How long can Methyl powders be stored?

Hellhound

Awards
How long can powders such as M-1-T and M-Dien be stored for? Would it help to vaccume pack it or store in A fridge? Also, would tabs be better for long term storage? :D

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
How long can powders such as M-1-T and M-Dien be stored for? Would it help to vaccume pack it or store in A fridge? Also, would tabs be better for long term storage? :D
I've heard 4 years from someone before. I sent an email about this to Dazed but never got a reply. Hormones break down more rapidly in sunlight, heat, etc. Vacuum sealing them and keeping them in a freezer inside a dark bag would probably slow down the degradation process. How much? I dont know.

Hellhound

Awards
What exactly would long term storage result in?

If stored for A few years, would the product be noticably weaker? Hey, what if you were to make an oral solution (with PEG or oil) and deep freeze it, would that last any longer? We are going to have to figure this out because I know many of our members are stocking up as well. :confused:

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
I think the best bet, is to vacuum if possible, store them in the closet. Hoep for around 2 years. Even is they do lose some strength you wold just need to adjust dose when you use them, its not like after 2 years they would be worthless.

neurotic3

Awards
I don't think they turn bad after 2 years. I bought some 4AD caps from Higher Power and their expiration date was 2007, so I think they should last for 3 years even out of the fridge. I don't like to store them in the frindge because I'm afraid humidity screws them.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I don't think they turn bad after 2 years. I bought some 4AD caps from Higher Power and their expiration date was 2007, so I think they should last for 3 years even out of the fridge. I don't like to store them in the frindge because I'm afraid humidity screws them.
:confused: I've never heard of humidity being a concern with refrigerators. Just the ones that don't have electricity. LOL

I don't believe you would want to store powders, or tabs, in a refrigerator. Do like Sledge suggested, seal it and place it in a closet. You want a cool, dry place. I can see storing oils and liquids in a cold environment.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
:confused: I've never heard of humidity being a concern with refrigerators. Just the ones that don't have electricity. LOL

I don't believe you would want to store powders, or tabs, in a refrigerator. Do like Sledge suggested, seal it and place it in a closet. You want a cool, dry place. I can see storing oils and liquids in a cold environment.
You can't get much cooler and drier than a freezer.Or darker for that matter. Have you ever seen what happens to meat that has spent too long in a freezer? It ends up like a dry sponge.

csly

Awards
It is best to keep them in the frig. Because the particles will not be moving as fast. The cool temp will keep slow the interact of these particles with each other and anything in the environment. Therefore the product will not degrade as quickly. It might be a good idea to vaccum seal the product and then put it into a special freezer bag. The colder the better too. In theroy at a certain temp the particles would not move at and the product would be presevered forever.

neurotic3

Awards
It is best to keep them in the frig. Because the particles will not be moving as fast. The cool temp will keep slow the interact of these particles with each other and anything in the environment. Therefore the product will not degrade as quickly. It might be a good idea to vaccum seal the product and then put it into a special freezer bag. The colder the better too. In theroy at a certain temp the particles would not move at and the product would be presevered forever.
Csly, your theory sounds really cool, if we could store powders for, let's say, up to 10-20 years that would be AMAZING. However, I still think that humidity is a big concern, look at how the refrigerator walls are, full of small water drops... I think in this environment humitidy is definately a big concern.

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
vacuum seal it and put it in the fridge will last you +5years. put it in the freezer +10years. that's my educated "guess".

Hellhound

Awards
Sounds good!

:) Yeah, I guess A fridge is humid..But after vaccume sealing it, I dont think it would be A concern. 5 year life would be awesome, even if it did weaken A little bit!

neurotic3

Awards
If you vacuum seal and get it not in the fridge but in the freezer, do you think it could last up to 10-20 years?

TMack40

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You can order your powders vacuum sealed from 1fast400.

0 degrees Kelvin is absolute zero by the way...

neurotic3

Awards
You need to ask for it specificly. If you don't it will not come that way.
Will it be more expensive that way?

If it comes vacuum sealed could I get it in the freezer with no prob and expect it to last for 5-10 years?

chemikill

Banned
Awards
Will it be more expensive that way?

If it comes vacuum sealed could I get it in the freezer with no prob and expect it to last for 5-10 years?
It is $3 more,but I don't know if it will withstand the freezer climate.
-chem.

neurotic3

Awards
So, to sum up, I have these two final questions:

1) How long will powders last if stored in a dark cool place without vacuum sealing?

2) How long will powders last if stores in the fridge/freezer vacuum sealed?

Thank you.

rookie88

Awards
So, to sum up, I have these two final questions:

1) How long will powders last if stored in a dark cool place without vacuum sealing?

2) How long will powders last if stores in the fridge/freezer vacuum sealed?

Thank you.
This has been talked about before. No one knows for sure. It is safe to say at least two years. IMO 5+ years

neurotic3

Awards
This has been talked about before. No one knows for sure. It is safe to say at least two years. IMO 5+ years
Then I think that as an estimation guideline I will keep in mind that they will last 2 years outside the freezer and 5 years in the freezer.
Thank you.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
The key is dry, cool dark place. I was thinking of doing freezer packing but they would have to be in bigger chunks. like 5gms packs at a time.

kimo_brah

Awards
Here's what I'm thinking of doing:

Mix powder in Everclear 151 proof

vaccum seal the bottle in a plastic freezer bag

keep in freezer