facial features from AAS

Bigbuttchicks

Awards
I noticed guys noticed that people wh use AAS have really strong jawlines/facial features. This just from supraphysiological doses of testosterone?

Broly

Awards
  • Established
Acording to the photo I don't see any kind of wierd androgenic features xD

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
... are u guys really making fun of my mom right now... seriously?

Cassavus

I noticed guys noticed that people wh use AAS have really strong jawlines/facial features. This just from supraphysiological doses of testosterone?
On a serious note...I thought it was HGH that had a hand in this;

"Other side effects include carpal tunnel syndrome, enlarged organs and a thickening of the bones. People may also notice gynocomastia and water retention."

I'm by no means an expert, so don't take this as fact. Maybe someone else who's more knowledgeable on the matter will give ya a better answer.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Facial structure will not change due to AAS usage. Now, when you gain and lose BF and water weight while on AAS or whenever for that matter, your face can either become more puffy/round "moon faced"; which is a higher BF percentage and higher water retainment, and when you drop BF and water weight, your face looks more angular as the jawline is now more defined... That answer the question?

dpfisher

I think it's GH. I was once tested for overproduction of GH due to a combination of high blood pressure and the fact the guy could see I have a strong jawline

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And yes, HGH has been know to increase bone density/thickness...

Broly

Awards
  • Established
I about the bone structure part I guess, as said before, it is GH that has the higher impact, unless you use it at a young age (an age when you shouldn't even be dealing with this kind of stuff). But AAS do have an impact on your look, as said before, and it doesn't need to be the AAS to do such. For me, ATD (an aromatase inhibitor) used only to boost my test levels, although it haven't made me a "moon face" it sure made my facial hairs to grow much faster and my voice was deepened during its usage. So when testosterone goes above the normal rage it sure has its facial and vocals effect.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Facial structure will not change due to AAS usage. Now, when you gain and lose BF and water weight while on AAS or whenever for that matter, your face can either become more puffy/round "moon faced"; which is a higher BF percentage and higher water retainment, and when you drop BF and water weight, your face looks more angular as the jawline is now more defined... That answer the question?
You sir are wrong. In a woman using AAS you will notice a widening jaw and harsher features. Not necessarily like the picture. She has used for awhile and probably stacked with higher doses. As well as competes as a woman bodybuilder.

Broly

Awards
  • Established
But in women high AAS are much easier to make greater diferences than in men since their body doesn't produce such high amounts of AAS (like testosterone). If we look at the diference betwen the higher range of normal levels of test in a women's body and to the levels of test they make their body pass through and the make the same comparison in man, women need to take proportionaly much higher doses of testosterone to achive a certain level of anabolic activity.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
You sir are wrong. In a woman using AAS you will notice a widening jaw and harsher features. Not necessarily like the picture. She has used for awhile and probably stacked with higher doses. As well as competes as a woman bodybuilder.
Daniela Sell is her name. She is another fine specimen to be created in Germany. Have a look at this:[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agA9iqWfw4Q"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia] I am thoroughly impressed. The grunt on the first press is unworldly.

caesars

Awards
for sure its will change,we all have muscle in face and it problably get hypertrophy as any other muscle.Some studies show that even bone structure can changes,of course not as the same effect as GH but its changes.

Kraker

Kraker

Awards
  • Established
I have a pic somewhere of my last cycle. I bulked pretty good at the beginning and then took winny at the end. You can notice that my jaw line is very defined, as well as the muscles in my cheeks are bigger, giving me a bit of a different and meaner look. As soon as i gain about 2-3BF% it goes away though.

Kraker

Kraker

Awards
  • Established
Isn't accutane the **** that permanently alters your chemical production? or am i thinking of something else?

Libertarian

Awards
  • Established
I haven't seen any solid research that shows changes in facial features due to AAS usage, but I still think it happens. When it comes to women a lot of people think the changes are just due to low bodyfat, but I can't convince myself that is true. Some women who are obvious AAS users just look far too manly in their faces, much more than just what having a low bodyfat would due. There are lots of female figure competitors with extremely low bodyfat but still have feminine faces.

citystreets

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ill say it again, steroid use affects ALL mucles in the body including the facial muscles primarly the biting muscle (massater) these muscles will also grow with use of steroids contributing to the wide jaw look. Keep in mind when introducing steroids into the body your IGF-1 levels will also rise accordingly which plays a hand in physical changes.

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
Ill say it again, steroid use affects ALL mucles in the body including the facial muscles primarly the biting muscle (massater) these muscles will also grow with use of steroids contributing to the wide jaw look. Keep in mind when introducing steroids into the body your IGF-1 levels will also rise accordingly which plays a hand in physical changes.
i agree w/ this, in fact i've seen my masseters grow. i dont think short oral PH cycles could cause actual bony overgrowth.

Bigbuttchicks

Awards
good answers guys from most of you at least.
Im still laughing on the very few people who say AAS has little effect on facial features????Are you ****ing kidding me?
Go to your local gym and look at any guy you KNOW is on AAS. They all have masculine jaw lines and cheeks. Of course you cant tell alot of the time because of the massive bloat that is caused by AAS.
Some examples are Arnold Schwarseneger off the top of my head. His face went through a RADICAL change when he was a teen around the age of nineteen or so. Are u saying he hit puberty at 19???
nah I think it was something called dianabol....
Its not something like everyone walks around with jaws like Jay Cutler, but to think that AAS has little change on facial features is retarted.