3 ER visits...

SilverZ06

Awards
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if Test E could cause chest pressure and shortness of breathe. I ran a 10 week cylce of 500mgs. About half way through the cycle I had a run of about 2-3 days where I woke up thinking I was having a heart attack but just assumed it was gas or something and went back to bed. The problem never came back until this past week...the cylce ended the week before. This past week I woke up at 4am in tons of pain in my chest and went to the ER. They ran a millions test (EKG, Blood work, X-rays, Stress Test) and said everything came back 100% normal. So I left and thought maybe its in my head. Well that same night it hit hard again so I went back and again, they did all the same tests and nothing was showing. So I stayed home from work Friday and rested all day. I got up yesterday and the pressure was back. It feels like someone is standing on my chest and it is a struggle to get a full tidal volume of air. I feel like I can on inhale half way. So, again, I went back and this time they focused on my lungs....but nothing out of the ordinary shows. They gave me a breathing treatment and said my problems are related to stress and anxiety and the prescribed me some meds.

Now my question is, do you think my Test E cylce has any play in this or is it all stress and anxiety like the docs said?

Thanks for any input.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Most likely stress and anxiety coupled with the test-e... How is your blood pressure?

faceman35

faceman35

Awards
  • Established
dude test will make your blood pressure go up. and I know when my blood pressure is up I have a hard time breathing. Also if your running tren that causes bronchial restriction.

SilverZ06

Awards
My BP was perfect also they said. I knew that was one thing to watch for but ot was perfect. Even during the stress test, they tooth my BP every 3 minutes and it stayed perfect.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Honestly it just sounds like your having anxiety attacks. I have had them and they absolutely suck, and during mine I had the same tightness and problems breathing that you had. If your taking anything with caffeine or any nootropics I would stop those and just take whatever meds the docs gave you for the time being.
*This is not medical advice, just my opinion.

SilverZ06

Awards
Honestly it just sounds like your having anxiety attacks. I have had them and they absolutely suck, and during mine I had the same tightness and problems breathing that you had. If your taking anything with caffeine or any nootropics I would stop those and just take whatever meds the docs gave you for the time being.
*This is not medical advice, just my opinion.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I should be able to still work out , right?

Spooly

Spooly

Awards
Could be axienty attacks or acid reflux your not the only one I went to the er many of times trippen over nuttin high protein intake and all around diet on cycle can give u the worse acid reflux feels exactly like a hardattack

SilverZ06

Awards
I just wanted to mkae sure it wasnt from the cycle. I am takink some Prevocid for heart burn too juts incase that is a partial cause. I just want it to stop bc it is very annoying.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just wanted to mkae sure it wasnt from the cycle. I am takink some Prevocid for heart burn too juts incase that is a partial cause. I just want it to stop bc it is very annoying.
Prevacid makes it very very unlikely to be GERD/heartburn. I assume you aspirate properly when injecting, so it's not likely to be a fat embolus in your lungs, plus your O2 sats and XRays were likely normal. MI, Angina were ruled out with the tests. If BP is normal like you say, it doesn't leave many other possibilities.

Are you on any other compounds other than straight testosterone?

Bigblondekid

Awards
Maybe try checking for sleep apnea. That is supposed to be able to cause chest pains as well.

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
OP, I've had the same exact type of feeling you are describing while on my SD/Drol cycle and is partially a reason why I discontinued my cycle. I thought it was BP at first, since it was high while ON, and then still had some in PCT even when my BP returned to normal.

I honestly think it was sheer paranoia in my case, as I have the tendency to read about all the potential side of AAS, especially when on. So I tend to freak myself out now and then & my latest thing was in-depth research about the affect of AAS on the size of the heart. When I went into detail about this, it bugged me out and the strange tightness/shortness of breath was enough for me to conclude an already great cycle. I don't think these sensations around the chest have entirely subsided since, but they have much improved as I am less stressed.

If it's any consolation, I found mostly that AAS only directly exert negative affects on the heart when used in heavy doses over long periods of times (i.e. abusers). I'm confident most members here cycle properly and this type of use should not alter the left ventricle of the heart in such short periods of moderate use.

Feel better man.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
sounds like anxiety. i had the exact same thing when i quit smoking. everything feels great, no problems, then some piercing pain in the upper chest an inch away from the sternum that kinda feels like someone took a red hot iron and poked it into a nerve cluster.

if that sounds like what you're having, it'll go away. destress yourself as much as possible - relax a bit more if you can for a few days. its not life threatening, but i truly felt like i could have died when that pain hit me.

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
sounds like anxiety. i had the exact same thing when i quit smoking. everything feels great, no problems, then some piercing pain in the upper chest an inch away from the sternum that kinda feels like someone took a red hot iron and poked it into a nerve cluster.

if that sounds like what you're having, it'll go away. destress yourself as much as possible - relax a bit more if you can for a few days. its not life threatening, but i truly felt like i could have died when that pain hit me.
Yeah, see, you're not alone on this.

My solution: joints, and many of them. :439: haha

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, see, you're not alone on this.

My solution: joints, and many of them. :439: haha
i like the way you think

i also vote anxiety, i've definitely read plenty about it happening to people on cycle, even with just Test. I read about one guy who had such bad anxiety on EQ he had to stop taking it, he was freaking out.

LiveWire224

LiveWire224

Awards
  • Established
Final Answer: ANXIETY, PANIC ATTACKS.

The fact you are on a steriod adds go your panic.

I use to get them bad when I was young, Felt like I was having a heart attack, couldn't breath, Buggout. All for my mother to tell me chill out, go back to bed, you're fine, freaking relax......and all that.

Now that I know what "they" are I can calm myself and fight them off before "they" even get going.

Fight or Flight, fight now that you know what "they" are.