Why steroids are dangerous

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
Man everyday I see all the more reasons why steroids are dangerous, to those that dont seek knowledge. I heaar it time and time again on here dont use gear if under 21, which is good rule of thumb but please listen up everyone. DO NOT USE GEAR UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE YOUR RESEARCH AND STUDIED FOR YOURSELF. I began using gear when I was 18, I needed all I needed to know, wanted to get all jacked. Who doesnt. I did my own research, as in asking the big dudes at the gyn what they used and what they would do. Did not consider the fact that big dudes are also morons, or can be, and especially when they are selling to you, they always think the more the better. So I got gyno and had to go on synthroid when my thyroid failed from a lot of t3. And who knew what pct was. Now I am older and and have done my homework, although I no longer juice, I have learned a ton and give advice to friends from time to times. But this morning while changing in the locker room, I had a young guy from the gym come ask me for some advice. I first said quit juicing that young, but knowing he wouldnt I wanted to give him some wise advice. I first ask him if he knew anything about pct and he said no. He ssaid he was cycling in order to keep his system from shutting down and having serious problems. I ask him what he meant by this and how long he had been on his current cycle. And this is the response I got, I promise. " I have been on for a year straight. I use injectable winstrol for about 6 weeks, then oral winstrol and some other pill to give my body a break from the shots for 4-6 weeks, then another 6 weeks of something else I inject eod day that starts with F that they make out of pellets, then start the cycle over again." I ask him where he was getting this advice for cycling from, he said it was some huge dudes that definitely know what they are talking I about. I told him he needed to get to his doctor and get some blood work and do some of his own studying. It is stupidity like this that ruins it for everyone. So newbies read for yourselves and listen to sound advice. Just cause someone is swole does not mean they know the correct way to run a cycle or what is safe or not

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
good post. this cant be stressed enough these days. and with the internet and all the info out there...theres no excuse for lack of research

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
this isn't why steroids are dangerous... but why stupid people are dangerous

RAZORBACK09

Awards
  • Established
Sure, steroids are dangerous, but it's people like that that give them a worse name then they need to be. If you do your research, have your PCT setup along with supporting supplements you'll be WAY better off.

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
trust me I agree steroids can be used in a very safe manner, but stupid people and greedy sellers are dangerous

CodyK7

CodyK7

Awards
Thought this was just another preaching thread until I got to your talk with the kid. That's seriously ****ing crazy. I can't imagine how screwed up this kids body is from being basically on a cycle for a solid year. Was he at least big?

ianm4208

Awards
Wow, thats just sad! I feel like i should donate 10 cents to the kid.

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
Thought this was just another preaching thread until I got to your talk with the kid. That's seriously ****ing crazy. I can't imagine how screwed up this kids body is from being basically on a cycle for a solid year. Was he at least big?
yes he was definitely a good size kid and I have seen his growth over time. I was blown away that he is just taking others advice on his use of juice, because he takes the time to study up on his diet and training on his own. I myself have done long cycles before but can only imagine what a years worth of winny and tren must be doing to him inside

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
He'll prolly be f-ed up for life..... thats really sad. I mean- the guys using AAS and not doing research I dont feel that bad for them, cause they know theyre doing something unsafe and potentially dangerous and still they dont give a s*it. But listen to this story.....

I was over a good friend's mother's house a few weeks ago and her 14 yr. old little brother is telling me about how he's getting into lifting and bb-ing. Then he tells me he convinced his mom to let him buy something on the web that "is like creatine but better". So he shows me the bottle and its f-ing havoc! Luckily I explained to him and his mom the risk he was about to take and his mom took it pretty seriously. The kid was kind of pissed at me and i feel bad for ratting him out and all but I cant let a 14 yr. old take that sort of risk. He knew nothing about the stuff.

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
that fckin sucks man...unfortunately i go to a university and have the "pleasure" of hearing even more idiotic sht from people both younger and older than myself...

Weeks ago I posted about some kid who ran superdrol for about a year straight, though he assured me it was "just pre-workout" as if that made things better...I also had some crazy kid who assumed I juiced & asked me about AAS. I refused to talk about it with him so he bought Tren and began running it. About a week later he gave me an ultimatum, "I'm already on and have no idea what I'm doing so you can ignore me and let me F up my body or tell me how to do this right." He's about 19, 6'2, maybe 170lbs, 1.5year lifting experience...and this is a VERY common thing in my university.

Apparently people also think prohormones are intended for PCT after hormone cycles. Its a dam shame.

And how about this one...the people that assume they are more knowledgeable about AAS than you just because they have "taken more". Typically, "taking more" on AM translates into experience, but in the bro-world, taking dbol, winny, m1t, and test in once cycle with a 3 week pct of novedex xt and a fckin creatine actually destroys your credibility. I really hope some people from my school read this bc I know their dumbasses come on here, read this stuff, and spit it out like nothing.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
He'll prolly be f-ed up for life..... thats really sad. I mean- the guys using AAS and not doing research I dont feel that bad for them, cause they know theyre doing something unsafe and potentially dangerous and still they dont give a s*it. But listen to this story.....

I was over a good friend's mother's house a few weeks ago and her 14 yr. old little brother is telling me about how he's getting into lifting and bb-ing. Then he tells me he convinced his mom to let him buy something on the web that "is like creatine but better". So he shows me the bottle and its f-ing havoc! Luckily I explained to him and his mom the risk he was about to take and his mom took it pretty seriously. The kid was kind of pissed at me and i feel bad for ratting him out and all but I cant let a 14 yr. old take that sort of risk. He knew nothing about the stuff.
Sounds like that kid knew what he was trying to get and duped his mother into believing it was something akin to creatine....now he probably didn't know much about how to take it or pct but i bet he knew it wasn't creatine.

Pitbull14218

Pitbull14218

Awards
Deffinitely need to research otherwise, i can see it be even more dangerous.

CodyK7

CodyK7

Awards

Wow that is scary. I don't think they do a good enough job explaining what this stuff is. I also think it should be like alcohol 21 and up you have to show id to buy it.
I took a buddy's advice when I was 19 and took 1-tu. The guy was a year younger than me and I asked how he got so big (last time I had seen him he was like 20lbs smaller) He showed me what he was taking and they were selling it in the gym up front with their protein shakes and creatine and everything else so I didn't think hey this is probably a legal steroid. So I bought enough for a month took it put on like 15lbs in close to 3 weeks. I started losing my erections and couldn't get it up so I stopped taking them. I didn't take any pct or anything and everything was back to "normal" within a couple weeks. But it was pretty scary. I should have done research before just taking something I had no idea what it was but I was stupid. I didn't run my next cycle until I was 22.

Pitbull14218

Pitbull14218

Awards
Wow, ya i deffinitely wouldnt like that, I want to get big and actually be big, i dont care how strong i get i just want size. But thats pretty scary to hear things like that.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
Wow, ya i deffinitely wouldnt like that, I want to get big and actually be big, i dont care how strong i get i just want size. But thats pretty scary to hear things like that.
Not that this has anything to do with the thread, but why wouldn't you want to be strong? I know that bodybuilding is geared towards creating visual effects, but don't you consider it kind of feminine to lift without reguard for strength? If a guy that is smaller than you can out lift you wouldn't it make you feel weak and embarrassed.

I'm not necessarily directing this at you but I just don't understand the concept behind just wanting to be big. By no means am I nearly as big and strong as I want to be, but it's just my opinion.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established

Thats good that you had the talk with his mom. He was def. trying to pull the wool over her eyes.

I've had guys tell my brother he should use H-drol and even SD! He's only 19. If he ever gets anything it will be from me or I'll give him the advice. I hate when people give other younger people advice like "take this supp. or that supp" with no real idea that it is a steroid and giving no advice to the user about training or diet. I fear that a good portion of the younger generation is going to be walking around with bitch tits later on in life.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
There is a place here and they still sell every single substance on the FDAs banned list from this recent call to ban....it' just sits out in the open and cops walk right in and buy it...kids 17 walk right in and buy tren. Hell, the guy even has needles and injectables he sells to 19 year olds sometime...

I walked in yesterday and I was just making small talk. So, I say, hey this looks like finaflex and he says yeah it is. That shyyat will get you swole...i was like yeah but isn't it illegal to sell or going to be? He says that he's never heard of shyyat like that before...

I just looked at him stoically like unreal...!!!

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Nutrition has played a key role in my performance as an athlete. It permitted me to perform at my optimum level,as well as physically recover in a timely fashion from the demand that competitive athletics places on the body.

Today, as a Health and Fitness Professional, I’ve been afforded the opportunity to share with countless people the importance of proper nutrition. With more than 65 percent of Americans adults being overweight and 30 percent obese, it is evident that nutrition is of utmost importance. Whether it is to improve health and athletic performance, reduce the risk of disease & illness, or increase energy levels, my personal responsibility is assisting people with attaining their goals or desires.
^^Str8 from the guy that has the shop near my house (13miles) who also sells steroids to 18 year old kids...the irony is uncanny.

FatalFunnel

FatalFunnel

Awards
What most people don't understand is that a lot of kids get their stuff from supplement stores, being unaware that the stuff in these stores are potentially unsafe.

You all say, "don't be dumb and research" but half of these kids don't even realize what they're taking is unsafe (so why would research be needed? Would you research taking flinstone vitamins before using?)

Example; that 14 year old kid that was mentioned was going to take havoc, and I'm sure he had no idea what it truly was.

When I was 18 yrs old, I went into Lean Nutrition. I was a skinny kid who wanted to gain some weight for self esteem issues. The salesman (who definitely made himself seem like my friend) sold me a bottle of this stuff that he said was all natural and would help me put on some weight.

So I took the stuff, thinking I was taking a natural product that my "friend" sold me. And little did I know, it was Tren.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Steroids are not dangerous. Stupid people are dangerous to steroids... hehe

But I agree whole heartedly, I am at 2 and a half years of studying steroids without using yet...Technically you could say I wussed out, but really it was me being able to see financial problems coming along, and taking that knowledge to know not to do it.

When/ ! if ! I ever use steroids, I would like to think my understanding of physiology and pharmacology have come far enough to make it safe.

Certain paths in life may altogether prevent it due to morality reasons(not personal, but if I am in leadership I will not jeopardize the morals of those who look up to me).

Plus the longer you study, the older you get, the less you want "Jacked" and the more you just want to be in awesome shape and be happy.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

Sorry for the double post. But you probably saved that kid years of hardship and possibly even his life. Let him be pissed. Wisdom is wasted on the young, its not until he is older that he will look back and realize you technically are to thank for all his progress...or he will get some more from somewhere and ruin himself anyways.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like that kid knew what he was trying to get and duped his mother into believing it was something akin to creatine....now he probably didn't know much about how to take it or pct but i bet he knew it wasn't creatine.
IDK bro. I think he knew it was stronger than creatine but I don't think he had any concept of the risk he was about to take. Even with proper pct, havoc at 14..... not good. I'm sure he wanted to get big, so he wouldnt get pushed around as a high school freshmen and someone told him this stuff would do the trick. I'm sure he didnt know what prohormones are and definitely didnt equate what he was about to do to steroids in any way.

At 14, you hear some big kid at the gym say "if you want size take whey protein PWO" and so you do it. Same kid "if you want size take casein before bed" and so you do it. Same kid, "if you want size take havoc 40mg ED" and... you have no way of distinguishing good advice from bad, so?

Wow that is scary. I don't think they do a good enough job explaining what this stuff is. I also think it should be like alcohol 21 and up you have to show id to buy it.
I took a buddy's advice when I was 19 and took 1-tu. The guy was a year younger than me and I asked how he got so big (last time I had seen him he was like 20lbs smaller) He showed me what he was taking and they were selling it in the gym up front with their protein shakes and creatine and everything else so I didn't think hey this is probably a legal steroid. So I bought enough for a month took it put on like 15lbs in close to 3 weeks. I started losing my erections and couldn't get it up so I stopped taking them. I didn't take any pct or anything and everything was back to "normal" within a couple weeks. But it was pretty scary. I should have done research before just taking something I had no idea what it was but I was stupid. I didn't run my next cycle until I was 22.
Youre 100% right, they don't tell you what this stuff is. They don't market it as legal steroids cause they'll lose customers. Some companies are responsible but others just push the product.

And "do your research" is a tough statement to quantify. I mean, you assume that the advice you get from the guy at your local GNC is legit until you come onto a forum like this and realize they dont know sh1t. I mean, even here at AM I see bad advice being given all the time.

Its all broscience, whether you get it on a forum, read something someone posted on a website, take the description from the company, or listen to someone at the gym. You might be getting great advice you might not - you don't know for sure until you really study and learn all the science behind the technology.

Thats good that you had the talk with his mom. He was def. trying to pull the wool over her eyes.

I've had guys tell my brother he should use H-drol and even SD! He's only 19. If he ever gets anything it will be from me or I'll give him the advice. I hate when people give other younger people advice like "take this supp. or that supp" with no real idea that it is a steroid and giving no advice to the user about training or diet. I fear that a good portion of the younger generation is going to be walking around with bitch tits later on in life.
I hear you - I agree the kid definitely knew more than he let on but I definitely dont think he got the whole story. IDK - he is a good kid and I don;t think he had any idea he was about to take a legal steroid.

What most people don't understand is that a lot of kids get their stuff from supplement stores, being unaware that the stuff in these stores are potentially unsafe.

You all say, "don't be dumb and research" but half of these kids don't even realize what they're taking is unsafe (so why would research be needed? Would you research taking flinstone vitamins before using?)

Example; that 14 year old kid that was mentioned was going to take havoc, and I'm sure he had no idea what it truly was.

When I was 18 yrs old, I went into Lean Nutrition. I was a skinny kid who wanted to gain some weight for self esteem issues. The salesman (who definitely made himself seem like my friend) sold me a bottle of this stuff that he said was all natural and would help me put on some weight.

So I took the stuff, thinking I was taking a natural product that my "friend" sold me. And little did I know, it was Tren.
Ya. I bet this happens quite often.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the double post. But you probably saved that kid years of hardship and possibly even his life. Let him be pissed. Wisdom is wasted on the young, its not until he is older that he will look back and realize you technically are to thank for all his progress...or he will get some more from somewhere and ruin himself anyways.
ya. I mean its easy to get upset when you see good products banned, like the recent ban last month but at the same time, it understandable. The few stupid ppl out there are ruining it for the rest of us.

dumbhick3

dumbhick3

Awards
  • Established
Supp companies could be slightly more responsible too, because they sure as hell know what they are putting in their products. They should more carefully weigh their financial interests instead of being so damned greedy. When they go overboard, it seems like bans come. That's not good for business, or is it? I am just speculating (not trying to start a "who's responsible" debate); I have no illusions about the supp industry anymore than the used car industry or politicians.

There was a recent post on here where someone took tren + superdrol and no PCT. Not a huge surprise, all things considered.

But the superdrol he took (Super NOS-look at the label online...and cry) was in the form of a pre-workout NO powder. Advertised as better than any other NO supplement. Of ****ing course it is; it has 20mg of superdrol per scoop. Instructions: Cycle 12 weeks on and 4 weeks off(!). That is just ridiculous; those are like creatine cycling instructions. That supp company should be banned; forget the supplement (if something has to be banned). Hell, it's confusing for me when the formula for superdrol is listed in a long list of ingredients ranging from AAKG to glutamine to caffeine to ginko biloba!

And who the hell wants to take their superdrol in a proprietary scoop PWO blend anyway? This is just one of the worst, most irresponsible products ever made in supp land. Confusing to youngsters, and worthless to older folk who know a bit more (including to read labels and know what 2a,17a, etc means).

This is one product that could actually get confused with a standard creatine or PWO or glutamine or NOS product. Most ppl associate steroids with bottles of pills (there are exceptions of course) and vials, not kool aid flavored powder.

At the end of the day, as I said on that aforementioned thread, supp companies and distributors obviously do not have the consumer's health in mind when selling supplements. The consumer is ultimately responsible for his/her own health and choices.

But those 14 year old stories do scare me...if I was 14, I wouldn't guess that some PWO powder contained a potent dimethylated steroid with horrible dosing instructions (12 weeks on, WTF). I barely knew what whey protein was back then.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I'm really glad there is a forum like this to help those, who know nothing about anabolics or how to lift. I have no clue how to take steroids and how to cycle, hell I'll be honest I don't even know what you guys mean when you say PCT, but I like coming on here and reading and educating myself. There was one occasion about 3 years ago, a friend of mine told me about a steroid he was taking that is legal. So, I looked it up, but then decided not to buy it. I'm glad I made that decision. I want to get big and have never really been big, but that's because I didn't train right or didn't eat right, but I know my body can grow good, because of the 5x5 routine I was on. I'm not planning on taking roids anytime soon atleast until my 30s when my test levels will be lower.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
yeah - if companies were more responsible with the marketing of these products there would be less of an outcry to ban unsafe supps from the market.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
But the superdrol he took (Super NOS-look at the label online...and cry) was in the form of a pre-workout NO powder. Advertised as better than any other NO supplement. Of ****ing course it is; it has 20mg of superdrol per scoop. Instructions: Cycle 12 weeks on and 4 weeks off(!). That is just ridiculous; those are like creatine cycling instructions. That supp company should be banned; forget the supplement (if something has to be banned). Hell, it's confusing for me when the formula for superdrol is listed in a long list of ingredients ranging from AAKG to glutamine to caffeine to ginko biloba!
That is beyond any that I have seen yet. A powder workout product with SD in it? Damn!!! this world will never cease to amaze me.

Thinker

Awards
I think its called 'Super NOX', not 'Super NOS' which is a different product.

Edit: Mikey851 corrected me before I corrected me.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
I can't see anything on the supplement facts except AAKG for Super NOS pump.

Edit: I found what you're talking about. It's called Super NOX not Super NOS by Body Fortress. Body Fortress is sold at Wal Mart and is actually pretty good for the price. Here is a link to Super Nox; it's hilarious/sad how they hide the superdrol at the bottom of the list. http://www.a1supplements.com/Super-NOX-800-Grams-p-17259.html

dumbhick3

dumbhick3

Awards
  • Established
I think it is the Kre-Alkalyn that gives it that pre-workout "oomph", not the "prohormone compound".

What's funny/sad is that where I live, at WM, they ID you when you buy methyl alcohol-containing fuel additives for your care (like HEET for the winter). Apparently young 'uns are abusing the stuff. That doesn't quite add up in my mind. Methyl alcohol is pretty deadly, and not whippit deadly, but deadly deadly.

But if they sell Super-NOX at this WM, they probably don't check IDs for that. Not saying they should, but it's all phucked up.

FatalFunnel

FatalFunnel

Awards
Stupid people are not ruining anything in the supplement industry. It is the supplement themselves. You all blame people for not doing their research, but the supplement industry is very shady on what they actually sell to their customers. Who really knows anymore what is put on shelves.

My one local supplement store sells a product which is advertised as natural. It has no major ingredients but a "properietary blend", and the product can't be found anywhere online (trust me, Ive looked). Its tren.

Or any other supplement for example. Go into a Lean Nutrition, and you'll see T-Roid by Hardcore Formulations. The product says nothing on it except "Get Hard Lean Muscle." meanwhile it should say ANABOLIC STEROID, that way its customers are informed properly. Then this **** wouldn't happen and we wouldn't need to blame "the idiots who don't research"

I could be wrong. But I believe there is a side to every story. And I believe alot of the problems in the supplement industry are directly on the shoulders of the supplement companies themselves.

CodyK7

CodyK7

Awards
Stupid people are not ruining anything in the supplement industry. It is the supplement themselves. You all blame people for not doing their research, but the supplement industry is very shady on what they actually sell to their customers. Who really knows anymore what is put on shelves.

My one local supplement store sells a product which is advertised as natural. It has no major ingredients but a "properietary blend", and the product can't be found anywhere online (trust me, Ive looked). Its tren.

Or any other supplement for example. Go into a Lean Nutrition, and you'll see T-Roid by Hardcore Formulations. The product says nothing on it except "Get Hard Lean Muscle." meanwhile it should say ANABOLIC STEROID, that way its customers are informed properly. Then this **** wouldn't happen and we wouldn't need to blame "the idiots who don't research"

I could be wrong. But I believe there is a side to every story. And I believe alot of the problems in the supplement industry are directly on the shoulders of the supplement companies themselves.
You're totally right. As I mentioned in my post I had no idea what I was taking when I was 19 luckily I think I don't believe I did any damage. But I'm not shocked at all when I hear about high school kids taking this stuff. If someone had handed me a bottle in high school I probably would have taken it which scares me. I know the companies don't want to put steroid on the label because it gets the media involved. But they need to put more of a warning label explaining that are other items that needed to be taken during and after the cycle..... or a link to their website and they could have a section breaking down liver support and what pct is and things like that. Basically a link to a faq section.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established

It would help if the supplement industry was more responsible, but it wouldn't stop idiots from buying it and using it improperly. If the bottle said "Anabolic Steroid" on it, it would make some idiots excited that they can actually buy "real steroids" at their local supp store.

Edit: Now as far as kids go, they should definately ID or something; I know some changes need to be made.

CodyK7

CodyK7

Awards
Edit: Now as far as kids go, they should definately ID or something; I know some changes need to be made.
That would be great but they would have to pass a law saying it was illegal to buy the product if you are under 18 or 21 and since every product is different it's easier just to ban them.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I can't see anything on the supplement facts except AAKG for Super NOS pump.

Edit: I found what you're talking about. It's called Super NOX not Super NOS by Body Fortress. Body Fortress is sold at Wal Mart and is actually pretty good for the price. Here is a link to Super Nox; it's hilarious/sad how they hide the superdrol at the bottom of the list. http://www.a1supplements.com/Super-NOX-800-Grams-p-17259.html
They sell this at walmart or just other product lines from them?

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
They sell this at walmart or just other product lines from them?
They sell Super NOS by Body Fortress at Walmart. It is just an AAKG supp. I have used Body Fortress protein and it is a fairly good product.

The product that contains Superdrol is called Super NOX made by a company called Americeutical.

FatalFunnel

FatalFunnel

Awards
Yea, my buddy took SuperNOX and couldn't understand why his hair started to shed.

michael75

michael75

Awards
I did a thread not long ago about a bro called "total abuse",the same kind of thing as this one.

Everyone starts off as ignorant,but with some intelligence and common sense they apply them selves and learn,they hopefully learn to do things properly.Some unfortunately haven`t a clue about most things and get into trouble.

Sellers can only do so much to help their buyers make informed decisions.I still believe that however much information and help is provided you will still get those who abuse and those that are,quite frankly,of little intelligence.

It`s a damn shame!

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
I think they should just legalise steroids, ban all the over the counter androgens etc and if you want to take steroids you go to a doctor, they do a work up on you, they pin you or give you the orals, you have follow up appointments, a proper pre and post cycle therapy and all the other things that people are obviously prepared to pay for (The supplement industry is a huge one) and in many cases end up doing themselves harm because they *aren't* doctors.

A lot of good could come of this change, particularly when it comes to research into steroidal medications which is a field which is so painfully slow a process currently due to the over-regulation.

I think it's absolutely crazy that you can go pay a doctor to cut you open and put implants in you or break and rebreak your nose or jaw or cheek bones or inject synthol or colagen purely for cosmetic purposes which provide no tangible benefits to health or well being but they 'regulate' steroids and related drugs so people end up buying research chemicals brewed in a bath tub in Mexico for PCT after pinning stuff they had to cross the border and buy on the black market. Or they end up using the same research chemicals for PCT while using 'designer' roids which are very poorly regulated in terms of quality control (Not saying all supplement companies are dodgy here but many are), have very bad/ incomplete advisory information on them (Ironically enough because of said regulation) and at the same time can cause acute liver failure and kill people, whether they're 'stupid' or just because they spoke to the wrong guy at the supplement shop.

At least in this instance you would have a market which was controlled and would provide people value for money and a degree of safety.

CodyK7

CodyK7

Awards
I think they should just legalise steroids, ban all the over the counter androgens etc and if you want to take steroids you go to a doctor, they do a work up on you, they pin you or give you the orals, you have follow up appointments, a proper pre and post cycle therapy and all the other things that people are obviously prepared to pay for (The supplement industry is a huge one) and in many cases end up doing themselves harm because they *aren't* doctors.

A lot of good could come of this change, particularly when it comes to research into steroidal medications which is a field which is so painfully slow a process currently due to the over-regulation.

I think it's absolutely crazy that you can go pay a doctor to cut you open and put implants in you or break and rebreak your nose or jaw or cheek bones or inject synthol or colagen purely for cosmetic purposes which provide no tangible benefits to health or well being but they 'regulate' steroids and related drugs so people end up buying research chemicals brewed in a bath tub in Mexico for PCT after pinning stuff they had to cross the border and buy on the black market. Or they end up using the same research chemicals for PCT while using 'designer' roids which are very poorly regulated in terms of quality control (Not saying all supplement companies are dodgy here but many are), have very bad/ incomplete advisory information on them (Ironically enough because of said regulation) and at the same time can cause acute liver failure and kill people, whether they're 'stupid' or just because they spoke to the wrong guy at the supplement shop.

At least in this instance you would have a market which was controlled and would provide people value for money and a degree of safety.
It's because the supplement industry is a billion dollar a year industry. Do you know how bad all these supplement companies would fight for this not to happen. Why would anyone waste their time buying no xplode and all that other stupid **** that does nothing when you could just go to the doctor get some legal steroids that they would explain to you and show you how to run properly. Go work out for 8-12 weeks and put on 25lbs. Not to mention that every high school kid in america would be juiced out of their mind. Plus if you legalized it you couldn't tell pro athletes they couldn't take it. It will never be legal

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
It's because the supplement industry is a billion dollar a year industry. Do you know how bad all these supplement companies would fight for this not to happen. Why would anyone waste their time buying no xplode and all that other stupid **** that does nothing when you could just go to the doctor get some legal steroids that they would explain to you and show you how to run properly. Go work out for 8-12 weeks and put on 25lbs. Not to mention that every high school kid in america would be juiced out of their mind. Plus if you legalized it you couldn't tell pro athletes they couldn't take it. It will never be legal
Why indeed. I think the mainstream section of the supplement industry would survive without too many issues as they tend to be the ones who don't dabble too heavily into the designer steroid market because the risk it presents to their business if they get busted. It's not like the supplement industry successfully prevented a damn thing in the last few rounds of mass product bannings anyway.

If you legalized and controlled it then you could prevent high school kids from accessing it - at least to the level you can now anyway.

As for the 'you couldn't tell pro athletes they couldn't take it' sorry mate but you're wrong. There is a plethora of totally legal and in many cases over the counter drugs that pro athletes are currently precluded from taking due to the whole performance enhancing aspects. Steroids would be no different.

My second idea is that they should have the juicers olympics. Think the movie, "The Running Man" :lol:

I'm not saying it 'will' be legal, I'm saying it 'should' be legal. The two things couldn't be less related in the world we live in. :)

CodyK7

CodyK7

Awards
Why indeed. I think the mainstream section of the supplement industry would survive without too many issues as they tend to be the ones who don't dabble too heavily into the designer steroid market because the risk it presents to their business if they get busted. It's not like the supplement industry successfully prevented a damn thing in the last few rounds of mass product bannings anyway.

If you legalized and controlled it then you could prevent high school kids from accessing it - at least to the level you can now anyway.

As for the 'you couldn't tell pro athletes they couldn't take it' sorry mate but you're wrong. There is a plethora of totally legal and in many cases over the counter drugs that pro athletes are currently precluded from taking due to the whole performance enhancing aspects. Steroids would be no different.

My second idea is that they should have the juicers olympics. Think the movie, "The Running Man" :lol:

I'm not saying it 'will' be legal, I'm saying it 'should' be legal. The two things couldn't be less related in the world we live in. :)

The industry would take a huge hit who would take ph's if you could get your hands on injectables.
You're crazy if you think high school kids wouldn't have access to it. The market would be flooded with it. All it would take is me going to a doctor and getting tested then getting whatever I wanted and selling it.... then going to another doctor and doing the same thing. The reason more people aren't on injectables is they simply don't know anyone who can get them (me included).
As far as pro's go there are alot more than you think that are on steroids now and just run them in the off season. They don't get tested during that span and if they wanted to run a 12 week cycle a month after the season is over they would have more than enough time to recover and have it out of their system by the time the season starts. I think you'd see more guys on it though because it would be so much easier for them to gain access to and isn't illegal

Vance

Vance

Awards
  • Established
The industry would take a huge hit who would take ph's if you could get your hands on injectables.
You're crazy if you think high school kids wouldn't have access to it. The market would be flooded with it. All it would take is me going to a doctor and getting tested then getting whatever I wanted and selling it.... then going to another doctor and doing the same thing. The reason more people aren't on injectables is they simply don't know anyone who can get them (me included).
As far as pro's go there are alot more than you think that are on steroids now and just run them in the off season. They don't get tested during that span and if they wanted to run a 12 week cycle a month after the season is over they would have more than enough time to recover and have it out of their system by the time the season starts. I think you'd see more guys on it though because it would be so much easier for them to gain access to and isn't illegal
PH's just as if not more dangerous than injectables because of the hepatoxicity, that was the point to begin with. Not to mention the fact that high school kids have access to PH's now which are just as dangerous as pinning for a young kid.

No my point was you get pinned at the surgery you don't take the gear away with you, but prescriptions would have to be filled and these things are tracked in Australia and I'm sure in the US too.

I'm fully aware of drugs in sports and the fact that many many pro athletes are geared. Easiest way in the world to get gear is start training around professional athletes. :thumb:

CodyK7

CodyK7

Awards
PH's just as if not more dangerous than injectables because of the hepatoxicity, that was the point to begin with. Not to mention the fact that high school kids have access to PH's now which are just as dangerous as pinning for a young kid.

No my point was you get pinned at the surgery you don't take the gear away with you, but prescriptions would have to be filled and these things are tracked in Australia and I'm sure in the US too I'm at.

I'm fully aware of drugs in sports and the fact that many many pro athletes are geared. Easiest way in the world to get gear is start training around professional athletes. :thumb:
If they ever did try to legalize it that would be a pain in the ass to go to the doctor to get your injections. I just don't think it will ever happen I wish it would but I can't see it actually taking place.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

I think what he means is, or what I would say is that no one is going to go and buy a "basic supplement" when they know that they can go to their doc and get steroids. Why would I go buy creatine, or anything from nutraplanet when all I got to do is buy meat, water, milk and get nolvadex and steroids from my doc. EVERY single other supplement besides maybe stimulants and scalp protestants would be obsolete...

My doc would give

Steroids,
On cycle protection
PCT cycles

I would buy meat, veggies, water, and maybe some type of thermo for cutting or a pure stimulant....

Why on earth would I want ragnarok? The "muscle techs" of the world would survive but these "good bro" companies would disappear in one year's time easily.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Good discussion here...

However, I think that if that were to happen with legalizing, you would see major sports put more laws into the game. You would see the NFL doing random testing during the off season as well, even MLB and other sports as well. They would definitely not sit back and let it ride. I would bet they would start surprise/random testing many months out of the year instead of just during the season. Also, they would probably increase the penalty, say, 3 year ban from your sport. I don't know but I do know that legalizing them would cause major impacts which many people do not think about.

Tansui

Tansui

Awards
  • Established
500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.
LAWL 500 fights = a tough guy, that's awesome

dumbhick3

dumbhick3

Awards
  • Established
I think what he means is, or what I would say is that no one is going to go and buy a "basic supplement" when they know that they can go to their doc and get steroids. Why would I go buy creatine, or anything from nutraplanet when all I got to do is buy meat, water, milk and get nolvadex and steroids from my doc. EVERY single other supplement besides maybe stimulants and scalp protestants would be obsolete...

My doc would give

Steroids,
On cycle protection
PCT cycles

I would buy meat, veggies, water, and maybe some type of thermo for cutting or a pure stimulant....

Why on earth would I want ragnarok? The "muscle techs" of the world would survive but these "good bro" companies would disappear in one year's time easily.
You can get amphetamines, T3, T4, AIs, SERMs, HCG, UDCA, and of course steroids at the doctor. It would be splendid! I'm kind of joking here; I am not so sure this would be the way to go, but I noticed you left a few things out like HCG:).

greaser

Awards

I have to totally agree with this. It's easy for those of us who have done their research to blame those who haven't, but you have to assign some responsibility to the retailers AND to the supplement manufacturers.

I am an attorney, and though I don't practice in product liability, I am frequently shocked when I see the way some of the products are packaged and marketed. Look at all the warnings that are on the side of a bottle of ADVIL, and compare that to what you see on most prohormone/designer steroid bottles. Some companies are better than others, but Havoc is particularly bad in this regard. I don't have my bottle in front of me at the moment, but it basically says "STRENGTH - MUSCULARITY - LIBIDO" and talks about how the ingredients have been used "safely in Japan for decades," and has some generic warning about keeping it out of the hands of children, and don't use if you have high blood pressure or other illnesses, etc. That's the same basic warning you'd see on jar of creatine or other benign supplement.

What is someone supposed to think after reading that label -- assuming they have no prior knowledge of steroids? You would think that it's f'ing GOOD for you. You would think that it's some kind of alternative supplement that those super healthy Japanese people use, and you would take "2 to 3 capsules daily as a dietary supplement" like the label says, MONTH AFTER MONTH.

Seriously, is this at all defensible? And people wonder why everything keeps getting banned? The 14 year old kid above was lucky that an AM member stopped by his house that day or God knows what kind of harm he would have suffered. If MY kid came home from the "vitamin store" with something like that, my very non-lawyerly instinct would be to drive over there and shove the bottle down the throat of the SOB that sold it to him. But most parents will call the media or their congressman, and next thing you know there's a ban, and the rest of us and the industry suffer because some greedy companies were eager to make a buck at the expense of the health of uninformed people.

I know that most of the people on this board are responsible decent folks. If YOU were in charge of package design for a supplement company, wouldn't you at least put in big red letters "NOT FOR SALE TO PERSONS UNDER 21" on it? And add a whole bunch of use guidelines and warnings and at least MENTION PCT? Yes, you might lose some customers, but it would be the right thing to do AND better for your company in the long run.

Sorry for the rant, but this has been on my mind for a while now and when I hear stories like those mentioned above it just gets to me!
:damnit1: