FDA targets Vista supplement company in steroid sting

  1. Registered User
    hard iron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indian Country
    Posts
    463
    Rep Power
    573

    FDA targets Vista supplement company in steroid sting


    The Food and Drug Administration is investigating a Vista company that manufactures dietary supplements and sells them online. Some of those supplements may contain illegal steroids that pose a potential health risk, according to an FDA search warrant affidavit obtained by News 8.

    The company targeted by the warrant is I Force Nutrition. Employees in the company's Vista office didn't have much to say about the Federal search warrant issued last week. Office worker Alec Wisecup told News 8 the company is working with the FDA and there would be no further comment.

    FDA agents accuse I Force of spiking its nutritional supplements with illegal and unapproved synthetic steroids. The warrant claims the company imported raw materials from China and distributed the supplements online through a network of body building web sites.
    The warrant identifies the owner of the company as David Nelson, 42. Employees said Nelson was out of the office. He did not respond to messages left at his home in San Marcos or his office.

    The FDA search warrant identifies four supplements made by I Force, including Dymethazine - which is still being offered for sale online - and other products named Bold 200, Methadrol and PheraFLEX.

    In July, the FDA issued a health alert warning consumers about similar body building products saying synthetic steroids can cause, "...serious liver injury, stroke, kidney failure and... blockage of (arteries) in the lung."

    Karen Rickett, a registered dietitian who owns Propel Pilates and Fitness in Rancho Bernardo, agrees with the FDA warning. "The supplement industry is highly unregulated and you really don't know what you're getting in a bottle when you buy it," said Rickett.

    Rickett advises her clients to steer clear of body building supplements. "You could be taking that supplement and thinking it's natural and it may not be natural at all," she said.

    Several web sites have discontinued the I Force products in question. The FDA declined to comment on what they called an ongoing investigation. No criminal charges have been filed and I Force Nutrition is still in business.



    here's the link with the video includeing interviews with the company:
    http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=11228122#
    Eat Clean. Train Dirty.

  2. Registered User
    jeffh3c's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    252

    Does anyone have the link to an FDA site stating exactly which PH's are being pulled? I have seen alot of talk here and other forums but the links seem to point to older documents and nothing related to this present push. IS this a ban on PH's or just on a select few? I want to make sure I am informed not based on heresay but on the actual facts of what is happening.

    Thanks!
  3. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,723
    Rep Power
    949536

    Quote Originally Posted by hard iron View Post
    FDA agents accuse I Force of spiking its nutritional supplements with illegal and unapproved synthetic steroids. The warrant claims the company imported raw materials from China and distributed the supplements online through a network of body building web sites.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    jeffh3c's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    252

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but I was under the understanding that there were multiple PH's being pulled. So is this a knee jerk or have the items been "banned" officially.
  5. Registered User
    rckvl7's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    387
    Rep Power
    255

    Oh noes!
  6. Registered User
    hard iron's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indian Country
    Posts
    463
    Rep Power
    573

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffh3c View Post
    Does anyone have the link to an FDA site stating exactly which PH's are being pulled? I have seen alot of talk here and other forums but the links seem to point to older documents and nothing related to this present push. IS this a ban on PH's or just on a select few? I want to make sure I am informed not based on heresay but on the actual facts of what is happening.

    Thanks!
    i dont have a link but from watching the court hearing yesterday it looks like the ones that can be taken off shelves and made illegal TODAY are bold,phera,tren.superdrol isn't on that dshea list yet, but it was talked about a lot.all other ph/ds will eventually be taken off shelves, but i dont think they can be made illegal/scheduled just yet. expect it to happen quickly though.

    basically congress told fda/dea they have the power to get rid of phera,tren,bold ASAP
    Eat Clean. Train Dirty.
  7. Registered User
    jeffh3c's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  213 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    252

    Thanks for the summary, that is what I was afraid of. I dotn watch the news anymore - seems like just bad news all the time - depressing..
  8. Registered User
    EatMeat's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    159
    Rep Power
    150

    yup, we find these great things that fall through loopholes, and now that government is aware they are plastering up our loopholes. i personally dont expect that we are going to see any new ph's to come out ever again. i think that this is it.

    so stock up my friends.
  9. Registered User
    mark118's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    812
    Rep Power
    477

    Quote Originally Posted by hard iron View Post
    Rickett advises her clients to steer clear of body building supplements. "You could be taking that supplement and thinking it's natural and it may not be natural at all," she said.

    here's the link with the video includeing interviews with the company:
    http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=11228122#
    hmmm is bold natural? apparently it may not be.....
  10. Registered User
    n8te's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NC!
    Posts
    1,396
    Rep Power
    802

    Quote Originally Posted by hard iron View Post
    The Food and Drug Administration is investigating a Vista company that manufactures dietary supplements and sells them online. Some of those supplements may contain illegal steroids that pose a potential health risk, according to an FDA search warrant affidavit obtained by News 8.

    The company targeted by the warrant is I Force Nutrition. Employees in the company's Vista office didn't have much to say about the Federal search warrant issued last week. Office worker Alec Wisecup told News 8 the company is working with the FDA and there would be no further comment.

    FDA agents accuse I Force of spiking its nutritional supplements with illegal and unapproved synthetic steroids. The warrant claims the company imported raw materials from China and distributed the supplements online through a network of body building web sites.
    The warrant identifies the owner of the company as David Nelson, 42. Employees said Nelson was out of the office. He did not respond to messages left at his home in San Marcos or his office.

    The FDA search warrant identifies four supplements made by I Force, including Dymethazine - which is still being offered for sale online - and other products named Bold 200, Methadrol and PheraFLEX.

    In July, the FDA issued a health alert warning consumers about similar body building products saying synthetic steroids can cause, "...serious liver injury, stroke, kidney failure and... blockage of (arteries) in the lung."

    Karen Rickett, a registered dietitian who owns Propel Pilates and Fitness in Rancho Bernardo, agrees with the FDA warning. "The supplement industry is highly unregulated and you really don't know what you're getting in a bottle when you buy it," said Rickett.

    Rickett advises her clients to steer clear of body building supplements. "You could be taking that supplement and thinking it's natural and it may not be natural at all," she said.

    Several web sites have discontinued the I Force products in question. The FDA declined to comment on what they called an ongoing investigation. No criminal charges have been filed and I Force Nutrition is still in business.



    here's the link with the video includeing interviews with the company:
    http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=11228122#
    When I think of someone that I would like to talk to about this my first thought is "Hey lemme talk to the person that owns the pilates gym"

    Yea shes a dietitian too, but really people talk to someone in this industry or directly related to PH/DS's like gym rats or body builders. not pilates instructors.
  11. Registered User
    phL8Tme's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    236
    Rep Power
    181

    Good call N8te! I'm looking for a good brain surgeon, guess I'll go ask around at Walfart!
  12. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,302
    Rep Power
    755325

    Quote Originally Posted by n8te View Post
    When I think of someone that I would like to talk to about this my first thought is "Hey lemme talk to the person that owns the pilates gym"

    Yea shes a dietitian too, but really people talk to someone in this industry or directly related to PH/DS's like gym rats or body builders. not pilates instructors.
    I bet she could explain the hell out of a high carb, low fat Food Pyramid diet and why it is the best for you.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  13. Registered User
    UGHQTempus's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  285 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    243

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    I bet she could explain the hell out of a high carb, low fat Food Pyramid diet and why it is the best for you.
    As long as there is no meat in it at all. That wouldn't be natural enough. And it might hurt someone!
  14. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,302
    Rep Power
    755325

    Quote Originally Posted by UGHQTempus View Post
    As long as there is no meat in it at all. That wouldn't be natural enough. And it might hurt someone!
    Soybeans!!!! THE WORLD'S PERFECT (wuss) FOOD!
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  15. Registered User
    RTD1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    90

    Quote Originally Posted by hard iron View Post
    The FDA search warrant identifies four supplements made by I Force, including Dymethazine - which is still being offered for sale online - and other products named Bold 200, Methadrol and PheraFLEX.
    I just ordered me some Methadrol. One of the last readily available legit SD clones, now that it looks like that last batch of M-Drol was bunk.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. best supplement company
    By Dazer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 04:11 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-24-2007, 10:37 AM
  3. Steroid Sting Snares Bodybuilder
    By IRserge in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-04-2005, 06:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in