The PH Ban is for real now - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

The PH Ban is for real now

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Advanced Member

They're searching for a balanced view from the other side...and what do they get? Silence? Reports of infighting? Complacency? BK bragging about how he can whip up a dozen new substances at the drop of a hat? It makes the industry look not only irresponsible and greedy, but also not in a position to make health-related decisions in terms of supplement production. Think about it. They can't even set aside their greed and egos for one minute to come up with their own standards...as a result, the gov't will be asked to do something, and they reluctantly will.
    I agree with you that the supplement industry can thank them selves for allot of this. One thing that needs to happen is the baseball scandal needs to go away fast. I doubt this will happen and at this point I doubt some intelligent person from the supplement industry will help. The FDA has it positioned it's self to ban all prohormones. Even if the three bills don't make it is probably likely that the FDA will just step in and ban all of it like they did with ephedrine. I also think the government deliberately linked prohormones to the baseball scandal, which would indicate that they will get rid of the regardless. Sorry but mark Maguire didn't break the home run record and get 20 inch arms from andro. So prohormones will be banned and athletes will just move on to the next undetectable steroid.

2. Banned

See the attachment for my argument.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  3. Professional Member

Try getting back on topic guys.

I encourage you all to continue to email, call, and write your elected officials to complain.

Now that the issue is more pressing, elected officials may be more inclined to listen. it certainly will not hurt to try.
    •   

4. Banned

Now back to my post
  5. Professional Member

If you live in the USA then this should concern you. I think it would be in your best interest to write/fax and/or call. These pending matters do not only effect the supplement industry but it also would institute harsher penalties on AAS.

http://www.usfa.biz/modules.php?op=m...le&sid=4&mp=11

I believe the above link only gives the people who are heading these bills. If you desire to send directly to officials for your region use this link http://mygov.governmentguide.com/myg...ials/congress/ and just copy the letter fromt he USFA site.
    Last edited by size; 04-08-2004 at 01:52 PM.
  6. New Member

Well done, Size!
  7. New Member

Bush/Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by Jergo
    We need to get Bush the **** out of office...
    I can't stand that ****. Everyone needs to vote democrat; even though I don't care much for Kerry either, but I won't stand for Bush anymore. If Bush gets elected, I'm moving to Canada...
    This has nothing to do with the price of tea in china...republicans AND an equal number of democrats are for this ban.

This ban is bi-partisan and no one is going to be against it for the most part. It's politically at a disadvantage. Bush has nothing to do with this ban anyway...that's just dumb. If you're referring to his speech about steroids in pro-sports...these were not included or referred to.
  8. New Member

People

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopher
    the reason they are putting so much emphasis on this ban, is that the economy is ****ed, they are in a war they cant win, they ****ed up many many times, and this is the best way to distract joe public..
    get them on the banning bandwagon and they will forget all about how the pres ****ed up at every turn... ****ers
    It's funny...people bring up every possible thing that goes on in the world that they think is ****ed up when one issue comes up. The partisan horn sounds and the democrats and the republicans are divided.

I'm against the ban obviously but we are not in a war we cannot win. The economy has been on the upswing for several months, including the stockmarket on a steady rise, last months employment going up, the GDP going up and every economist except for liberal pundits agree the economy is in a good recovery. Is everything perfect...no. Will anyone in any office do everything perfect...of course not.

How many of "Joe Public" will be "distracted" by this ban that CONGRESS is passing (overwhelming high percentages of republicans AND Democrats)....NONE...that's just dumb thinking that a PH or AAS ban is distracting anyone from anything.

I support GWB as president and for the most part I've agreed with about 75% of what he's done. Cut taxes twice and made REAL differences in my paycheck (some of which paid for my PH's). He's raised my pay (Fed. Employee) three times in substantial amounts. I believe we have done morally right in Iraq because I've seen it firsthand and people who haven't who sit on their liberal and Ignorant high horse really should see what was compared to what is in Iraq today. Yep, again, there's problems...those seeking eutopian solutions are fools in the first place...but except for a few areas we rescued that country from a terrible murderous dictator.

There were also people who were very much against WWII until Pearl Harbor. Isolationist will never learn...we are one and Evil Succeeds and Flourishes when good men do nothing.
  9. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by size
    If you live in the USA then this should concern you. I think it would be in your best interest to write/fax and/or call. These pending matters do not only effect the supplement industry but it also would institute harsher penalties on AAS.

http://www.usfa.biz/modules.php?op=m...le&sid=4&mp=11

I believe the above link only gives the people who are heading these bills. If you desire to send directly to officials for your region use this link http://mygov.governmentguide.com/myg...ials/congress/ and just copy the letter fromt he USFA site.

Stay focused ladies.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Agreed Size.

If you all can take the time to rant here you can take the time to write your elected officials. Let's not go down quietly.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-06-2004, 01:35 PM
  2. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 11:58 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 01:13 PM
  4. What does a potential PH ban do for AAS users?
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-16-2003, 03:03 PM
  5. So if the ph-ban goes through.........
    By pjorstad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2002, 01:58 PM