halotestin - is finasteride effective?

jjh5001

Awards
After discussion with my training partners, I may attempt to lift at the lighter weight class. As a result, "bulking" orals are out of the question. As I mentioned in previous thread, I'm also trying to limit hair loss (I know, i can't have my cake and eat it to...but I'll try!)

I was thinking halo 4 weeks out from the meet. I have read conflicting statement regarding finasterides effectiveness with halo. But I saw this post on another forum that made me optimistic. What do you guys think?

"

Hair loss

The use of highly androgenic steroids can negatively impact the growth of scalp hair. In fact the most common form of male pattern hair loss is directly linked to the level of androgens in such tissues, most specifically the stronger DHT metabolite of testosterone. The technical term for this type of hair loss is androgenetic alopecia, which refers to the interplay of both the male androgenic hormones and a genetic predisposition in bringing about this condition. Those who suffer from this disorder are shown to posses finer hair follicles and higher levels of DHT in comparison to a normal, hairy scalp. But since there is a genetic factor involved, many individuals will not ever see signs of this side-effect, even with very heavy steroid use. Clearly those individuals who are suffering from (or have a familial predisposition for) this type of hair loss should be very cautious when using the stronger drugs like testosterone, anadrol 50®, halotestin® and dianabol.

In many instances the renewal of lost hair can be very difficult, so avoiding this side effect before it occurs is the best advice. For those who need to worry, the decision should probably be made to either stick with the milder substances (deca-Durabolin® most favoured), or to use the ancillary drug Propecia®/Proscar® (finasteride) when taking testosterone, methyltestosterone or halotestin. Propecia® is a very effective hair loss medication, which inhibits the 5-alpha reductase enzyme specifically in the hair follicles and prostate. This item offers us little benefit with drugs that are highly androgenic without 5alpha reduction however, the most notable offenders being anadrol 50® and dianabol. We must also remember also that all anabolic/androgenic steroids activate the androgen receptor, and can likewise all promote hair loss given the right dosage and conditions."

Thanks

bb4life

bb4life

Awards
  • Established
if youre really trying to avoid hair loss stay away from halo...

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
It is extremely androgenic and I'm fairly certain it is 5-a reduced...so no, finasteride won't help.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
It is extremely androgenic and I'm fairly certain it is 5-a reduced...so no, finasteride won't help.
Halotestin is not 5-alpha reduced but since it is a very strong androgen it is unlikely that finasteride will help much.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 27
Pheromones 7
Anabolics 45
Anabolics 36
35 and Older 3