Mdrol--> Emergency Room

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
The thread topic definitely is too harsh, but I figured this title would grasp people's attention

First, let me say that I in no way intend to bash CEL, or their products, or in particular MDrol...simply put, this is my experience and I will relay it as unbiased as possible

So as some of you may know, I ran a bridge, Mdrol into Epi...I had to bump to 20mg of Mdrol fairly quick bc 10 did nothing, and eventually up to 30 mg, at the high doses I put on about 10lbs, but did not see any significant strength gains

After a few days into 30mg, I was getting some real bad back pains (I presumed back pumps) and lethargy, so I dropped back down to 20, and when the sides did not subside I began bridging into a low dose of Epi

A few nights past where the back pain was so bad that I could not sleep and to walk around was painful, and last night when I saw I had a fever I knew it was time to see the Doc

Went to the ER, they did a blood and urine sample, turns out I had blood in my urine and this was from a kidney infection...BP was also pretty high, and liver enzymes were elevated...I was also told that Potassium levels were "at an alarming high" whatever the hell that means, I have not found a link between that and AAS in my research...

Anyhow, beginning PCT tonight, which I feel is even sorta risky since Nolva is hepatoxic considering my present state and that I am on 3 different antibiotics lol

Pretty dissapointed with the gains/sides ratio of this cycle and that I will be sure to lose that 10lbs as i sit in bed during pct for the next week or so...cheers

PS, will be seeing my doctor tommorow, i will see if I can get a copy of my present test levels to see how Mdrol affected natural T production...will check back

reptone

Awards
  • Established
It may be unrelated. You may have had an infection unrelated to the M Drol or Epi and the infection interfered with your cycle. Just a thought. See what the Dr says.

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
You raise a good point-->I should have been more lucid

I didn't intend to blame Mdrol for the infection by creating this thread. I've just been posting separately in the CEL forum and Anabolics section and wanted to consolidate and provide a final statement of my experience.

There is no scientific or hard evidence that says the Mdrol and kidney infection are related. I was just A) disappointed with the yields of my Mdrol experience in and of itself and B) even more disappointed that this is how my cycle will have to end...and i felt i would share my experience as a whole

I also wanted raise a few facts: Mdrol did affect BP, liver enzymes, and aid in weight gain which gives it credibility that my batch was not necessarily bunk, however it seems that I had to go to a relatively high dose relatively fast to see any and everything (gains/sides)...this leads me to speculate if my batch was merely under dosed/ did I not respond...I will try my best to post test results to solidify whatever I can

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You already said it yourself, your Mdrol did not act the same as the Superdrol you had run in the past... Something sounds wrong there.

GLHF

GLHF

Awards
  • Established
****... this makes me think if i should use something else to kickstart my test with.

nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
i think your infection might have caused the non response to m-drol.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
nomoredex

nomoredex

Awards
  • Established
yeah maybe not but they are an important part in the production of hormones.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah maybe not but they are an important part in the production of hormones.
Kidneys?? Exactly what hormones are produced in the kidneys?

OP: How long were you on Mdrol and epi total? How quick time wise did you jump all the way up to 30mg SD?

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On my phone can't edit above.

Kidneys have nothing to do with androgen production or use other than filtration in blood to excrete. They do make EPO and Calcitrol.

Mindless

Awards
The adrenal glands (also known as suprarenal glands) are the star-shaped endocrine glands that sit on top of the kidneys. - Wikipedia

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Those are completely different than the kidney. They are just located on the kidneys. That quote straight from Wikipedia? :) Not that there's anything wrong with that.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
If I was a Cel Rep I would be mad as hell at your title's implication.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
I think the 2 are related but in a different way. Either u had a mild infection prior which your body would normally clear up but the u added a methyl steroid which is notorious for messing with liver and kidney function, making the work over drive. Then the body was no longer able to fight the infection. Or the sd reduced your levels and you picked up an infection which u couldn't fight off due to your body all ready at "stressed" level.

But sooo many people have taken sd and the clones and there haven't been many problems with it. But as with any drug, there can be side effects and different people get different sides fir many different reasons.

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
great...we could get into a theoretical dispute easily over this, but its really pointless, not that i don't clearly see your point and already acknowledged its a harsh title

I keep personal logs of all my cycles, for the member who asked about the dosing scheme, I'd be glad to share:

Week 1 Dose
5-Oct-09 10mg MD
6-Oct-09 10mg MD
7-Oct-09 10mg MD
8-Oct-09 10mg MD
9-Oct-09 10mg MD
10-Oct-09 10mg MD
11-Oct-09 20mg MD

Week 2
12-Oct-09 20mg MD
13-Oct-09 20mg MD
14-Oct-09 20mg MD
15-Oct-09 20mg MD
16-Oct-09 20mg MD
17-Oct-09 20mg MD
18-Oct-09 20mg MD

Week 3
19-Oct-09 30mg MD
20-Oct-09 30mg MD
21-Oct-09 30mg MD
22-Oct-09 30mg MD
23-Oct-09 20mg MD 20 Epi
24-Oct-09 20 mg MD Epi 20mg
25-Oct-09 20mg Epi

The back pains started around the 20th, give or take a day...

Its possible the infection may have been lurking from an earlier point and the higher dose made it more prevalent

By the 25th, I was feeling like such sh!t that I did not bother dosing the Mdrol after my initial dose of Epi

The bridge was started at an awkward point, but at that point I saw no returns from the Mdrol and only sides, i was torn between running the Mdrol 4 weeks and allowing it to fully shine at a high dose or just cutting the losses and bridging it early...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SD is known to be very dry; I wonder what effect it has upon aldosterone, especially since your potassium was very high.

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
SD is known to be very dry; I wonder what effect it has upon aldosterone, especially since your potassium was very high.
i actually just read an article about that, it didnt really explain the relationship between the two but it just mentioned that they affect each other...ill keep looking around, good point

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Link to log please. I'm curious to know what else you were taking with your mdrol/epi bridge, such as support supps. Also, how much water were you drinking daily? Have you had a kidney infection before?

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
Link to log please. I'm curious to know what else you were taking with your mdrol/epi bridge, such as support supps. Also, how much water were you drinking daily? Have you had a kidney infection before?
when i said personal log, i meant it was actually personal and not registered on AM, it sounds stupid but i create an excel book with each cycle i take to monitor daily calorie/protein intake as well as strength/weight gains etc...sounds excessive but it allows me to stay on point

if u want me to copy and past the entire thing in its entirety, i would be glad

im not new to this, but i tend to play it safe in terms of the basic...support supps include:
Fish Oil
Flaxseed Oil
Joint Support (Cissus, MSM, Glucosamine, Chonjointin)
Grapeseed Extract
Hawthorne Berries
Milk Thistle
Zinc (taken before bed, might seem counter-intuitive)
Saw Palmetto
Anti-Oxidant Boost Supp

Calories were kept at a minimum of 4100-but i did work up to about 4700 towards the end. Protein was kept between 330-400 grams.

Have never had a kidney infection before. Water intake- in terms of quantity I can't honestly give you a definite amount. My fluid intake, particularly water, is increased on cycle, and I tend to take a water break between every 2-3 sets while lifting. Can't give you a number, but I can say it is not far from what it should be if it is even below what is recommended.

I wasnt able to see my regular doctor today, so I felt less comfortable asking specifics with his replacement. He did throw some arbitrary numbers at me: "liver enzymes were at about 102, they normally should be within the 30-40 range" But I know this is very vague...there are two different enzymes ALT and AST...i have another checkup with my doctor in a few days

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
17amethyl that doesn't sound stupid, it sounds smart and the other members here would do well to emulate you in doing that

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
Here's just some concrete #s that came back from my bloodwork:
AST: 109
ALT: 213
- these are liver enzymes, normal AST are 5-40, normal ALT are 7-56

im almost shocked how high they were, i know how liver toxic Mdrol is supposed to be by reputation, but man when you see #s its very different

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
Here's just some concrete #s that came back from my bloodwork:
AST: 109
ALT: 213
- these are liver enzymes, normal AST are 5-40, normal ALT are 7-56

im almost shocked how high they were, i know how liver toxic Mdrol is supposed to be by reputation, but man when you see #s its very different
Well when was your last dose of Mdrol/Epi and what day was the blood test given?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established

Yeah, let's censor the flow of information to avoid offending the sensibilities of supplement reps. We get bagged on for keeping other vendors out of here by you guys, but we shouldn't dare report on a possible medical problem related to a powerful designer androgen. Let's just pretend they're as safe as cupcakes.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Hyperkalemia is a side effect of steroid use.

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established
Seth, are there any ways to mitigate the potential for Hyperkalemia during a cycle? Are certain androgens more likely to cause this problem?

Crowbar

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
Well when was your last dose of Mdrol/Epi and what day was the blood test given?
The last date of anything was only Epistane. The actual date is posted above- i think it was like the 25th and the blood test was the very next day (with no doses administered on that day).
I understand the blood test is very close the last dose, and this explains why enzymes are still high (actually, they are going to be elevated for quite some time, especially since I am using Nolva as part of my PCT- but the cost-benefit is obvious). I expected them to be elevated for sure, my point was that they were elevated to such an extent- almost 4 times what the regular norm is slightly alarming.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
Lol, I started my hasty(but, did prepar for a cycle with all supps preloaded 3 wks) cycle to test the MDROL about the same tyme as you and i think I have figured out the headaches everyone speaks of, which is also maybe in direct correaltion with your elevated potassium #s. I found that me an ectomorph @6' 182 and still gaining(168 wuz start weight) on Mdrol i have to take in a substantual amount of everything, especially Calories, and carbs, and when your upping theses you might as well up your water as well, i wuz at a gallon a day which wuz fine@ 10mg and for about 4200-4900 cals, 350 carb, and 320 protien, body felt fine over all. When upping the dose to 20mg i noticed several things happening, first wuz piss darkened up from clear to light yellow, first sign of possible dehydration, yet i wuz still taking in all the same stuff nothing had changed. Next wuz that i wuz starting to experience tension headaches, the kind that feel like its pulling your neck as well. Both of theses are related of course, when i upped the dose i put additional demand on my system, as well as when im upping my macros about 100gms on all three everyday, also having demands. You have to be taking in about 1 1/2 - 2 gallons especially on werkout days, when your sweatin your ass off and really taxing the hell out of all your systems(and taking your dose before werkouts, not such a great idea), as well as electrolytes, salts, or anything else you would like to call sodium, potassium, and a 3rd im forgetting. the first day i got theses tension headaches wuz when i took my dose an hour before werkingout, but i had also messed with my dosage tymes, so...? Increasing water and carb(whole grain carbs people) intake seemed to help with this. Also support supps are ever so crucial!!! and headaches, or backpumps TAURINE and more water, I never take any asprin, tylenol, or ibeuprofin. Now going into my 4 week, an adding M14e @ 2 caps a day, feeling great and kickng ass as my log will reflect.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Those liver enzyme levels are not so drastically high you should be overly concerned. They look about right for that compound. Also you're playing up the hepatoxicity of nolva a little much. It will be ok;) Continue on the support supps

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Nolva hepatotoxicity is more of a long term thing. Women who use it for years at 150mg are at risk. Using it for several weeks...hmm, not so much.

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
Nolva hepatotoxicity is more of a long term thing. Women who use it for years at 150mg are at risk. Using it for several weeks...hmm, not so much.
Those liver enzyme levels are not so drastically high you should be overly concerned. They look about right for that compound. Also you're playing up the hepatoxicity of nolva a little much. It will be ok;) Continue on the support supps
good to note...thanks for the valuable input guys :01:

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He said he doesnt take them
I know and the reason he was stating is due to toxicity to the liver I assumed because of the way it was worded. Tylenol is liver toxic but the others are not, I am saying they would be ok to take.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
The thread topic definitely is too harsh, but I figured this title would grasp people's attention

First, let me say that I in no way intend to bash CEL, or their products, or in particular MDrol...simply put, this is my experience and I will relay it as unbiased as possible

So as some of you may know, I ran a bridge, Mdrol into Epi...I had to bump to 20mg of Mdrol fairly quick bc 10 did nothing, and eventually up to 30 mg, at the high doses I put on about 10lbs, but did not see any significant strength gains

After a few days into 30mg, I was getting some real bad back pains (I presumed back pumps) and lethargy, so I dropped back down to 20, and when the sides did not subside I began bridging into a low dose of Epi

A few nights past where the back pain was so bad that I could not sleep and to walk around was painful, and last night when I saw I had a fever I knew it was time to see the Doc

Went to the ER, they did a blood and urine sample, turns out I had blood in my urine and this was from a kidney infection...BP was also pretty high, and liver enzymes were elevated...I was also told that Potassium levels were "at an alarming high" whatever the hell that means, I have not found a link between that and AAS in my research...

Anyhow, beginning PCT tonight, which I feel is even sorta risky since Nolva is hepatoxic considering my present state and that I am on 3 different antibiotics lol

Pretty dissapointed with the gains/sides ratio of this cycle and that I will be sure to lose that 10lbs as i sit in bed during pct for the next week or so...cheers

PS, will be seeing my doctor tommorow, i will see if I can get a copy of my present test levels to see how Mdrol affected natural T production...will check back
Elevated Potassium levels is a sign of kidney failure, I've seen this before w/ AAS use, but many times it gets misdiagnosed. Sounds like you F'ed yourself up royally.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
It may be unrelated. You may have had an infection unrelated to the M Drol or Epi and the infection interfered with your cycle. Just a thought. See what the Dr says.
You're F-ing dreaming. Surely it was the roids.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Not true. This thread is flooded with misinformation.
You are incorrect. It is a common misconception that ibuprofen is liver toxic (not so much with aspirin) because people confuse it with acetominophen (Tylenol) which can be very hepatotoxic. Aspirin and ibuprofen are of course not good for your gastrointestinal system.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are incorrect. It is a common misconception that ibuprofen is liver toxic (not so much with aspirin) because people confuse it with acetominophen (Tylenol) which can be very hepatotoxic. Aspirin and ibuprofen are of course not good for your gastrointestinal system.
Thanks Seth for that backing up.

They each have their drawbacks but only tylenol is very hepatoxic and is the reason the FDA is contemplating regulating what product.s contain acetominophen.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Who is incorrect? I didn't make the statement in the first place. I am incorrect in stating that this thread is laiden with misinformation? A statement which I stand by BTW.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Who is incorrect? I didn't make the statement in the first place. I am incorrect in stating that this thread is laiden with misinformation? A statement which I stand by BTW.
OK, I misread. I thought that he alleged that they were hepatotoxic.

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
The true reality is that the acute renal failure could have been induced by ANY of the supplements he was taking, including the "support" supplements. Given the number of supps, it is difficult to ascertain exactly which did it or if the combination of one or two did it. It is speculation at this point.