How long can Methyl powders be stored?

  1. How long can Methyl powders be stored?


    How long can powders such as M-1-T and M-Dien be stored for? Would it help to vaccume pack it or store in A fridge? Also, would tabs be better for long term storage?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Hellhound
    How long can powders such as M-1-T and M-Dien be stored for? Would it help to vaccume pack it or store in A fridge? Also, would tabs be better for long term storage?
    I've heard 4 years from someone before. I sent an email about this to Dazed but never got a reply. Hormones break down more rapidly in sunlight, heat, etc. Vacuum sealing them and keeping them in a freezer inside a dark bag would probably slow down the degradation process. How much? I dont know.
  3. What exactly would long term storage result in?


    If stored for A few years, would the product be noticably weaker? Hey, what if you were to make an oral solution (with PEG or oil) and deep freeze it, would that last any longer? We are going to have to figure this out because I know many of our members are stocking up as well.
    •   
       


  4. I think the best bet, is to vacuum if possible, store them in the closet. Hoep for around 2 years. Even is they do lose some strength you wold just need to adjust dose when you use them, its not like after 2 years they would be worthless.

  5. I don't think they turn bad after 2 years. I bought some 4AD caps from Higher Power and their expiration date was 2007, so I think they should last for 3 years even out of the fridge. I don't like to store them in the frindge because I'm afraid humidity screws them.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by neurotic3
    I don't think they turn bad after 2 years. I bought some 4AD caps from Higher Power and their expiration date was 2007, so I think they should last for 3 years even out of the fridge. I don't like to store them in the frindge because I'm afraid humidity screws them.
    I've never heard of humidity being a concern with refrigerators. Just the ones that don't have electricity. LOL

    I don't believe you would want to store powders, or tabs, in a refrigerator. Do like Sledge suggested, seal it and place it in a closet. You want a cool, dry place. I can see storing oils and liquids in a cold environment.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Cuffs
    I've never heard of humidity being a concern with refrigerators. Just the ones that don't have electricity. LOL

    I don't believe you would want to store powders, or tabs, in a refrigerator. Do like Sledge suggested, seal it and place it in a closet. You want a cool, dry place. I can see storing oils and liquids in a cold environment.
    You can't get much cooler and drier than a freezer.Or darker for that matter. Have you ever seen what happens to meat that has spent too long in a freezer? It ends up like a dry sponge.

  8. It is best to keep them in the frig. Because the particles will not be moving as fast. The cool temp will keep slow the interact of these particles with each other and anything in the environment. Therefore the product will not degrade as quickly. It might be a good idea to vaccum seal the product and then put it into a special freezer bag. The colder the better too. In theroy at a certain temp the particles would not move at and the product would be presevered forever.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by csly
    It is best to keep them in the frig. Because the particles will not be moving as fast. The cool temp will keep slow the interact of these particles with each other and anything in the environment. Therefore the product will not degrade as quickly. It might be a good idea to vaccum seal the product and then put it into a special freezer bag. The colder the better too. In theroy at a certain temp the particles would not move at and the product would be presevered forever.
    Csly, your theory sounds really cool, if we could store powders for, let's say, up to 10-20 years that would be AMAZING. However, I still think that humidity is a big concern, look at how the refrigerator walls are, full of small water drops... I think in this environment humitidy is definately a big concern.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by csly
    In theroy at a certain temp the particles would not move at and the product would be presevered forever.
    what, like 0 degrees Kelvin?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by jweave23
    what, like 0 degrees Kelvin?
    More like absolute ZERO. Have you ever seen "Saint Seiya" serial?

  12. vacuum seal it and put it in the fridge will last you +5years. put it in the freezer +10years. that's my educated "guess".

  13. Quote Originally Posted by lancelot
    vacuum seal it and put it in the fridge will last you +5years. put it in the freezer +10years. that's my educated "guess".
    How do you "vacuum seal" something?

  14. Quote Originally Posted by neurotic3
    How do you "vacuum seal" something?
    you can get a vacuum sealer at any wall-mart. look in the kitchen electronics section.
  15. Sounds good!


    Yeah, I guess A fridge is humid..But after vaccume sealing it, I dont think it would be A concern. 5 year life would be awesome, even if it did weaken A little bit!

  16. If you vacuum seal and get it not in the fridge but in the freezer, do you think it could last up to 10-20 years?

  17. You can order your powders vacuum sealed from 1fast400.

    0 degrees Kelvin is absolute zero by the way...

  18. Quote Originally Posted by TMack40
    You can order your powders vacuum sealed from 1fast400.
    I ordered 1-test time ago from 1fast and it didn't come vacuum sealed..........

  19. Quote Originally Posted by neurotic3
    I ordered 1-test time ago from 1fast and it didn't come vacuum sealed..........
    You need to ask for it specificly. If you don't it will not come that way.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Lean One
    You need to ask for it specificly. If you don't it will not come that way.
    Will it be more expensive that way?

    If it comes vacuum sealed could I get it in the freezer with no prob and expect it to last for 5-10 years?

  21. Quote Originally Posted by neurotic3
    Will it be more expensive that way?

    If it comes vacuum sealed could I get it in the freezer with no prob and expect it to last for 5-10 years?
    It is $3 more,but I don't know if it will withstand the freezer climate.
    -chem.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by chemikill
    It is $3 more,but I don't know if it will withstand the freezer climate.
    -chem.
    Sldge has told me personally that's the best place to put them.

  23. So, to sum up, I have these two final questions:

    1) How long will powders last if stored in a dark cool place without vacuum sealing?

    2) How long will powders last if stores in the fridge/freezer vacuum sealed?



    Thank you.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by neurotic3
    So, to sum up, I have these two final questions:

    1) How long will powders last if stored in a dark cool place without vacuum sealing?

    2) How long will powders last if stores in the fridge/freezer vacuum sealed?



    Thank you.
    This has been talked about before. No one knows for sure. It is safe to say at least two years. IMO 5+ years

  25. Quote Originally Posted by rookie88
    This has been talked about before. No one knows for sure. It is safe to say at least two years. IMO 5+ years
    Then I think that as an estimation guideline I will keep in mind that they will last 2 years outside the freezer and 5 years in the freezer.
    Thank you.

  26. The key is dry, cool dark place. I was thinking of doing freezer packing but they would have to be in bigger chunks. like 5gms packs at a time.

  27. Here's what I'm thinking of doing:

    Mix powder in Everclear 151 proof

    vaccum seal the bottle in a plastic freezer bag

    keep in freezer
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How long can frozen chicken be left out for?
    By whosurmama in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-15-2013, 08:20 AM
  2. how long can IGF be run...
    By mywetnightmares in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-12-2006, 11:22 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 02:32 AM
  4. How long can one store Fina? (injectable solution)
    By patricks7 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 01:01 AM
  5. How long can I store M5AA as a solution?
    By dude in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 10:58 PM
Log in
Log in