Lotion over transdermals

drei

Awards
Is it safe to put lotion on over transdermals after they dry?

DREi

azgymrat

Awards
I make my own transdermal - just alcohol and DMSO. To get it to absorb I slather on lotion then the transdermal, then a bit more lotion. Can't swear that it's safe but I haven't seen any neg. sides from it. Makes a huge difference in the absorption, without it there is a ton of white residue left on my quads, with it none.

drei

Awards
I make my own transdermal - just alcohol and DMSO. To get it to absorb I slather on lotion then the transdermal, then a bit more lotion. Can't swear that it's safe but I haven't seen any neg. sides from it. Makes a huge difference in the absorption, without it there is a ton of white residue left on my quads, with it none.
Yeah I was thinking that if DMSO is pulling PH's into your bloodstream maybe would the lotion in also.

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
its not safe......the DMSO can carry the ingredient of the lotion into yourcells and that can be very toxic

maraxus

Awards
I don't know about it not being safe. People put lotion on their skin all the time and even without DMSO some of the lotion must get absorbed by the skin. If the lotion is designed to go on the skin the manufacturers would not put toxics into it. Seems like the lotion would keep the skin moist for longer term absorption of ph. IMHO.
If you wanted to be on the safe side or if you felt like it could cause problems, you could just sprinkle some water on the area and rub it in more every few hours.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is a difference with localized absortion as a lotion would cause compared to systemic absortion as DMSO will do. Moisterizer is not meant to be absorded into the bloostream. If you use it let the DMSO or transdermal dry for about 30 minutes then apply a lotion such as aloe afterwards.

azgymrat

Awards
There is a difference with localized absortion as a lotion would cause compared to systemic absortion as DMSO will do. Moisterizer is not meant to be absorded into the bloostream. If you use it let the DMSO or transdermal dry for about 30 minutes then apply a lotion such as aloe afterwards.
So... Bobo, How toxic or harmful do you think this would be. I would imagine it may very with the brand used. Been doing it on and off for 6 months or so. Do you think it's worse than drinking the chlorine and floride(sp?) in the tap water?

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
It's probably less dangerous than the mercury levels in vaccines :D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So... Bobo, How toxic or harmful do you think this would be. I would imagine it may very with the brand used. Been doing it on and off for 6 months or so. Do you think it's worse than drinking the chlorine and floride(sp?) in the tap water?
Depends on what you use. You would have to look at the ingredients of whatever product your using. Its just not safe to start mixing ingredients when you don't know the what the consequences are or what the effects would be if small amounts make it into the bloodstream. You could look up the ingredients and each of them wouldn't have any effect. But the opposite could be true to so its always better to be safe than just dismiss it because its an OTC lotion. The reason you should probably wait is that the more potent PE's are completely removed (evaporated) from the surface of your skin by that time. The chlorine and floride in tap water doesn't get delivered directly into your bloodstream either. There is a little bit of difference.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
But to answer the original question, its ok after the initial lotion dries. It actually helps keep the skin moisterized and help repair any dryness/damage that can happen with longer cycles.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
You could always opt for an "organic" lotion (no jokes please) like a pure cocoa butter, palm tree oil or even chicken collagen thats available at BAC. No good way of knowing whether these would help or hinder absortion but at least you're not putting a bunch of unknown chemicals on your skin that might interact.

azgymrat

Awards
I think anything that moistens the skin and makes it softer is going to enhance penetration, just the stuff I've been using has propylene glycol as the 3rd ingredient at it has great properties for absorbtion. Best choice is probably stop being so cheep and buy the right sh_t. Novel idea - huh.