Guidance to SERM

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    yup ^^ or you could just skip the middle step, i.e. -

    volume to take = (desired mg) / (total mg / total ml)
    example: vol = 40mg / (1800mg/30mL) = 0.67mL

    OR

    volume to take = (desired mg) / (concentration in mg/ml)
    example: vol = 40mg / (60 mg/mL) = 0.67mL

    EDIT: The first equation can be rearranged as follows:

    vol to take = (desired mg * total mL) / total mg = (40mg * 30mL)/(1800mg)=0.67mL
    Back.... for real this time

  2. Registered User
    Cassavus's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    30
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    0

    Haha, thanks guys for the dosing equations.
  3. Registered User
    indianballer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Belleville, IL
    Posts
    388
    Rep Power
    300

    Hey guys not to hijack but I have a quick question for anyone. I've heard conflicting opinions on the dose relation between tamoxifen and tamoxifen citrate. I've seen one source claiming that 30.8 mg's of citrate was = to 20 mg's of tamoxifen, and another thread I saw a while back said it was like 23 to 20 or something rather negligible.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Mikey851's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    587
    Rep Power
    363

    Quote Originally Posted by indianballer View Post
    Hey guys not to hijack but I have a quick question for anyone. I've heard conflicting opinions on the dose relation between tamoxifen and tamoxifen citrate. I've seen one source claiming that 30.8 mg's of citrate was = to 20 mg's of tamoxifen, and another thread I saw a while back said it was like 23 to 20 or something rather negligible.
    I am almost positive it's 15mg tamoxifen in 20mg of tamoxifen citrate. There are some research chems that specify that they are adjusted for the difference.
    Read this thread: http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/hi...c/51311-1.html

    The above is one of many threads you can find by just searching liquid nolva dosing.

    0.5ml= 7mg tamoxifen
    1.0ml=14mg
    1.5ml=21mg
    2.0ml=28mg
    2.5ml=35mg
    3.0ml=42mg
    3.5ml=49mg
    4.0ml=56mg
    4.5ml=63mg
    5.0ml=70mg
  5. Registered User
    indianballer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Belleville, IL
    Posts
    388
    Rep Power
    300

    thank you I appreciate it and I really should have searched harder but I'm cramped for time lately and I kind of figured this would be an appropriate thread to just ask a quick question and get a quick answer in. And I did, and I thank you very much like I said. Much appreciated bro.
  6. Registered User
    b9cist's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    125

    What would the dosage of the Torem be for a lighter DS like H-Drol? Been reading good things about Torem, am interested in using this instead of Nolva.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderbeast View Post
    No. Torem is better than Nolva IMO (I do not have the link, but research seems to show that unlike tamox, torem upregulates HPTA in a similar fashion to clomid while blocking the receptor in breast tissue better than clomid). Toremifene is typically run as follows (for a harsh cycle):

    Week 1
    120 for 3 days, 90 for remainder of week 1
    Week 2
    60 mg ED
    Week 3-4
    30 mg ED

    Some guys I know actually prefer running all their SERMS in the following fashion:

    6 weeks total (5 weeks at full dose and one week at half dose)
    i.e. TOREM:

    Week 1-5
    60mg ED
    Week 6
    30mg ED

    BEAST
  7. Registered User
    Mikey851's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    587
    Rep Power
    363

    Quote Originally Posted by indianballer View Post
    thank you I appreciate it and I really should have searched harder but I'm cramped for time lately and I kind of figured this would be an appropriate thread to just ask a quick question and get a quick answer in. And I did, and I thank you very much like I said. Much appreciated bro.
    No problem man; I wasn't saying you should have searched harder. I was just saying that by searching liquid nolva dosing you will find multiple threads that say the same thing, and that is how I deduce what is true from false on the internet. If you find the same information in alot of different places it's either true or everybody is dead wrong.
  8. Registered User
    JIXXER's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    111

    Talking


    How much are you planning on running?

    I finished running 50mg(s) ED for 3wks, PCT TOREM 40/40/20/20
  9. Registered User
    JIXXER's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    111

    Talking


    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    yup ^^ or you could just skip the middle step, i.e. -

    volume to take = (desired mg) / (total mg / total ml)
    example: vol = 40mg / (1800mg/30mL) = 0.67mL

    OR

    volume to take = (desired mg) / (concentration in mg/ml)
    example: vol = 40mg / (60 mg/mL) = 0.67mL

    EDIT: The first equation can be rearranged as follows:

    vol to take = (desired mg * total mL) / total mg = (40mg * 30mL)/(1800mg)=0.67mL

    In cases like this do we still round? 0.67 round up 0.7?
    round down 0.6? Or be super accurate with our eye dropper..lol...and hit 0.67 dead on with a laser leveler?

    I'm sure someone looking at this is wondering this exact same thing
  10. Registered User
    JIXXER's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    111

    ^^^^^^......I'm looking for your answer CrazyChemist...?
  11. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    Quote Originally Posted by JIXXER View Post
    ^^^^^^......I'm looking for your answer CrazyChemist...?
    My apologies sir. Bogged down with pre-holiday paperwork.

    So to answer the question.....

    40mg requires exactly 0.67mL according to our calculations, right? (Actually it requires 0.6666666666....., i.e. 2/3 of one mL) Let's see what happens if we round to 0.6 and to 0.7.

    (1800mg/30mL)*0.6mL = 36mg

    (1800mg/30mL)*0.7mL = 42mg

    So by rounding you get +/- 0.5mg about, which is perfectly within the margin of error. Consider how differently everyones body chemistry is, how differently each solution may have been prepared, etc. With all those variables up in the air there is no reason to be concerned about being more accurate with the measurement than that. I therefore recommend rounding to the nearest 0.1 (e.g. 0.7 for the calculation above)
    Back.... for real this time
  12. Registered User
    JIXXER's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    111




    Excellent....sry about the nagging...just wanted clarification.

    I figured that might be the route to go, I just didn't want to post it without conformation!

    Thankx again...and MERRY CHRISTMAS NO HOMO...
  13. Registered User
    Mikey851's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    587
    Rep Power
    363

    My Torem is 50mg/ml. I'm about to start a cycle of Pplex here in a week or two. What would you guys recommend as far as dosing. I've never used Torem before and there seems to be alot of conflicting info on the dosages.

    I was thinking:
    100mg or 2ml for the first few days
    50mg or 1ml ed for two weeks
    25mg or .5ml ed for two weeks.
  14. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    Quote Originally Posted by JIXXER View Post



    Excellent....sry about the nagging...just wanted clarification.

    I figured that might be the route to go, I just didn't want to post it without conformation!

    Thankx again...and MERRY CHRISTMAS NO HOMO...
    no problem. not nagging at all you can feel free to get my attention like that i dont care. And i been dying to think of a reason to use the smiley. Happy holidays bro.
    Back.... for real this time
  15. Registered User
    indianballer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Belleville, IL
    Posts
    388
    Rep Power
    300

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey851 View Post
    My Torem is 50mg/ml. I'm about to start a cycle of Pplex here in a week or two. What would you guys recommend as far as dosing. I've never used Torem before and there seems to be alot of conflicting info on the dosages.

    I was thinking:
    100mg or 2ml for the first few days
    50mg or 1ml ed for two weeks
    25mg or .5ml ed for two weeks.
    You're going to want to factor in the citrate. refer to my post earlier in this thread and you'll figure out that 100 mg's torem will require more than 2 ml's of torem citrate
  16. Registered User
    Mikey851's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    587
    Rep Power
    363

    Quote Originally Posted by indianballer View Post
    You're going to want to factor in the citrate. refer to my post earlier in this thread and you'll figure out that 100 mg's torem will require more than 2 ml's of torem citrate
    I'm an idiot haha. I just got done posting that about Tamoxifen of course it applies to Torem too. Thanks man.
  17. Registered User
    CaponeCEO's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    33
    Posts
    694
    Rep Power
    456

    Just swallow the SERM, its not that much fluid. Maybe 1cc at most. If you mix it you might not get the same absorption qualities when it hits your stomach. Just put the dropper all the way in the back of your mouth so that you dont taste it. Most SERMS are nasty as sh**. Man up. lol
  18. Registered User
    dothereject's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    119

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    yup ^^ or you could just skip the middle step, i.e. -

    volume to take = (desired mg) / (total mg / total ml)
    example: vol = 40mg / (1800mg/30mL) = 0.67mL

    OR

    volume to take = (desired mg) / (concentration in mg/ml)
    example: vol = 40mg / (60 mg/mL) = 0.67mL

    EDIT: The first equation can be rearranged as follows:

    vol to take = (desired mg * total mL) / total mg = (40mg * 30mL)/(1800mg)=0.67mL
    so if i wanted 90mg of torem i would do 90mg/(1800mg/30ml)=1.5ml, that sounds like a lot, one full 1ml syringe plus another half full?
  19. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    Quote Originally Posted by dothereject View Post
    so if i wanted 90mg of torem i would do 90mg/(1800mg/30ml)=1.5ml, that sounds like a lot, one full 1ml syringe plus another half full?
    Yeah thats correct. Think of it this way, if 1800mg in 30mL then 60mg/mL. That means one milliliter contains 60mg. You want 90mg. So one milliliter isn't enough. If one milliliter has 60mg then half a milliliter has 60/2 mg, 30mg. 60mg + 30mg = 90mg OR 1mL + 0.5mL = 1.5mL. So 1.5mL is correct. Agreed?
    Back.... for real this time
  20. Registered User
    dothereject's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    119

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    Yeah thats correct. Think of it this way, if 1800mg in 30mL then 60mg/mL. That means one milliliter contains 60mg. You want 90mg. So one milliliter isn't enough. If one milliliter has 60mg then half a milliliter has 60/2 mg, 30mg. 60mg + 30mg = 90mg OR 1mL + 0.5mL = 1.5mL. So 1.5mL is correct. Agreed?
    yea, im doing 90/60/30/30 with a 30ml bottle of torem, will that bottle be enough for the four weeks?
  21. Registered User
    dothereject's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    119

    Quote Originally Posted by dothereject View Post
    yea, im doing 90/60/30/30 with a 30ml bottle of torem, will that bottle be enough for the four weeks?
    if i did the math right its 24.5mL used from the bottle of 30mL is that right?
  22. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    ahh here is how i calculate that,

    90/60/30/30 - add them all together, so 90+60+30+30=210mg times 7 days of the week = 1470mg total. So then put that total dosage into the equation from before:

    1470mg/(1800mg/30mL) = 24.5mL

    So.... you are correct.
    Back.... for real this time
  23. Registered User
    Cassavus's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    30
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    ahh here is how i calculate that,

    90/60/30/30 - add them all together, so 90+60+30+30=210mg times 7 days of the week = 1470mg total. So then put that total dosage into the equation from before:

    1470mg/(1800mg/30mL) = 24.5mL

    So.... you are correct.
    Wow, that's a much simpler way than I've been doing it! Given, I get the same answer it just takes me longer. Haha!
  24. Registered User
    dothereject's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    119

    when i take the 1.5ml is it best to take it all at once or can i fill 1ml, take it, then fill .5ml and take it
  25. Registered User
    jaydollars's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,436
    Rep Power
    27388

    Sooo, off topic question but when obtaining serms are research chemicals as good as the India/Asia pharmacies, I just hear sometimes people get bunk stuff from research chems
  26. Registered User
    NRM102's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    75

    I'm confused with the Torem dosing. Is 60mg of Toremifene the same as 60mg of Toremifene Citrate?
  27. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    Quote Originally Posted by dothereject View Post
    when i take the 1.5ml is it best to take it all at once or can i fill 1ml, take it, then fill .5ml and take it
    It really doesn't matter. As long as you get it all in ur body it'll do its thing.
    Back.... for real this time
  28. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    Quote Originally Posted by jayts22 View Post
    Sooo, off topic question but when obtaining serms are research chemicals as good as the India/Asia pharmacies, I just hear sometimes people get bunk stuff from research chems
    I've had reasonable success with SERMs from research companies. Make sure you use one that is reputable.
    Back.... for real this time
  29. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    Quote Originally Posted by NRM102 View Post
    I'm confused with the Torem dosing. Is 60mg of Toremifene the same as 60mg of Toremifene Citrate?
    There is no such thing as just toremifene. Toremifene is a cationic species (positively charged), thus it needs to be neutralized by an anionic species (negatively charged) of equivalent charge magnitude.

    Now, if you use different anions then the molecular weight of the overall species will change. Let's just say for argument sake that the toremifene cation is 100 daltons (a dalton is a unit of weight in science for atoms and molecules) and the anion is 100 daltons. Then a 200mg dose contains 100mg toremifene and 100mg anion. If the toremifene weighs 100 daltons and the anion weighs 200 daltons and you take a 200mg dose, then the toremifene is 67mg and the anion is 133mg.

    Got it?
    Back.... for real this time
  30. Registered User
    NRM102's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    75

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    There is no such thing as just toremifene. Toremifene is a cationic species (positively charged), thus it needs to be neutralized by an anionic species (negatively charged) of equivalent charge magnitude.

    Now, if you use different anions then the molecular weight of the overall species will change. Let's just say for argument sake that the toremifene cation is 100 daltons (a dalton is a unit of weight in science for atoms and molecules) and the anion is 100 daltons. Then a 200mg dose contains 100mg toremifene and 100mg anion. If the toremifene weighs 100 daltons and the anion weighs 200 daltons and you take a 200mg dose, then the toremifene is 67mg and the anion is 133mg.

    Got it?
    Ok so when the bottle says 1ml equals 60mg, that 60mg is the amount that people are refering to when the say they took a 60mg dose?
  31. Registered User
    dothereject's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    119

    can u mix torem with other liquids to get rid of the bad taste? or is it best to just take the torem alone
  32. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    Quote Originally Posted by NRM102 View Post
    Ok so when the bottle says 1ml equals 60mg, that 60mg is the amount that people are refering to when the say they took a 60mg dose?
    correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by dothereject View Post
    can u mix torem with other liquids to get rid of the bad taste? or is it best to just take the torem alone
    you can mix it but dont pre-make the mix. Mix it and drink it right away. In other words, dont take the 30mL or 60mL bottle and pour it into a carton of OJ. One, this could negatively affect anyone looking for some OJ and two it will lose activity. Instead, pour a glass of OJ, add the 1.5mL and then down it all.
    Back.... for real this time
  33. Registered User
    Smittysan8970's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    68

    Anyone have any experience with IR's Toremiphene? What about using Toremiphene as a PCT for a Tren/Halo cycle?

    Thanks in advance.
  34. Registered User
    Cassavus's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    30
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    0

    Chemist...I just got my Torem in today. Opened it up and to my surprise it's not the consistency that I was expecting. It's almost like a lotion, except not as thick as lotion would be. It's still a liquid, just nothing like water or oil. The bottle also came with a pump. Any thoughts on this?
  35. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    Quote Originally Posted by Cassavus View Post
    Chemist...I just got my Torem in today. Opened it up and to my surprise it's not the consistency that I was expecting. It's almost like a lotion, except not as thick as lotion would be. It's still a liquid, just nothing like water or oil. The bottle also came with a pump. Any thoughts on this?
    Umm.... there is a topical toremifene. Is there a brand name on it like Fareston or Acapodene or something else?
    Back.... for real this time
  36. Registered User
    Cassavus's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    30
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    0

    Nope, it just says Toremifene Citrate. I'm almost positive Jixxer got the same one as me.
  37. Registered User
    JIXXER's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    111

    Yea I did...if we ordered from the same place...

    It's not topical its oral...

    I sent you a PM CASS...let me know how it turns out....mine was the same...PCT

    was a breeze and great....I've retained all my gains...this stack was good to me

    +20lbs to my body weight...sweetness...round 2 is going to be awesome...230

    here I come...
  38. Registered User
    CrazyChemist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  184 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hartford CT
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,359
    Rep Power
    1545

    Quote Originally Posted by JIXXER View Post
    Yea I did...if we ordered from the same place...

    It's not topical its oral...

    I sent you a PM CASS...let me know how it turns out....mine was the same...PCT

    was a breeze and great....I've retained all my gains...this stack was good to me

    +20lbs to my body weight...sweetness...round 2 is going to be awesome...230

    here I come...
    Jix was yours thick like a lotion?
    Back.... for real this time
  39. Registered User
    Cassavus's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    30
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by JIXXER View Post
    Yea I did...if we ordered from the same place...

    It's not topical its oral...

    I sent you a PM CASS...let me know how it turns out....mine was the same...PCT

    was a breeze and great....I've retained all my gains...this stack was good to me

    +20lbs to my body weight...sweetness...round 2 is going to be awesome...230

    here I come...
    Thanks for clearing that up Jixxer! Chemist, I appreciate your help on the matter. Just wanted to be sure I was ready to go.
  40. Registered User
    JIXXER's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    111

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyChemist View Post
    Jix was yours thick like a lotion?

    Nah...not like lotion...more like Pepito bismal....lotion is thick..lol
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Need guidance
    By pgt in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-04-2010, 02:13 PM
  2. Havoc stack, to SERM or not to SERM.
    By ChaoticReign in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 02:31 AM
  3. just one week of SERM? short term serm
    By elabor in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-19-2009, 11:14 PM
  4. need some guidance
    By MC416 in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 08:40 PM
  5. Need some guidance
    By CaponeCEO in forum Bulking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 05:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in