FDA targets Vista supplement company in steroid sting

hard iron

hard iron

Awards
  • Established
The Food and Drug Administration is investigating a Vista company that manufactures dietary supplements and sells them online. Some of those supplements may contain illegal steroids that pose a potential health risk, according to an FDA search warrant affidavit obtained by News 8.

The company targeted by the warrant is I Force Nutrition. Employees in the company's Vista office didn't have much to say about the Federal search warrant issued last week. Office worker Alec Wisecup told News 8 the company is working with the FDA and there would be no further comment.

FDA agents accuse I Force of spiking its nutritional supplements with illegal and unapproved synthetic steroids. The warrant claims the company imported raw materials from China and distributed the supplements online through a network of body building web sites.
The warrant identifies the owner of the company as David Nelson, 42. Employees said Nelson was out of the office. He did not respond to messages left at his home in San Marcos or his office.

The FDA search warrant identifies four supplements made by I Force, including Dymethazine - which is still being offered for sale online - and other products named Bold 200, Methadrol and PheraFLEX.

In July, the FDA issued a health alert warning consumers about similar body building products saying synthetic steroids can cause, "...serious liver injury, stroke, kidney failure and... blockage of (arteries) in the lung."

Karen Rickett, a registered dietitian who owns Propel Pilates and Fitness in Rancho Bernardo, agrees with the FDA warning. "The supplement industry is highly unregulated and you really don't know what you're getting in a bottle when you buy it," said Rickett.

Rickett advises her clients to steer clear of body building supplements. "You could be taking that supplement and thinking it's natural and it may not be natural at all," she said.

Several web sites have discontinued the I Force products in question. The FDA declined to comment on what they called an ongoing investigation. No criminal charges have been filed and I Force Nutrition is still in business.

here's the link with the video includeing interviews with the company:
http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=11228122#

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have the link to an FDA site stating exactly which PH's are being pulled? I have seen alot of talk here and other forums but the links seem to point to older documents and nothing related to this present push. IS this a ban on PH's or just on a select few? I want to make sure I am informed not based on heresay but on the actual facts of what is happening.

Thanks!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FDA agents accuse I Force of spiking its nutritional supplements with illegal and unapproved synthetic steroids. The warrant claims the company imported raw materials from China and distributed the supplements online through a network of body building web sites.
:duh:

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply, but I was under the understanding that there were multiple PH's being pulled. So is this a knee jerk or have the items been "banned" officially.

hard iron

hard iron

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have the link to an FDA site stating exactly which PH's are being pulled? I have seen alot of talk here and other forums but the links seem to point to older documents and nothing related to this present push. IS this a ban on PH's or just on a select few? I want to make sure I am informed not based on heresay but on the actual facts of what is happening.

Thanks!
i dont have a link but from watching the court hearing yesterday it looks like the ones that can be taken off shelves and made illegal TODAY are bold,phera,tren.superdrol isn't on that dshea list yet, but it was talked about a lot.all other ph/ds will eventually be taken off shelves, but i dont think they can be made illegal/scheduled just yet. expect it to happen quickly though.

basically congress told fda/dea they have the power to get rid of phera,tren,bold ASAP

jeffh3c

jeffh3c

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the summary, that is what I was afraid of. I dotn watch the news anymore - seems like just bad news all the time - depressing..

EatMeat

EatMeat

Awards
yup, we find these great things that fall through loopholes, and now that government is aware they are plastering up our loopholes. i personally dont expect that we are going to see any new ph's to come out ever again. i think that this is it.

so stock up my friends.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
The Food and Drug Administration is investigating a Vista company that manufactures dietary supplements and sells them online. Some of those supplements may contain illegal steroids that pose a potential health risk, according to an FDA search warrant affidavit obtained by News 8.

The company targeted by the warrant is I Force Nutrition. Employees in the company's Vista office didn't have much to say about the Federal search warrant issued last week. Office worker Alec Wisecup told News 8 the company is working with the FDA and there would be no further comment.

The warrant identifies the owner of the company as David Nelson, 42. Employees said Nelson was out of the office. He did not respond to messages left at his home in San Marcos or his office.

The FDA search warrant identifies four supplements made by I Force, including Dymethazine - which is still being offered for sale online - and other products named Bold 200, Methadrol and PheraFLEX.

In July, the FDA issued a health alert warning consumers about similar body building products saying synthetic steroids can cause, "...serious liver injury, stroke, kidney failure and... blockage of (arteries) in the lung."

Karen Rickett, a registered dietitian who owns Propel Pilates and Fitness in Rancho Bernardo, agrees with the FDA warning. "The supplement industry is highly unregulated and you really don't know what you're getting in a bottle when you buy it," said Rickett.

Rickett advises her clients to steer clear of body building supplements. "You could be taking that supplement and thinking it's natural and it may not be natural at all," she said.

Several web sites have discontinued the I Force products in question. The FDA declined to comment on what they called an ongoing investigation. No criminal charges have been filed and I Force Nutrition is still in business.

here's the link with the video includeing interviews with the company:
http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=11228122#
When I think of someone that I would like to talk to about this my first thought is "Hey lemme talk to the person that owns the pilates gym"

Yea shes a dietitian too, but really people talk to someone in this industry or directly related to PH/DS's like gym rats or body builders. not pilates instructors.:slap:

phL8Tme

phL8Tme

Awards
Good call N8te! I'm looking for a good brain surgeon, guess I'll go ask around at Walfart!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When I think of someone that I would like to talk to about this my first thought is "Hey lemme talk to the person that owns the pilates gym"

Yea shes a dietitian too, but really people talk to someone in this industry or directly related to PH/DS's like gym rats or body builders. not pilates instructors.:slap:
I bet she could explain the hell out of a high carb, low fat Food Pyramid diet and why it is the best for you.

UGHQTempus

UGHQTempus

Awards
  • Established
I bet she could explain the hell out of a high carb, low fat Food Pyramid diet and why it is the best for you.
As long as there is no meat in it at all. That wouldn't be natural enough. And it might hurt someone!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As long as there is no meat in it at all. That wouldn't be natural enough. And it might hurt someone!
Soybeans!!!! THE WORLD'S PERFECT (wuss) FOOD!

RTD1

Awards
I just ordered me some Methadrol. One of the last readily available legit SD clones, now that it looks like that last batch of M-Drol was bunk.