Prohormone scene & changes in the industry

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
I've been off the forums for a while. I'm super busy with a new career/house/fiance and I havent been able to follow the new developments in the prohormone scene.

I know the "Tren" based prohormones got banned but it looks like they are ALL drying up. CEL is one of the few familiar brands still putting out prohormones. Someone bring me up to speed. Is there an impending broader ban coming? Is the liability scaring everyone away? Whats up, im out of the loop. Are the superdrol/mdrol, epis and hdrols of the world doomed. Pheraplex and closes are still legal aren't they? Im out of touch

In college I followed the designer hormone scene like crazy. I was all over the forums and the new stuff, who was making it, etc. I dont know whats up now. A lot of the new stuff seems to be based on DHT or otherwise killer on the androgenic side thus slaughtering my already suffering hairline. I dont even know what any of these new ones (Alpha One) are like.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
liability is whats making all ph's and designer steroids harder to obtain....retailers dont really want to mess with that anymore after "tren", phera and whatever else was banned recently

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
Oh Phera went with Tren as well? I'm way out of the loop then. It's been months and months since I followed it. Thats a pitty...

I thought it was just the Trens (9 estra-4,9(10)-diene-3,17-dione) and
Boldione. I didnt know they got Phera (Desoxymethyltestosterone) too. I think I have a couple bottles of it in a closet somewhere from when it got super cheap. ;)

It's not looking good. This time last year there were a ton of choices and manufacturers. Less places even carry them now.

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
CEL is one of the few familiar brands still putting out prohormones.
I don't think CEL is producing PH/DS anymore. What is out there now is probably the last of the product. Last I heard they were transitioning to a non-hormonal line.

If there is anything out there that you see for sale that you want, then you should stock up now. Otherwise, just switch over to the "black market".

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
I don't think CEL is producing PH/DS anymore. What is out there now is probably the last of the product. Last I heard they were transitioning to a non-hormonal line.

If there is anything out there that you see for sale that you want, then you should stock up now. Otherwise, just switch over to the "black market".
I didnt think it would get this bad this fast. If you would have asked me this time last year I would have said we had a good 3-4 more years of the choice and variety we saw in 2008. In other words, they would ban 1 or 2 compounds but another novel one would pop up each year.

Sad times. Then again, its understandable. We had 16 year old kids walking around jacked up on what were essentially designer steroids they bought at their local supplement store. As they say, all good things must come to and end.

I can say that the manufacturers who have the nuts to keep selling quality prohormones up until the bitter end will make a lot of money. I'm interested in seeing what the market has to offer. I like seeing a quality company like Primordial consider a Liqua-Vade sdrol.

Does anyone else find it ironic that some of the newer, less damaging designers got banned relatively quickly while one of the Granddaddies with very pronounced effects on your lipid profile is still lurking in the shadows "swolin" up youngsters? I mean if there was one choice I would say can be the harshest in terms of sides it would be sdrol.

andro69

andro69

Awards
  • Established
So I take it Epi and H-drol is still being made and is still legal? Is there a list of all the banned PH/DS's?

ImJ2x

ImJ2x

Awards
  • Established
The only 3 that actually got banned this time are Phera, Tren, and Bold. I'm not really sure why all the manufacturers are turning puzzy so fast. As stated above, whoever has the nutz to continue producing non-banned stuff will get paid...

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Oh Phera went with Tren as well? I'm way out of the loop then. It's been months and months since I followed it. Thats a pitty...

I thought it was just the Trens (9 estra-4,9(10)-diene-3,17-dione) and
Boldione. I didnt know they got Phera (Desoxymethyltestosterone) too. I think I have a couple bottles of it in a closet somewhere from when it got super cheap. ;)

It's not looking good. This time last year there were a ton of choices and manufacturers. Less places even carry them now.
Phera, tren, and bold were the latest banned. I think you could buy legally until the first of the year.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
there still are smaller companies putting out stuff like dimeth, 13-ethyl, SD, and ive seen a few epis popping up . but theyre all expensive

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
a few people have already said this - tren , phera , and bold were the only 3 to get banned.

back when original superdrol was banned, the FDA issued a "cease and desist" letter to AX. since we all pretty much can guess what happened there, the new administration bans the compound, rather than the company with the original product. post original superdrol ban, you could still find clones for sale, and even get the original off ebay pretty easily. the new approach is to ban the compound entirely, while moving the compound onto the "controlled substance list", so possession laws will be the same as if you had real gear - the only difference is you could feign ignorance, since some prohormones were at some time legal.

if you want to see the rest on the chopping block, here's a quick idea:
www.fda.gov/safety/recalls/ucm188929.htm

this is why some companies liquidated their stock and walked away, as well as retailers - if anyone is issued what used to be a simple "cease and desist" turns into "return all product to the FDA - its illegal to sell it now, so sorry if you paid for it. maybe we can allocate some TARP funds to you. oh, we're broke, sorry."

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
there still are smaller companies putting out stuff like dimeth, 13-ethyl, SD, and ive seen a few epis popping up . but theyre all expensive
Who is still actively producing these "prohormones" right now? And whats the best place to get them? I see Nutraplanet doesnt sell them anymore (they used to have IBE's Epi) and even smaller sites like Planetary Nutrition dont seem to carry them anymore.

a few people have already said this - tren , phera , and bold were the only 3 to get banned.

back when original superdrol was banned, the FDA issued a "cease and desist" letter to AX. since we all pretty much can guess what happened there, the new administration bans the compound, rather than the company with the original product. post original superdrol ban, you could still find clones for sale, and even get the original off ebay pretty easily. the new approach is to ban the compound entirely, while moving the compound onto the "controlled substance list", so possession laws will be the same as if you had real gear - the only difference is you could feign ignorance, since some prohormones were at some time legal.

if you want to see the rest on the chopping block, here's a quick idea:
www.fda.gov/safety/recalls/ucm188929.htm

this is why some companies liquidated their stock and walked away, as well as retailers - if anyone is issued what used to be a simple "cease and desist" turns into "return all product to the FDA - its illegal to sell it now, so sorry if you paid for it. maybe we can allocate some TARP funds to you. oh, we're broke, sorry."
A large segment of people will just go to the black market now.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Who is still actively producing these "prohormones" right now? And whats the best place to get them? I see Nutraplanet doesnt sell them anymore (they used to have IBE's Epi) and even smaller sites like Planetary Nutrition dont seem to carry them anymore.

A large segment of people will just go to the black market now.
Tere are a few placesstill selling them online but as the liabilitiy increases, most placeswill smarten up and stop selling them. The liability of involvement from the FDA or DEA and lawsuits is just too high.

Some people will go to the black market but for many people, the risk of legal complications is not worth the risk.

Broly

Awards
  • Established
This is when I'm glad to live in Europe. Everything here is legal except for the 1-AD (dione and diol) and 4-AD. So, some sites from here have pretty good stuff at pretty prices;) (alot nicer than the ones I saw after the ban in the USA).
With this said, I'm still disapointed to that ban and the others (including the original AAS ban, because if you want some you can get it).

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
This is when I'm glad to live in Europe. Everything here is legal except for the 1-AD (dione and diol) and 4-AD. So, some sites from here have pretty good stuff at pretty prices;) (alot nicer than the ones I saw after the ban in the USA).
With this said, I'm still disapointed to that ban and the others (including the original AAS ban, because if you want some you can get it).
Depending where you live in the EU, you could probably use the real thing cheaply and easily. ;) I'd much rather have some high dose anavar or some turanabol!

Another aspect of this is even if these compounds arent banned in the EU most of the producers and distributors are based in the U.S. (even though the raw powders are mostly sourced from Asia, etc.). If all the manufacturers stop making them here your selection, availability, and price will be affected in the EU as well. It's not good news for anyone.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
From an industry standpoint I think you will see the PH's come from small companies that will sell direct to their customers (vs e-tailers).

But PH's sell. So dont expect them to disappear until they are actually banned.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
From an industry standpoint I think you will see the PH's come from small companies that will sell direct to their customers (vs e-tailers).

But PH's sell. So dont expect them to disappear until they are actually banned.
Good point, there is huge money to be made here still. Until its outright illegal we will still have some options. Im disappointed to see CEL getting out of prohormones.

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Depending where you live in the EU, you could probably use the real thing cheaply and easily. ;) I'd much rather have some high dose anavar or some turanabol!
I'm not sure, but as I'm from a European Union country (Portugal) I guess the legislations is the same for all the countrys of this comunity (if our fishing numbers are the same for all comunity states, I guess other law subjects like illegal drugs are as well). Oh and Oral Turinabol is the number one drug for beginers in steroids over here:D

Another aspect of this is even if these compounds arent banned in the EU most of the producers and distributors are based in the U.S. (even though the raw powders are mostly sourced from Asia, etc.). If all the manufacturers stop making them here your selection, availability, and price will be affected in the EU as well. It's not good news for anyone.
Yeah, you're right in some way. The prices have risen a little, but now we have much more offer than you in the USA, things like Bold, Tren, Phera (wich is cheaper than m-drol:)), The One, Protodrol, 4OHT in 12gr powder, M4OHN, etc... are not anly avalable but legal and at fine prices:D.
Unfortunatly I live in a country where PH are much rare than AAS (it's easier to get Nandrolone decanate or Winstrol suspension than Phera or Epistane, even though the first ones have the illigal status), but things are extremely easy to trade over Comunity coutries.:)

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
still way easy to get PH's. And the ban actually helped me out, when the etailers freaked out I was scoring bottles for 10-15$ each so now I have enough oral steroids to keep my liver on the edge for the next half a ****in decade.

It takes forever for these bans to go through as we've seen... Look at PP releasing their 1-T tren LV right up to the point of the ban and knowing they will sell out. I think companies will keep taking advantage of it all. I've seen plenty still doing so.

Anyway the best baddest one that was supposed to get banned first is Superdrol lol and that's still soooo easy to obtain.

chickenlegscb

Awards
Sad times, I'v only just started my first cycle of s-drol and now it looks like they won't be around for much longer.. Ah well stock up!! Also does anyone know is the new CEL product alpha 1 worth trying to get a hold of?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Until its outright illegal we will still have some options
its never been legal, has always been outright illegal. You can only sell items that are found in the food chain as dietary supplements. Anything that can't be found in the food chain is a drug. Without FDA approval its illegal to sell drugs. The items that we are now looking at specifically as "banned" have just had their status changed to be a Class III drug, so in the same category as other steroids and heroin, etc. without specifically banning the product they are still illegal, just don't carry as harsh a fine/sentence

The issue is largely that the old head of the FDA didn't like the DSHEA bill that allowed a wider range of food chain sourced supplements to be available. So he PURPOSEFULLY avoided enforcing the laws about things like steroids sold as dietary supplements because he wanted to have "evidence" that the DSHEA was a flawed law and should be repealed. Once he left in 2007 or 2008 (I forget which) the new head of the FDA saw what was going on and started enforcing th laws again.

RAZORBACK09

Awards
  • Established
I wish I would have purchased more of CEL stuff before the ban.