Is there a consesus on what workout routine is BEST for AAS use?

MrJingles33

Awards
First, let me apologize for my negative rep. Shared this account with my old roommate, and he did some stupid stuff on here and got me red. Please ignore that.

So I have read a TON of different views on what's best for AAS use. Seems like every single one you read, claims it's the best, and it's not even similar to the last one that claimed it was the best.

So what do you guys recommend? I know this is the most knowledgeable forum, so I'm hoping I can get some help making a clear decision.

There's the "Slingshot" routine, "Iron Man's Bulking", "Ten Week Surge", and then this "Iforce Maxout" routine a good buddy who is huge and uses AAS recommended. Here is his routine:
http://www.iforcemaxout.com
It's obviously the hypertrophy one at the top.

Please help!
Will be doing 16 weeks of Test-E at 600mg/week. 50mg Dbol for 5 weeks. Plenty of lifting experience. 7yrs+, although I did have to take the last 6 months off due to surgery.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes.

The one that works BEST for you is the best routine. There is not a special routine that needs to be used on a cycle. If you have a routine that has worked well for you this is the exact one I would do ON cycle. it just superchargers your program. There is zero need for a special training program on AAS.

MrJingles33

Awards
Yes.

The one that works BEST for you is the best routine. There is not a special routine that needs to be used on a cycle. If you have a routine that has worked well for you this is the exact one I would do ON cycle. it just superchargers your program. There is zero need for a special training program on AAS.
Well, I've mainly stuck to one program my entire workout career, and I think I can do better with a new one. Plus, being on AAS DOES call for something different since you can train more frequently, with more intensity.

So I guess I just need help picking out a solid routine that typically doesn't fail, and produces consistent results.

I mean, there are obviously some routines that work better than others, and some that definitely work better on AAS. That's the direction I am going here, and what I am asking for help on.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Yes.

I agree here. Personally I change my training time to time just to do something different. I'm not on a "set" routine but there's no way my body can adjust to what I'm doing now...which is a good thing

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I've mainly stuck to one program my entire workout career, and I think I can do better with a new one. Plus, being on AAS DOES call for something different since you can train more frequently, with more intensity.

So I guess I just need help picking out a solid routine that typically doesn't fail, and produces consistent results.

I mean, there are obviously some routines that work better than others, and some that definitely work better on AAS. That's the direction I am going here, and what I am asking for help on.
BOLD definitely

You can work more on AAS but your can do this on a normal routine by going heavier and adding more reps for intensity. There is no reason to go crazy on AAS and get some "specific" AAS routine. That is newb talk....add a few extra sets or whatever if you feel the need.

Just sticking to any solid routine will give you gains and the AAS will just be a compliment to it.

MrJingles33

Awards
BOLD definitely

You can work more on AAS but your can do this on a normal routine by going heavier and adding more reps for intensity. There is no reason to go crazy on AAS and get some "specific" AAS routine. That is newb talk....add a few extra sets or whatever if you feel the need.

Just sticking to any solid routine will give you gains and the AAS will just be a compliment to it.
So you guys don't believe in like DC, Slighshot, German Volume, splits, working a body part only once a week vs 2 times a week on AAS?

So will you guys just tell me what you think about this workout? It's the top one listed as Hypertrophy:
http://www.iforcemaxout.com/

Thanks....

And I know it's a sin to ask this, but a little help getting out of the red would be great! Thanks. :)

guyr62

Awards
Good advice Grambo. Listen to your body and try to simplify. I think sometimes we tend to make it all too complicated. Hence, the whole process becomes blurry.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you guys don't believe in like DC, Slighshot, German Volume, splits, working a body part only once a week vs 2 times a week on AAS?

So will you guys just tell me what you think about this workout? It's the top one listed as Hypertrophy:
http://www.iforcemaxout.com/

Thanks....

And I know it's a sin to ask this, but a little help getting out of the red would be great! Thanks. :)
I believe in them because they can be used on or off cycle. But i don't think just because you are on AAS you HAVE to workout body parts a certain amount of times or at a certain volume.

Nothing ground breaking, just a normal BB split but looks decently solid.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Plus, being on AAS DOES call for something different since you can train more frequently, with more intensity.
not really, no. it just lets weights go up faster, and synthesizes more protein. your CNS is more of a limiter, and most AAS put more strain on CNS than normal. So if you try and switch to some higher volume/frequency just because you are on AAS, you might very well see really crappy gains.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
GVT or DC would get my vote, but whatever routine you can stick to is obviously the best. and i'm making this assumption on the gear you have and diet is specifically for bulking. for cutting, sports training, etc, i wouldn't do either of those routines.