Anyone know about breaking out in hives?

Softballer13

Awards
Started my first cycle. I followed the injection directions outlined on another website and I'm 100% confident that i didn't contaminate anything when sticking. Anyway, last week I did 300mg of EQ on Monday night and 300mg again on Thursday night. Everything went great.

Saturday night I started breaking out in hives on the inside of my elbows and back of knees (places where body temp could be higher). Also, my bp went up to 150/95. I've always had about 120/75.

Anyone else ever experienced this? There's nothing around the injection site, that went great. I just think it's weird that my bp went up that much that quickly and that these hives are showing up. I'm using benedryl to keep them gone, but it's Wednesday and they're still coming up if I don't take the benedryl.

Any ideas anyone?

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
ur allergic to something in the oil i would assume

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I question whether the hives are directly related to the EQ (I comment on the directly related part in a moment). It took 5 whole days from your 1st injection and 2 whole days from your 2nd before the hives started to show up? Normally, if someone is going to react from an injection it is almost immediately and most certainly that day, maybe next day. Not a week later. Do you have any known drug or other allergies? Change bath soap, laundry detergent? Used any new powders/creams etc? Or even do any house cleaning i.e. dusty areas, yard work? These kind of things are most common for causing hives.

If nothing of the sorts above comes close to fitting the bill then your hives may be either idiopathic or immunological. With the later possibly being the culprit. Now, what I mean by directly related in my 1st sentence is that there may be a chance that because of the EQ your immune system could be compromised/vulnerable and causing your body to release histamines. If this is the case you can keep going and suck it up, hopefully your body will adjust and or keep taking Benedryl. If Benedryl makes you to drowsy try clariten or zyrtex instead.

Softballer13

Awards
I question whether the hives are directly related to the EQ (I comment on the directly related part in a moment). It took 5 whole days from your 1st injection and 2 whole days from your 2nd before the hives started to show up? Normally, if someone is going to react from an injection it is almost immediately and most certainly that day, maybe next day. Not a week later. Do you have any known drug or other allergies? Change bath soap, laundry detergent? Used any new powders/creams etc? Or even do any house cleaning i.e. dusty areas, yard work? These kind of things are most common for causing hives.

If nothing of the sorts above comes close to fitting the bill then your hives may be either idiopathic or immunological. With the later possibly being the culprit. Now, what I mean by directly related in my 1st sentence is that there may be a chance that because of the EQ your immune system could be compromised/vulnerable and causing your body to release histamines. If this is the case you can keep going and suck it up, hopefully your body will adjust and or keep taking Benedryl. If Benedryl makes you to drowsy try clariten or zyrtex instead.
So, if I have a weaker immune system this could be the result of that? I had mono many years back and my immune system has not been the same since. That would make some sense.

I was taking 2-3 Benadryl a day since Sunday. They finally stopped today. i took one this morning and it would have worn off around 2pm. it's 10pm now and they haven't shown back up yet. Hopefully it stays that way.

Thanks alot for your time and input man.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Was thinking more with the introduction of the EQ being what causes the weakened immune system. Sort of inline with how people claim the "Test Flu" when on cycle. I wouldn't correlate it with the mono. I'm assuming your Benedryl is over the counter and you were taking 50-75mg. Did that knock you out? I'd would see if maybe they are done and over with. If not like I said you can try clariten or zyrtec instead of the benedryl if drowsiness is a problem.

Softballer13

Awards
Was thinking more with the introduction of the EQ being what causes the weakened immune system. Sort of inline with how people claim the "Test Flu" when on cycle. I wouldn't correlate it with the mono. I'm assuming your Benedryl is over the counter and you were taking 50-75mg. Did that knock you out? I'd would see if maybe they are done and over with. If not like I said you can try clariten or zyrtec instead of the benedryl if drowsiness is a problem.
No, I've been taking the 25 mg ones tabs. I thought they were gone but then after being awake for about 45 minutes this morning, they showed back up. So they've been here for 4 1/2 days right now. My bp did come down some as it was 131/91 last night.

Hopefully it's gettin close to bein out of my system. Just depressing as this was my first cycle and was really lookin forward to it.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
There's no solid reason to stop the cycle or anything. Especially if you are willing to deal with the hives. If they are not that bad or if you can control them with anti-histamines. As for the blood pressure there is a few things you can do to help that out. I am not sure what kind of supporting supps you are taking, but the following list are some things that are known to help lower blood pressure and should be fine to take while on cycle as long as you have no allergies to any of them.

CoQ10
Hawthorn
Fish oil
Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium
Rauwolfia
Garlic

On top of supps for B/P you can also try to limit your caffeine intake along with alcohol as well (hopefully your not drinking while on), lower sodium intake, try relaxation techniques i.e. meditation, yoga, or even just quiet time. Do not use nicotine is another. And of course consume plenty, plenty of water.

131/91 the number there that is a little high is the diastolic (bottom number) the systolic (top number) is in acceptable ranges. You said in your first post that you usually have 120/75. That being the case I wouldn't be too concerned with 131/91. Still do what you can to lower it, but you should be good to go.

Softballer13

Awards
Thanks, I will use that stuff next time. My bp however has dropped to 130/90 since my last injection a week ago, it was 155/98 2 days after my 2nd injection.

I don't know if others jump that high that quickly or not. I know most people dont keep an eye on it like that though.

Thanks again for all your help.