Cycles and Injuries???

KeepBuilding

KeepBuilding

Awards
Hey guys I'd like to hear some input from you on this. Do any of you feel like you're more injury prone on cycles? I've had a very rough past month. Let's see it started with major forearm shooting pain in both arms when I do cleans which the physical therapist can't explain, wrist pains from deads and now I have to wrap both wrists, a partially torn calf from flipping an 850lb tire that is healing now, and today a strained rectus femoris from squats. I'm so sick of injuries! I'm training for an event which is a month out and now all the injuries are piling up. Sucks! Before this I've never been injury prone. So I don't know if it's just my training catching up with me or if the cycles are starting to play a role.

Chime in with thoughts and experiences. I'm so F'N frustrated right now.:frustrate I need to sit in a tub of ice.....

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
i can definitely see straining too much on cycle and pushing over ur limit and getting hurt. but personally, i feel more vulnerable off cycle.

im guessing ur a powerlifter, i would look into IGF and other peptides for healing injuries quicker

KeepBuilding

KeepBuilding

Awards
Hey thanks for chiming in man. I do strongman training and have one month left until my contest. I don't feel like I'm pushing myself too far but obviously my body is telling me otherwise. As far as IGF, you mean ordering from research places?

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
i agree with the above as far as the IGF goes, but my experience with it is VERY limited, so take that with a grain of salt. As far as your op goes, yes, i feel more injury prone while on cycle myself.

KeepBuilding

KeepBuilding

Awards
Yeah I don't have any experience with it either so I don't think that will be an option for me. I've always felt great but lately I'm really falling apart, very depressing.

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
I got injured so much that here recently (within the last year) I have made to switch for powerlifting to bodybuilding and have sufferd less injuries. I still feel more injury prone, but training with much higher reps and lower weight I seem to suffer much fewer tears which have plagued me since highschool days.

KeepBuilding

KeepBuilding

Awards
I got injured so much that here recently (within the last year) I have made to switch for powerlifting to bodybuilding and have sufferd less injuries. I still feel more injury prone, but training with much higher reps and lower weight I seem to suffer much fewer tears which have plagued me since highschool days.
I have done the exact opposite of you. Stuck to bodybuilding splits the last 9 or so years and didn't care about pushing big weight and now that I've made the change to strongman my body hates me!

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
My last meet was in october of 2008 in which I took first and broke 3 of 4 state records, I hung up the polyester then...not saying that I wont make a comeback someday, but not for now.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cycles do weaken ligaments and sometimes myocytes (muscle cells) so powerlifting is far from ideal in most cases. As mentioned above, bodybuilding is much nicer to the body in this respect as volume saves you from damage most of the time. But goodluck man and get that stuff healed.

KeepBuilding

KeepBuilding

Awards
Congrats on taking first TexasT!

Yeah I knew it could weaken ligaments and whatnot but everything just hit all at once so it's strange. Trying to rest as much as possible and still train what I can for the competition. I'd hate to have to go back to bodybuilding splits, I'm having so much fun training this way aside from injuries.

Ju1cedUp

Awards
  • Established
GHRP-2 peptide, IGF, and GHRP-6(optional; if u wanna spike ur appetite too)

growth hormone through the roof, heal up alot faster, and gain some strength and size.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Congrats on taking first TexasT!

Yeah I knew it could weaken ligaments and whatnot but everything just hit all at once so it's strange. Trying to rest as much as possible and still train what I can for the competition. I'd hate to have to go back to bodybuilding splits, I'm having so much fun training this way aside from injuries.
Personally I love bodybuilding splits but you are exactly right. Stick with what you love bro! Keep us updated and let us know how everything goes.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
i've injured myself many times on cycle. not uncommon. IGF Is great stuff, you'll love it. it's great for everything, especially in PCT.

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
Not trying to brag but the taking first wasnt that big of a deal to me. I have been undefeated since 01. THe state records do go well alongside my 2 national records though (the national ones got broken again already, but i held them for 3 years). I had my fun and decided to go a diffrent route. I considered strongman, but there is nowhere around here mentor me, and I have no idea how to train for it. As well as i have no clue as to where or how often contests are held. So I went to bodybuilding since I am good friends with a former Mr.Texas, Former Mr. MidAmerica, and a former NPC chmpion, as well as I see Branch about once every other month or so.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Not trying to brag but the taking first wasnt that big of a deal to me. I have been undefeated since 01. THe state records do go well alongside my 2 national records though (the national ones got broken again already, but i held them for 3 years). I had my fun and decided to go a diffrent route. I considered strongman, but there is nowhere around here mentor me, and I have no idea how to train for it. As well as i have no clue as to where or how often contests are held. So I went to bodybuilding since I am good friends with a former Mr.Texas, Former Mr. MidAmerica, and a former NPC chmpion, as well as I see Branch about once every other month or so.
Dude you gotta hook me up with a few of those guys! And is the NPC champ a National Contest Champ (NPC Nationals)?! I've won 3 NPC's but they have all been within 6 hours of my house and all of them have been huge, but I haven't done nationals.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Here is the NPC champ.

http://www.repetrope.com/men/competitors/detail.asp?CompetitorID=6173

Former Mr Texas

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6068300

The former mr mid america is an old schooler from 1983 named Dr. Bill Williams, and branch needs no introduction.

D***! You really DO have some hook ups bro! It would be nice to have some guys like that having your back :D. But good stuff. And the National's win in VERY impressive. I was going to do natural NPC Nationals but even the dang natural guys have taken AAS sometime or another so I decided to even the playing field a little before I take a step up.

KeepBuilding

KeepBuilding

Awards
Good stuff guys! Unfortunately I wouldn't have the funds right now to look into anything like that. I'll keep it in mind though. My problem is, I'm cutting for a weight class and trying to force my body to get stronger at the same time. Those two things just don't go together and I know that but I'm too damn stubborn to give up so my body is paying the price. I figure after this competition I'll get back up to my normal weight and keep working to compete in a heavier weight class.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That is very hard to do but not impossible! Goodluck bro! :thumbsup:

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
like he said hard but not impossable, i did it severalk times for powerlifting. And yeah, it comes in handy hanging with these fellas. There is one more guy i turn to for advice. I train with or beside him at least 2 times a week. he wishes to remain anon., but to give you an idea, he is 6foot 5inches, and 327lbs. Was gonna blow everyone away ant Europa this year, but got a herniated navel.