The PH Ban is for real now

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I don't think Mark Mcguire took androdione, its crap...Although my father takes DHEA and has a good build, he's also 51 though..

I remember when that first came to the market, I was in like 10th grade I think. A couple friends I knew started to take it, but fortunately they stopped after they did more research about the possible sides. This one kid was even selling it. :confused: I remember him saying that he had a "dealers license" or something, so he was getting it for like 15 bucks a bottle then...stupid kids. :D

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
"Since steroids were banned under the Control Act of 1990, many new substances have been developed that have essentially the same effect on the body as anabolic steroids," said the bill's sponsor and committee chairman, Wisconsin Republican Jim Sensenbrenner.
Why don't you go ahead and ban food as well? Manipulation of diet can have noticeable effects on test levels. Are they really niave as they make themselves out to be?

ke0ki

Board Supporter
Awards
Yeah I would not be surprised to hear that Mcguire took real gear and used andro as a coverup.

I was listening to NPR and heard a report that the MLB took did a steroid testing of the entire league. They notified the players that the testing was going to take place 6 months before it happened. Even after being notified of the test, 10% of the league tested positive for steroids. They of course, did not release the identities of those who tested positive, for that would be detrimental to the integrity of the MLB.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I would not be surprised to hear that Mcguire took real gear and used andro as a coverup.

I was listening to NPR and heard a report that the MLB took did a steroid testing of the entire league. They notified the players that the testing was going to take place 6 months before it happened. Even after being notified of the test, 10% of the league tested positive for steroids. They of course, did not release the identities of those who tested positive, for that would be detrimental to the integrity of the MLB.
Yeah, I heard that to bro..what pi$$es me off about that whole situation was that congress-aka-John Mccain told the league that if they don't do something about the situation, congress would step in and do it for them.

I mean WTF?? MLB is NOT a part of the federal gov't....why should they have any say in the situation? It just continues to pi$$ me off that they think they can come in and start telling people what to do/how to regulate things when its really none of their business.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Fella's what we got on our hands is a bunch of fucking cowboys :cool:

NO MERCY

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I heard that to bro..what pi$$es me off about that whole situation was that congress-aka-John Mccain told the league that if they don't do something about the situation, congress would step in and do it for them.

I mean WTF?? MLB is NOT a part of the federal gov't....why should they have any say in the situation? It just continues to pi$$ me off that they think they can come in and start telling people what to do/how to regulate things when its really none of their business.

Ya man that pisses me off.

realsoundjim

Awards
  • Established
whoa whoa whoa. so is this new news or is it along the same lines as what happened a week ago? is the ball really moving on this ban thing now?? or is it still just about andro....dione?

ke0ki

Board Supporter
Awards
i assume it's referring to prohormones in general. like i said before i'm not sure exactly what substances fall under this ban, but it'd be a good idea to start stocking up asap.

my2sense

Awards
This was taken from a thread at bb.com:

Below is the list of banned substances included in the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004 introduced in the House:

As you can see, it covers much more than just androstenedione.
Essentially every currently legal androgen is covered.

And the last stanza of the bill which states:
"any salt, ester, or ether of a drug or substance described in this paragraph" pretty much covers any variants not specifically named.

`(A) The term `anabolic steroid' means any drug or hormonal substance, chemically and pharmacologically related to testosterone (other than estrogens, progestins, corticosteroids, and dehydroepiandrosterone), and includes--

`(i) androstanediol--

`(I) 3b,17b-dihydroxy-5a-androstane; and

`(II) 3a,17b-dihydroxy-5a-androstane;

`(ii) androstanedione (5a-androstan-3,17-dione);

`(iii) androstenediol--

`(I) 1-androstenediol (3b,17b-dihydroxy-5a-androst-1-ene);

`(II) 1-androstenediol (3a,17b-dihydroxy-5a-androst-1-ene);

`(III) 4-androstenediol (3b,17b-dihydroxy-androst-4-ene); and

`(IV) 5-androstenediol (3b,17b-dihydroxy-androst-5-ene);

`(iv) androstenedione--

`(I) 1-androstenedione ([5a]-androst-1-en-3,17-dione);

`(II) 4-androstenedione (androst-4-en-3,17-dione); and

`(III) 5-androstenedione (androst-5-en-3,17-dione);

`(v) bolasterone (7a,17a-dimethyl-17b-hydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one);

`(vi) boldenone (17b-hydroxyandrost-1,4,-diene-3-one);

`(vii) calusterone (7b,17a-dimethyl-17b-hydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one);

`(viii) clostebol (4-chloro-17b-hydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one);

`(ix) dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (4-chloro-17b-hydroxy-17a-methyl-androst-1,4-dien-3-one);

`(x) 4-dihydrotestosterone (17b-hydroxy-androstan-3-one);

`(xi) drostanolone (17b-hydroxy-2a-methyl-5a-androstan-3-one);

`(xii) ethylestrenol (17a-ethyl-17b-hydroxyestr-4-ene);

`(xiii) fluoxymesterone (9-fluoro-17a-methyl-11b,17b-dihydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one);

`(xiv) formebolone (2-formyl-17a-methyl-11a,17b-dihydroxyandrost-1,4-dien-3-one);

`(xv) furazabol (17a-methyl-17b-hydroxyandrostano[2,3-c]-furazan);

`(xvi) 18a-homo-17b-hydroxyestr-4-en-3-one (13b-ethyl-17b-hydroxygon-4-en-3-one);

`(xvii) 4-hydroxytestosterone (4,17b-dihydroxy-androst-4-en-3-one);

`(xviii) 4-hydroxy-19-nortestosterone (4,17b-dihydroxy-estr-4-en-3-one);

`(xix) mestanolone (17a-methyl-17b-hydroxy-5a-androstan-3-one);

`(xx) mesterolone (1a-methyl-17b-hydroxy-[5a]-androstan-3-one);

`(xxi) methandienone (17a-methyl-17b-hydroxyandrost-1,4-dien-3-one);

`(xxii) methandriol (17a-methyl-3b,17b-dihydroxyandrost-5-ene);

`(xxiii) methenolone (1-methyl-17b-hydroxy-5a-androst-1-en-3-one);

`(xxiv) methyltestosterone (17a-methyl-17b-hydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one);

`(xxv) mibolerone (7a,17a-dimethyl-17b-hydroxyestr-4-en-3-one);

`(xxvi) nandrolone (17b-hydroxyestr-4-en-3-one);

`(xxvii) norandrostenediol--

`(I) 19-nor-4-androstenediol (3b, 17b-dihydroxyestr-4-ene);

`(II) 19-nor-4-androstenediol (3a, 17b-dihydroxyestr-4-ene);

`(III) 19-nor-5-androstenediol (3b, 17b-dihydroxyestr-5-ene); and

`(IV) 19-nor-5-androstenediol (3a, 17b-dihydroxyestr-5-ene);

`(xxviii) norandrostenedione--

`(I) 19-nor-4-androstenedione (estr-4-en-3,17-dione); and

`(II) 19-nor-5-androstenedione (estr-5-en-3,17-dione;

`(xxix) norbolethone (18a-homo-17b-hydroxypregna-4-en-3-one);

`(xxx) norclostebol (4-chloro-17b-hydroxyestr-4-en-3-one);

`(xxxi) norethandrolone (17a-ethyl-17b-hydroxyestr-4-en-3-one);

`(xxxii) oxandrolone (17a-methyl-17b-hydroxy-2-oxa-[5a]-androstan-3-one);

`(xxxiii) oxymesterone (17a-methyl-4,17b-dihydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one);

`(xxxiv) oxymetholone (17a-methyl-2-hydroxymethylene-17b-hydroxy-[5a]-androstan-3-one);

`(xxxv) stanozolol (17a-methyl-17b-hydroxy-[5a]-androst-2-eno[3,2-c]-pyrazole);

`(xxxvi) stenbolone (17b-hydroxy-2-methyl-[5a]-androst-1-en-3-one);

`(xxxvii) testolactone (13-hydroxy-3-oxo-13,17-secoandrosta-1,4-dien-17-oic acid lactone);

`(xxxviii) 1-testosterone (17b-hydroxy-5a-androst-1-en-3-one);

`(xxxix) testosterone (17b-hydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one);

`(xl) tetrahydrogestrinone (13b,17a-diethyl-17b-hydroxygon-4,9,11-trien-3-one);

`(xli) trenbolone (17b-hydroxyestr-4,9,11-trien-3-one); and

`(xlii) any salt, ester, or ether of a drug or substance described in this paragraph.'; and

(2) in paragraph (44), by inserting `anabolic steroids,' after `marihuana,'.

Here is a link to the actual text of the bill introduced in the House.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query...p/~c108IhoBjH::

Note, a different version of the bill has already been introduced in the Senate. If and when they both pass the floors of the respected houses of congress, they will go to final committee and any discrepancies between the two versions will be worked out and then sent to the President to be signed or vetoed.

- EME

Vice

Awards
List of substances on the banned list

androstanediol
androstanedion
androstenediol
1-androstenediol
4-androstenediol
5-androstenediol
1-androstenedione
4-androstenedione
5-androstenedione
bolasterone
boldenone
calusterone
clostebol
dehydrochlormethyltestosterone
4-dihydrotestosterone
drostanolone
ethylestrenol
fluoxymesterone
fomebolone
furazabol
hydroxyandrostano
4-hdroxytestosterone
4-hyrdoxy-19-nortestosterone
mestanolone
mesterolone
methandienone
methandriol
methenolone
methyltestosterone
mibolerone
nandrolone
norandrostenediol
norandrostenedione
norbolethone
norethandrolone
oxandrolone
oxymesterone
oxymetholone
stanozolol
stenbolone
testolcatone
1-testosterone :(
testosterone
tetrahydrogestrinone
"any salt, ester, or ether of a drug or substance described in this paragraph"

dont see m-dien .. but i dont know my substances to well

link to bill
http://www.casper207.com/files/HR3866.pdf

legaljuicer

Awards
time to raid the piggy bank

azgymrat

Awards
What the F___! They want us all to be criminals then I'll oblige them. Mexico's only 3 hours away so I can make that trip every 3-4 months or so. PH's are good but the real thing is still better. Oh... John Mcdickhead is from my state and he and the rest of them can just kiss my ass! :shoot:

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established

The same thing happened to the PGA a few years back. Of course it wasn't steroid related though. :D All I know is if I was the president of a sports league and the gov't threatened to step in they would get my foot up their ass.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Time to stock up and stash it.........fuk it, if it's all just as illegal.....I'm going to the dark side.....who's with me?

mrfumetsu

Awards
i don't see 17alpha-methyl-17beta-hydroxy-5alpha-androst-1-en-3-one on there

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
Time to stock up and stash it.........fuk it, if it's all just as illegal.....I'm going to the dark side.....who's with me?

i hear ya bro...i've got a lil more room to grow before i start anything so i might as well get more bang for my buck!!!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I'm with you
I'm a criminal now
A F_cking Criminal

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Man, what a bunch of fucking TOOLS!! When will the government get a clue?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Fucking sad that bodybuilders had to become the sacrificial lamb of politicians, I'll never vote democrat or republican, they don't seem to represent my voice.

I guess I better learn how to convert Fina & Syno.

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Whose with me for the libertarian ticket!!!

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
As near as I can tell, it was approved by the House Judiciary Committee and is being sent to the House floor. It is not yet a law.

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Can't make direct quote, but the new bill authorizes gov't to update law, if passed, at any time for any new product that is introduced. M-Dien, etc... They are just hoes, being screwed by pharmaceutical companies. If eli-lilly starts making M-Dien, it will be all good as long as an MD prescribes it. I can type for hours about how pissed I am about our gov't, however it doesn't mean a damn thing. John McCain doesn't work out, he doesn't care, but he loves his name in the limelight, and he'll be proud to be one of the ringleaders to bring down big-bad-ANDRO. He brag on that all the way through his future presidential campaign. He'll be damned to get my vote!

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
We need to get Bush the fvck out of office...
I can't stand that fvck. Everyone needs to vote democrat; even though I don't care much for Kerry either, but I won't stand for Bush anymore. If Bush gets elected, I'm moving to Canada... :shoot:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Democrator Republican..it matters very little.

The most aggregious of the proposed bills is backed by Sen Joe Biden..a democrat. He has strong and vocal support from John McCain a Rep. Bush is a big enough tool to make steroids an issue during his Stateof the Union Address..during wartime no less.

The baseball situation is what REALLy gets me angry. That industry makes BILLIONS of dollars a year yet they can't or won't get their **** together so the government is going to waste OUR tax dollars ensuring that no steroids get into the hands of proffessional sports players. One of the bills makes it a felony to be within a mile of a "sports facility" with steroidal compounds..extra prison time.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
I can't stand that fvck. Everyone needs to vote democrat; even though I don't care much for Kerry either, but I won't stand for Bush anymore. If Bush gets elected, I'm moving to Canada...

Canada? are you on drugs

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I can't stand that fvck. Everyone needs to vote democrat; even though I don't care much for Kerry either, but I won't stand for Bush anymore. If Bush gets elected, I'm moving to Canada...

Canada? are you on drugs
No Mr. smartass, care to elaborate??

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
hmm.. move to canada because ph are being banned in the US. They are already banned here. Looks like you are the smart one.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't complain about bush... try living in a country where the prime minister was never even elected.
cc

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
It's not a democrat or republican issue. Most of the country has a negative opinion about steroids. Therefore it's a great issue for a D or R to get their names in the paper. It doesn't matter it's Bush or Kerry. It's a bipartisan bill.
That being said it's not two late to stop it. The supplement industry dropped the ball. Someone told me that they all got together and had been lobbying the government and recently let that go which is a big mistake. My guess is that there were many of them tiring to slit each others throats behind the scenes while this was going on. You get bet that certain supplement companies who have decided to stop making prohormones are going to want to get ride of any competition who are still selling them. Derek C. the owner of syntax said that another supplement company squealed to the FDA when they were selling triax. Do you think the same thing won't happen again? I am sure they will be educating the FDA on why methylated products are steroids, how they cause liver damage, and many other problems.
The supplement companies own arrogance and stupidity isn't helping either. When you tell newspapers that the old andro that the FDA banned is the junked car sitting in your yard and the new products are like supped up corvettes, that isn't helping either. When they changed the name from prohormones to prosteriods was the beginning of the end. All of the media, politicians, and most of the public think that steroids are bad. What the companies essentially did when they changed the name was pick up negative attention at best or at worse put a target on their backs.
The ball is in the hands of the consumers now. What we need to do is bomb the politicians with e mails, letters and phone calls. Make intelligent points such as bring up the economic issues. Point out the small wholesale retail supplement companies will be put out of business. Start up companies who have spent large amounts of money on research will have flushed their time and money down the toilet. Make sure to tell them that if they pass the bill they don't have your vote. If the sleazy bastards think that there is enough people to kick them out of office they will vote against it.

Vice

Awards
I caught a thing on the PH/Supplement Ban on CBS this morning and it mentioned a few things along with ephedra being banned and synpherine (bitter orange) going to be banned. It also mentioned yohimbe at the end. That's news to me.. Anyone hear about yohimbe wanting to be banned? That would suck ass.

NO MERCY

Awards
  • Established
I can't stand that fvck. Everyone needs to vote democrat; even though I don't care much for Kerry either, but I won't stand for Bush anymore. If Bush gets elected, I'm moving to Canada... :shoot:
I agree and I am with you

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
hmm.. move to canada because ph are being banned in the US. They are already banned here. Looks like you are the smart one.
Bro, take your smartass remarks elsewhere. I never stated my reasons why, and I was being half sarcastic. This reply was almost worth typing. :rolleyes:

Get lost...

NoMercy, I'll make the reservations with the airlines. ;)

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
AMEN!!! You are so right...I actually had a congressman email me back from the BB.com quick reply link, and he said he got my email but the message was blank (due to technical difficulties), and he wanted me to resend the message. So there you have it, they DO read it and we CAN do something!!! Here's the link to email your congressman: www.congress.org

It's not a democrat or republican issue. Most of the country has a negative opinion about steroids. Therefore it's a great issue for a D or R to get their names in the paper. It doesn't matter it's Bush or Kerry. It's a bipartisan bill.
That being said it's not two late to stop it. The supplement industry dropped the ball. Someone told me that they all got together and had been lobbying the government and recently let that go which is a big mistake. My guess is that there were many of them tiring to slit each others throats behind the scenes while this was going on. You get bet that certain supplement companies who have decided to stop making prohormones are going to want to get ride of any competition who are still selling them. Derek C. the owner of syntax said that another supplement company squealed to the FDA when they were selling triax. Do you think the same thing won't happen again? I am sure they will be educating the FDA on why methylated products are steroids, how they cause liver damage, and many other problems.
The supplement companies own arrogance and stupidity isn't helping either. When you tell newspapers that the old andro that the FDA banned is the junked car sitting in your yard and the new products are like supped up corvettes, that isn't helping either. When they changed the name from prohormones to prosteriods was the beginning of the end. All of the media, politicians, and most of the public think that steroids are bad. What the companies essentially did when they changed the name was pick up negative attention at best or at worse put a target on their backs.
The ball is in the hands of the consumers now. What we need to do is bomb the politicians with e mails, letters and phone calls. Make intelligent points such as bring up the economic issues. Point out the small wholesale retail supplement companies will be put out of business. Start up companies who have spent large amounts of money on research will have flushed their time and money down the toilet. Make sure to tell them that if they pass the bill they don't have your vote. If the sleazy bastards think that there is enough people to kick them out of office they will vote against it.

Last edited:

azgymrat

Awards
This whole thing is really not about AAS/PS or what ever. This is about the slow degradation of our constitutional rights and Big Brother telling us what to do. Now, I think Mr. Pres is a good man but he’s dead wrong on this. Problem is there is nobody in DC with the nuts to even give a opposing opinion, let alone stand up and fight it. This is still the best country to live in that there is, and as much as I’m tempted to say it’s time to grab the AK47’s, the pen is mightier than the sword. I’ve written twice to each of my Representatives and to the President and I’m going to write again. If we each sent an e-mail to ten people asking their help by writing to congress, and they sent it to 10 people in about 3 days they would have received about 14 million e-mails about it. THAT MIGHT GET THEM TO THINK!

mark

Awards
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

C.S. Lewis

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Just got done writing Senator McCain. I urge you all to write your reps and senators. Please write a reasonable, intelligent letter as rants tend to get round filed. Our only hope lies in showing that there are intelligent people who use these products and that we're willing to organize.

If any of you can take the time to bitch on this or other forums then you certainly have time to write a letter to you elected officials..otherwise sit down, STFU, and smile as the government runs roughshod over your rights.

azgymrat

Awards
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

C.S. Lewis
At least with the "Robber Barons" we know who the enemy is and what to expect from them. Under the cloak of our elected leadership...?

"If any of you can take the time to bitch on this or other forums then you certainly have time to write a letter to you elected officials..otherwise sit down, STFU, and smile as the government runs roughshod over your rights."
If half the effort that is put into this and other boards was focused on Washington our position wouldn't be nearly as tenuous.

tedtickle

Awards
Ladies and Gentleman, we are in the days of special interest groups and career politicians. Money talks and bs walks and right now, the special interest groups are putting up all the money. Writing your Congressperson is effective to a certain point, but if your not flying them to Vegas for a special "convention", they will not give much thought to your argument. Imagine if a bill were in Congress to ban plastic surgery, which by the way kills and injures more people than steroids, ph, ephedra, etc. People would go crazy and burn stuff just to get their tummy tucks and nose jobs. Banning cigarettes and alcohol would ellicit the same response. Bodybuilders want to improve theirselves through hard work and they want to brand us as criminals. The only way to fight the ban would be to expose all the other "health-endangering" products and ask those to be banned also. People will not react or think deeply about issues unless it affects them personally. And as long as high fructose corn syrup is on the market so should ph's. (gets down off soapbox)

the5thhorseman

Board Supporter
Awards
We still have time to try and get the bill shot down!!!!

I used to work for C-SPAN, and this is about all I remember.........

The "PH BAN BILL" may have passed with no objections, but that is just in one committee. it still has to go through at least one other committee and possibly others before it even see's the floor. Then there will be the actual vote. If it passes, the senate will take their version and try and make the two match, they'll probably change it and the process starts all over in sub-committee's in both houses...it goes on like this until both houses pass the exact same bill and send it to Bush, where he can still Veto it (probably won't though, maybe gov. termitator can persuade him otherwise), this whole process may take till the end of the year, but either way, I don't see the ban going into effect until at least 2005. It's not the best knews, but we still have time before going to the darkside!!

Plus if you are really really rich, you can promise your senator or rep lots of campaign money for tabling it...good luck!!!

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Writing your Congressperson is effective to a certain point, but if your not flying them to Vegas for a special "convention", they will not give much thought to your argument. Imagine if a bill were in Congress to ban plastic surgery, which by the way kills and injures more people than steroids, ph, ephedra, etc.
Good points ted. ......which is why the supplement companies never should have stopped lobbying. In order for the politicians they need to get a huge grass roots response from the consumers.