The PH Ban is for real now

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Democrator Republican..it matters very little.

    The most aggregious of the proposed bills is backed by Sen Joe Biden..a democrat. He has strong and vocal support from John McCain a Rep. Bush is a big enough tool to make steroids an issue during his Stateof the Union Address..during wartime no less.

    The baseball situation is what REALLy gets me angry. That industry makes BILLIONS of dollars a year yet they can't or won't get their **** together so the government is going to waste OUR tax dollars ensuring that no steroids get into the hands of proffessional sports players. One of the bills makes it a felony to be within a mile of a "sports facility" with steroidal compounds..extra prison time.


  2. We need to get Bush the **** out of office...
    I can't stand that ****. Everyone needs to vote democrat; even though I don't care much for Kerry either, but I won't stand for Bush anymore. If Bush gets elected, I'm moving to Canada...


    Canada? are you on drugs
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by canadian champ
    We need to get Bush the **** out of office...
    I can't stand that ****. Everyone needs to vote democrat; even though I don't care much for Kerry either, but I won't stand for Bush anymore. If Bush gets elected, I'm moving to Canada...


    Canada? are you on drugs
    No Mr. smartass, care to elaborate??

  4. hmm.. move to canada because ph are being banned in the US. They are already banned here. Looks like you are the smart one.

  5. I wouldn't complain about bush... try living in a country where the prime minister was never even elected.
    cc

  6. It's not a democrat or republican issue. Most of the country has a negative opinion about steroids. Therefore it's a great issue for a D or R to get their names in the paper. It doesn't matter it's Bush or Kerry. It's a bipartisan bill.
    That being said it's not two late to stop it. The supplement industry dropped the ball. Someone told me that they all got together and had been lobbying the government and recently let that go which is a big mistake. My guess is that there were many of them tiring to slit each others throats behind the scenes while this was going on. You get bet that certain supplement companies who have decided to stop making prohormones are going to want to get ride of any competition who are still selling them. Derek C. the owner of syntax said that another supplement company squealed to the FDA when they were selling triax. Do you think the same thing won't happen again? I am sure they will be educating the FDA on why methylated products are steroids, how they cause liver damage, and many other problems.
    The supplement companies own arrogance and stupidity isn't helping either. When you tell newspapers that the old andro that the FDA banned is the junked car sitting in your yard and the new products are like supped up corvettes, that isn't helping either. When they changed the name from prohormones to prosteriods was the beginning of the end. All of the media, politicians, and most of the public think that steroids are bad. What the companies essentially did when they changed the name was pick up negative attention at best or at worse put a target on their backs.
    The ball is in the hands of the consumers now. What we need to do is bomb the politicians with e mails, letters and phone calls. Make intelligent points such as bring up the economic issues. Point out the small wholesale retail supplement companies will be put out of business. Start up companies who have spent large amounts of money on research will have flushed their time and money down the toilet. Make sure to tell them that if they pass the bill they don't have your vote. If the sleazy bastards think that there is enough people to kick them out of office they will vote against it.

  7. I caught a thing on the PH/Supplement Ban on CBS this morning and it mentioned a few things along with ephedra being banned and synpherine (bitter orange) going to be banned. It also mentioned yohimbe at the end. That's news to me.. Anyone hear about yohimbe wanting to be banned? That would suck ass.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Jergo
    We need to get Bush the **** out of office...
    I can't stand that ****. Everyone needs to vote democrat; even though I don't care much for Kerry either, but I won't stand for Bush anymore. If Bush gets elected, I'm moving to Canada...
    I agree and I am with you

  9. Quote Originally Posted by canadian champ
    hmm.. move to canada because ph are being banned in the US. They are already banned here. Looks like you are the smart one.
    Bro, take your smartass remarks elsewhere. I never stated my reasons why, and I was being half sarcastic. This reply was almost worth typing.

    Get lost...

    NoMercy, I'll make the reservations with the airlines.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Jergo

    NoMercy, I'll make the reservations with the airlines.
    Good looking out
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by canadian champ
    I wouldn't complain about bush... try living in a country where the prime minister was never even elected.
    cc
    and we're living in a country where the President was never actually elected

  12. AMEN!!! You are so right...I actually had a congressman email me back from the BB.com quick reply link, and he said he got my email but the message was blank (due to technical difficulties), and he wanted me to resend the message. So there you have it, they DO read it and we CAN do something!!! Here's the link to email your congressman: www.congress.org


    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
    It's not a democrat or republican issue. Most of the country has a negative opinion about steroids. Therefore it's a great issue for a D or R to get their names in the paper. It doesn't matter it's Bush or Kerry. It's a bipartisan bill.
    That being said it's not two late to stop it. The supplement industry dropped the ball. Someone told me that they all got together and had been lobbying the government and recently let that go which is a big mistake. My guess is that there were many of them tiring to slit each others throats behind the scenes while this was going on. You get bet that certain supplement companies who have decided to stop making prohormones are going to want to get ride of any competition who are still selling them. Derek C. the owner of syntax said that another supplement company squealed to the FDA when they were selling triax. Do you think the same thing won't happen again? I am sure they will be educating the FDA on why methylated products are steroids, how they cause liver damage, and many other problems.
    The supplement companies own arrogance and stupidity isn't helping either. When you tell newspapers that the old andro that the FDA banned is the junked car sitting in your yard and the new products are like supped up corvettes, that isn't helping either. When they changed the name from prohormones to prosteriods was the beginning of the end. All of the media, politicians, and most of the public think that steroids are bad. What the companies essentially did when they changed the name was pick up negative attention at best or at worse put a target on their backs.
    The ball is in the hands of the consumers now. What we need to do is bomb the politicians with e mails, letters and phone calls. Make intelligent points such as bring up the economic issues. Point out the small wholesale retail supplement companies will be put out of business. Start up companies who have spent large amounts of money on research will have flushed their time and money down the toilet. Make sure to tell them that if they pass the bill they don't have your vote. If the sleazy bastards think that there is enough people to kick them out of office they will vote against it.
    Last edited by stryder; 04-02-2004 at 01:22 PM.

  13. This whole thing is really not about AAS/PS or what ever. This is about the slow degradation of our constitutional rights and Big Brother telling us what to do. Now, I think Mr. Pres is a good man but heís dead wrong on this. Problem is there is nobody in DC with the nuts to even give a opposing opinion, let alone stand up and fight it. This is still the best country to live in that there is, and as much as Iím tempted to say itís time to grab the AK47ís, the pen is mightier than the sword. Iíve written twice to each of my Representatives and to the President and Iím going to write again. If we each sent an e-mail to ten people asking their help by writing to congress, and they sent it to 10 people in about 3 days they would have received about 14 million e-mails about it. THAT MIGHT GET THEM TO THINK!

  14. "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

    C.S. Lewis

  15. Just got done writing Senator McCain. I urge you all to write your reps and senators. Please write a reasonable, intelligent letter as rants tend to get round filed. Our only hope lies in showing that there are intelligent people who use these products and that we're willing to organize.

    If any of you can take the time to bitch on this or other forums then you certainly have time to write a letter to you elected officials..otherwise sit down, STFU, and smile as the government runs roughshod over your rights.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by mark
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

    C.S. Lewis
    At least with the "Robber Barons" we know who the enemy is and what to expect from them. Under the cloak of our elected leadership...?

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    "If any of you can take the time to bitch on this or other forums then you certainly have time to write a letter to you elected officials..otherwise sit down, STFU, and smile as the government runs roughshod over your rights."
    If half the effort that is put into this and other boards was focused on Washington our position wouldn't be nearly as tenuous.

  17. Ladies and Gentleman, we are in the days of special interest groups and career politicians. Money talks and bs walks and right now, the special interest groups are putting up all the money. Writing your Congressperson is effective to a certain point, but if your not flying them to Vegas for a special "convention", they will not give much thought to your argument. Imagine if a bill were in Congress to ban plastic surgery, which by the way kills and injures more people than steroids, ph, ephedra, etc. People would go crazy and burn stuff just to get their tummy tucks and nose jobs. Banning cigarettes and alcohol would ellicit the same response. Bodybuilders want to improve theirselves through hard work and they want to brand us as criminals. The only way to fight the ban would be to expose all the other "health-endangering" products and ask those to be banned also. People will not react or think deeply about issues unless it affects them personally. And as long as high fructose corn syrup is on the market so should ph's. (gets down off soapbox)
  18. We still have time to try and get the bill shot down!!!!


    I used to work for C-SPAN, and this is about all I remember.........

    The "PH BAN BILL" may have passed with no objections, but that is just in one committee. it still has to go through at least one other committee and possibly others before it even see's the floor. Then there will be the actual vote. If it passes, the senate will take their version and try and make the two match, they'll probably change it and the process starts all over in sub-committee's in both houses...it goes on like this until both houses pass the exact same bill and send it to Bush, where he can still Veto it (probably won't though, maybe gov. termitator can persuade him otherwise), this whole process may take till the end of the year, but either way, I don't see the ban going into effect until at least 2005. It's not the best knews, but we still have time before going to the darkside!!

    Plus if you are really really rich, you can promise your senator or rep lots of campaign money for tabling it...good luck!!!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Vice
    Anyone hear about yohimbe wanting to be banned?
    yohimbe, along with other supps are coming under fire....

    http://www.ascribe.org/cgi-bin/spew4...=2004&public=1

  20. Writing your Congressperson is effective to a certain point, but if your not flying them to Vegas for a special "convention", they will not give much thought to your argument. Imagine if a bill were in Congress to ban plastic surgery, which by the way kills and injures more people than steroids, ph, ephedra, etc.
    Good points ted. ......which is why the supplement companies never should have stopped lobbying. In order for the politicians they need to get a huge grass roots response from the consumers.

  21. and we're living in a country where the President was never actually elected
    Are you kidding? If we had it Gore's way we would have only counted the liberal parts of Florida not the whole state and got rid of the absentee military votes. Al gore would have the same stance on steroids as Bush as will Kerry. Bush and Kerry are both member of the skull and bones secret society ( which is some pretty f'd up stuff if you read about it). There really isn't much difference between any of them. Look at half the crap Bush is doing.....the immigration issues, Medicare..... he isn't taking a very conservative stance on many issues besides the military which is debatable. The bottom line is it doesn't matter who is in office......... politicians and the media know that the public perception on steroids and prohormones at this point is negative. Therefore it's a win/ win situation for them. The media gets sensational news coverage and the politicians get there names in the paper.
    Unless they get a huge response from people like us, a good amount of stuff isn't going to be around any more. Why do you think they ban androst.. first? Now they can say well if this stuff is harmful then the new stuff is worse. Their foot is in the door to ban the rest of the products. DHEA will probably be exempt because of the elderly lobby. They can also hang the supplement companies by their own words at this point. I guess years of marketing to high school kids make their IQ's drop. Looking at how they are dealing with this I can't believe how stupid they are.
  22. PH Ban bill #?


    Can I have the pro-hormone ban bill #? (Or however they are classified.) So that I can reference it in my emails?

    Thanks.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by SCORPIO
    Time to stock up and stash it.........fuk it, if it's all just as illegal.....I'm going to the dark side.....who's with me?
    I'm with ya, bro

    EDIT: These motherphukers are getting out of control with this banning ****. I think there are other things that should be on a higher priority than what supps can we ban. I.E. the economy, the job market, getting *******s off of welfare, etc.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by unfknblvbl89
    I'm with ya, bro

    EDIT: These motherphukers are getting out of control with this banning ****. I think there are other things that should be on a higher priority than what supps can we ban. I.E. the economy, the job market, getting *******s off of welfare, etc.
    Hell yeah man, we'll be getting out of the corps soon enough, just stick it out for now.

  25. You mean they were serious about the ban? ****!
    Quote Originally Posted by SCORPIO
    fuk it, if it's all just as illegal.....I'm going to the dark side.....who's with me?
    I'm already there bro.

  26. 1. Chill out. I never said what IMO would be Gore's position, which is also pure conjecture from you.
    2. The fact of the matter is that he did not win the popular vote, and nothing will change that. I could bring up many references with hard facts as to why this is true. If you wish to engage in that, this is not the place. It was a simple jab, nothing more.....so no need to overreact


    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
    Are you kidding? If we had it Gore's way we would have only counted the liberal parts of Florida not the whole state and got rid of the absentee military votes. Al gore would have the same stance on steroids as Bush as will Kerry. Bush and Kerry are both member of the skull and bones secret society ( which is some pretty f'd up stuff if you read about it). There really isn't much difference between any of them. Look at half the crap Bush is doing.....the immigration issues, Medicare..... he isn't taking a very conservative stance on many issues besides the military which is debatable. The bottom line is it doesn't matter who is in office......... politicians and the media know that the public perception on steroids and prohormones at this point is negative. Therefore it's a win/ win situation for them. The media gets sensational news coverage and the politicians get there names in the paper.
    Unless they get a huge response from people like us, a good amount of stuff isn't going to be around any more. Why do you think they ban androst.. first? Now they can say well if this stuff is harmful then the new stuff is worse. Their foot is in the door to ban the rest of the products. DHEA will probably be exempt because of the elderly lobby. They can also hang the supplement companies by their own words at this point. I guess years of marketing to high school kids make their IQ's drop. Looking at how they are dealing with this I can't believe how stupid they are.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub
    Hell yeah man, we'll be getting out of the corps soon enough, just stick it out for now.
    Sounds good, I can't ****ing wait!

  28. I am hearing rumors that we have about a month before the this passes the next level. stock up now.

  29. the reason they are putting so much emphasis on this ban, is that the economy is ****ed, they are in a war they cant win, they ****ed up many many times, and this is the best way to distract joe public..
    get them on the banning bandwagon and they will forget all about how the pres ****ed up at every turn... ****ers

  30. problem is this another war they can't win.. it is like the drug war.. haven't ever made a dent in the problem... Prohibition another losing war on a drug... outlaw it and the Kennedy get rich off of running rum..
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-06-2004, 03:35 PM
  2. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 01:58 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 03:13 PM
  4. What does a potential PH ban do for AAS users?
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-16-2003, 05:03 PM
  5. So if the ph-ban goes through.........
    By pjorstad in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2002, 03:58 PM
Log in
Log in