someone came up to me and was like " you are under arrest" and then said haha just kidding I think I d kick their ass. Good story though.

offsides25

Awards
if he knew the metal detector would go off, why would he try it? that seems a little risky

brentjacobs

Awards
if he knew the metal detector would go off, why would he try it? that seems a little risky
it is quite possible he wasnt aware there was a metal detecor.

they were only put in place after 911. before 911 crossing the border was easy123.

lvtrojan

Awards
could the metal on a pin , possibly set off the metal detector as well? just curious how sensitive they are.

Last edited:

brentjacobs

Awards
could the metal on a pin , possibly set off the metal detector as well? just curious how sensitive they are.
now that i think of it, it might have been the pin. the guard just saw the foil
and i guess chalked that up to setting off the alarm.

i have taken gonakor hcg across(3 times - of course declared too), which is topped with a metal cap. alarm never went off.

chemicaldreamer

Awards
I'm not sure pins would set it off. If they were that sensitive, they would pick up buttons and zippers as well.

But good story. Amazed he was able to keep it cool with that much stuff on him.